Author Topic: Marc Davis, NBA Referee, extremely corrupt.  (Read 21341 times)

Re: Marc Davis, NBA Referee, extremely corrupt.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Didn't matter in the overall outcome of the game but to see such a ludicrous call fits in with the ineptitude and bizarre actions of Marc Davis.

I don't agree that it didn't matter.  Reggie Evans is basically a train wreck in basketball shorts.  That tech probably curbed some of his aggression.  Evans was pretty much a non-factor after the tech.

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
What on earth was Davis' problem?  Absolutely baffling.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Might be better to say: 'Marc Davis NBA referee, extremely inept'

Might be better to say "extremely confused".

How on God's green earth can anybody officiate in the NBA?

Example...Pregame officiating huddle...Miami vs Boston:  No rule whatsoever applies to the messiah unless the game...Or the series is already decided.  Pierce, although he travels almost every time he has the ball, can only be called once a game.  We've already called the upfake/charge on Pierce a charge once this season.  So every time now is a foul.  Wade can never be called for traveling.  Ever.  Every Wade flop is an offensive foul.

May be a bit...(maybe) of an exaggeration...But crap like this leaves the door wide open to call any NBA official inept or corrupt.  How the hell would anybody know the difference?

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 12:14:06 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Either way, this is completely inexcusable call. Anyone who tries to defend it can't be taken seriously. That was, in no shape or form, a taunt of any kind.

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Some of you might might blind. I knew it was a taunt the second they did it. You cant Eiffel tower high five over a down player. Its a disrespectful taunt.

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Some of you might might blind. I knew it was a taunt the second they did it. You cant Eiffel tower high five over a down player. Its a disrespectful taunt.

There was no "down player".

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugxSjIeWXJ8

That's not a taunt. I'm not blind, the player wasn't 'down', and unless there is a huge element I'm missing, there wasn't a t here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

That's not a taunt. I'm not blind, the player wasn't 'down', and unless there is a huge element I'm missing, there wasn't a t here.

There's no taunt there.  Period.

At the end of that...In another clip, it shows Reggie Evans taking a ridiculous flop against Tony Allen and getting the call.  Was the taunt a makeup call?  But I absolutely agree with VanGundy when he said they may have been laughing but it's not funny.  The unchecked flopping is making a mockery of the game.

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37

Terrible call, I did not see anything wrong here at all. Weird.

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I did not think I'd get to say this, but this technical is even worse than the one Sasha Pavlovic got against the Knicks (http://youtu.be/HDfEqUMGAGo). Gotta hand it to Marc Davis, he rivals Joe Crawford in ineptitude. Somewhat of an accomplishment after all

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
definetely a taunt.

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
definetely a taunt.

Seriously, how? The players are oblivious to each other. One is picking up the ball, walking to rebounding position. The other two are high-fiving without even looking at the opposition? I truly have no idea how you see this as taunting. Baffling.

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
definetely a taunt.

Seriously, how? The players are oblivious to each other. One is picking up the ball, walking to rebounding position. The other two are high-fiving without even looking at the opposition? I truly have no idea how you see this as taunting. Baffling.
there is no legitimate high five going on. that is  fake high five to taunt the player under them.
you cant display taunts over people. what theyre looking at is irrelevant and has nothing to do with nba rules.

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »

Offline jax_celtsfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
definetely a taunt.

there is no legitimate high five going on. that is  fake high five to taunt the player under them.
you cant display taunts over people. what theyre looking at is irrelevant and has nothing to do with nba rules.

Good call, refs have to put a stop to fake high fives. Almost as disrespectful as the fake chest-bump.

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2012, 09:01:21 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
definetely a taunt.

Good call, refs have to put a stop to fake high fives. Almost as disrespectful as the fake chest-bump.
if the "chest bump" is over a down player, then yes, I agree.