Author Topic: Words Cannot Express How Much We Could Use Kenneth Faried  (Read 5683 times)

Re: Words Cannot Express How Much We Could Use Kenneth Faried
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 02:15:07 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
His ceiling is Reggie Evans. I'm not impressed.

He's already better than Reggie Evans and more active.

Reggie Evans with more hops. Faried isn't starter material longterm.

Except he was the starter as a ROOKIE on a team that just took one of the top 5 teams in the NBA to 7 games. And he was by NO MEANS surrounded by great players. A bunch of pretty decent players. He's very much like Ben Wallace. Also not "starter material long term". I reckon we would be a much better team with him starting at the four.

Kenneth Faried is Paul Pierce size. I don't see it. Ben Wallace is much taller, bigger wingspan, and is built like a tank. Plus he plays Center position where he plays around the basket. To be a 4 man Faried can't be liability on offense. You can't hide an offensively challenged power forward who is undersized.

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 02:18:10 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93

He's not starter material the same way Perk wasn't starter material, Ben Wallace wasn't starter material. Avery Bradley isn't starter material.

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 03:08:51 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Reggie Evans?  Ben Wallace?  He's an above average rebounder like the two of them, but that's where the comparisons end.

As a rookie he already has more of an offensive game than either of them.  He averaged 10.2/7.7 in 22 minutes per game for the season.  His offensive game is raw, but he's already shown great improvement from his time at Morehead State.  Having said that, PF's with length like Pau Gasol and LaMarcus Aldridge are always going to be a tough matchup for him.

I think he'll be a legit starter going forward - a fourth or fifth option on a very good team.  I wouldn't expect him to be a go-to guy on offense, but he should develop to the point where he's good for more than dunks and layups.  Certainly an adequate offensive player at the very least. 

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 03:14:02 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
faried is great

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 04:35:26 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Love Faried, but Gasol and Bynum still killed him on the boards and in the paint tonight. He's not 7 ft tall.

Its what happens when Bynum is allowed to camp the lane for 9 seconds.

Credit goes to jdz for that 1

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 05:21:29 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I agree, but a better, much more effort exerting Reggie Evans. He's better than Evans right now, and could be much better. But it's pretty much what his role is gonna be, same as Evans.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:26:39 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 07:29:04 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I would go as far as trading our draft pick plus JJJ to get him.

Why would Denver ever do this?

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Faried has a 9 foot standing reach and 11'7" no step vertical.  Both are pretty good for an undersized PF.  Some undersized bigs can be effective despite a lack of height.  Faried has shown that he's probably going to be one of them. 

I'd give up both of the Cs firsts for him. 

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93

Except he was the starter as a ROOKIE on a team that just took one of the top 5 teams in the NBA to 7 games. And he was by NO MEANS surrounded by great players. A bunch of pretty decent players. He's very much like Ben Wallace. Also not "starter material long term". I reckon we would be a much better team with him starting at the four.

Kenneth Faried is Paul Pierce size. I don't see it. Ben Wallace is much taller, bigger wingspan, and is built like a tank. Plus he plays Center position where he plays around the basket. To be a 4 man Faried can't be liability on offense. You can't hide an offensively challenged power forward who is undersized.

Excellent call on this one.

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Excellent call on this one.

I'm sticking with what I said; Kenneth Faried is Reggie Evans with more hops. Not a knock at all. My point remains he isn't starter material on a contender. Maybe on an average team like the Nuggets that play uptempo which hides the fact he is a huge liability on offense.

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
there are a lot of great players in this league we could use.

Since his particular talent is rebounding, and we struggle with that specifically, it seems prescient to bring him up. Obviously other good players with other talents would be useful, e.g swapping Bradley for James Harden. That's just not relevant to a particular deficiency of ours.

We're 5th or so in defensive rebounding, so I don't think it's true that we struggle with that specifically. Faried is 32nd in the league in defensive rebounding and 8th in offensive rebounding. Assuming Doc has him get back on defense instead of hitting the offensive glass, I don't know how much he'd help with our "rebounding issues".

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 11:53:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kenny Faried would not give us the interior defense we need.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 03:32:59 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
faried is a superstar. i said it last year and everyone laughed at me. i'll say it again and perhaps get laughed at, but time will prove me correct.  he's one of the best players in the league according to position adjusted win score per 48 minutes. he should have gone top 3 in the 2011 nba draft. for anyone to think of him less than an all-star caliber player - that person just shows their lack of ability to judge basketball talent. even if you use per as a metric to judge a players ability (a metric i dont like) he is still up at around 18 plus minus last time i checked, which is all-star level.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 03:47:30 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Faried has a 9 foot standing reach and 11'7" no step vertical.  Both are pretty good for an undersized PF.  Some undersized bigs can be effective despite a lack of height.  Faried has shown that he's probably going to be one of them. 

I'd give up both of the Cs firsts for him.
wow. I have an 8 foot standing reach, I feel like 9 feet is ridiculously far away.

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
there are a lot of great players in this league we could use.

Since his particular talent is rebounding, and we struggle with that specifically, it seems prescient to bring him up. Obviously other good players with other talents would be useful, e.g swapping Bradley for James Harden. That's just not relevant to a particular deficiency of ours.

We're 5th or so in defensive rebounding, so I don't think it's true that we struggle with that specifically. Faried is 32nd in the league in defensive rebounding and 8th in offensive rebounding. Assuming Doc has him get back on defense instead of hitting the offensive glass, I don't know how much he'd help with our "rebounding issues".

This is probably the best way to describe how Faried would affect our team. He wouldn't be utilized properly and he's perfect for a run and gun team like Denver but his talents would almost be wasted here.
We need an interior presence. A monster to complement KG that can defensive rebound and alter shots, particularly when KG is off the floor.
Someone who can guard the paint when KG is dragged out to guard Chris Bosh's 18 footer come playoff time.
Faried ain't that guy for the Celtics.
Great player, beast, All Star potential.
Just not the best fit for the C's.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.