Author Topic: Marc Davis, NBA Referee, extremely corrupt.  (Read 21340 times)

Re: Marc Davis, NBA Referee, extremely corrupt.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 01:59:15 AM »

Offline bostonman1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
The technical on Reggie Evans for high fiving was one of the worst calls you will ever see.  There was no interaction with any Memphis player.  Cunningham had bent down to pick up the ball and had already passed by when Griffin gave Evans a plain old high five.  No words, gestures, glares were directed to any Memphis player.

Griffin and Evans asked Danny Phillips what happened and he had no clue.  Then they and Del Negro tried to ask Marc Davis but not sure what he said.

Didn't matter in the overall outcome of the game but to see such a ludicrous call fits in with the ineptitude and bizarre actions of Marc Davis.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy3eTPulYu0

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 02:16:15 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
That was absolutely the most ridiculous Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.n technical foul in the history of technical fouls.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 02:18:58 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Isn't that the same ref that officiated that ALT-BOS game a few weeks ago during the regular season, I believe....the same one that it seemed so obvious to me that he was attempting to gift the game to ATL?

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 03:09:29 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
While they sometimes lead to the same outcome, there is a difference between corrupt and incompetent.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 03:37:47 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
you guys dont understand how its a taunt?  they didnt really high five, they were taunting the guy under them. You can tell by the awkwardness of the high five.

If a player blatantly taunts an opponent, a technical foul shall be assessed. The opponent WILL NOT, automatically, be assessed a technical foul. His behavior will be the determining factor. Simultaneous taunting is a verbal altercation. Verbal altercations and unsportsmanlike conduct will be administered as a double technical foul and no free throws will be attempted. Technical fouls assessed to opposing teams during the same dead ball and prior to the administering of any free throw attempt for the first technical foul, shall be interpreted as a double technical foul. A PLAYER(S) GUILTY OF TAUNTING MUST BE SINGLED OUT AND PENALIZED. If a previous unsportsmanlike act has been committed and if this situation is BLATANT, a technical foul must be assessed and the guilty player(s) must be ejected.

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 04:08:29 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
you guys dont understand how its a taunt?  they didnt really high five, they were taunting the guy under them. You can tell by the awkwardness of the high five.

Well that's one theory, I just always thought Reggie Evans was an awkward guy.. Seriously though I don't understand how that's a taunt, they high-five as he bends down to get the ball. That wouldn't get a reaction out of me at all if I'm a player. They didn't touch him or even look at him.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 04:26:10 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Hahaaa at Breen "Marc Davis saw something...I don't know what he saw."
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 04:28:57 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
They Eiffel Tower-ed the guy.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 06:27:01 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
the high five was a taunt. player under them.

It was nothing close to a taunt, stop. The Memphis player didn't even see it. The Memphis player was so low, it couldn't have even remotely been seen as trying to rub anything in a player's face.

It was a bad and very dirty call, period. It wasn't the only bad call by that guy, either. There were quite a few others, too. This guy is just plain corrupt. It's blatantly obvious. There was even a bad call that he made in the 3rd, which basically forced one of the other refs to call a little pitty pat offensive call on the Grizz in order to reverse the ball back the other way. They other refs were trying to check the guy, but he was being very bold with some of his calls. He's one of those refs looking to get his name and face out there. It's obvious.

It was in the heat of the moment. They didn't go out of their way to do it over the Grizzlies player. You see this kinda high five happen all the time, but they never call a tech for it. This is like KG getting a tech for high fiving after drawing a foul for a shot that didn't go in, but he's headed to the line. That's exactly what it was. Very innocent.
so its not a taunt if the player doesnt see it?

its obvious you didnt read the rule book.

The point is, regardless of whether technically high-fiving a teammate while and opponent is under your arm is a by-the-book technical fouls, these are the NBA PLAYOFFS - a call like that can completely swing a game, series, and an entire season.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
How is this guy still employed after game 1 against the hawks and now this. The worst official in the nba. Im sure he bets on games ala donaghy.
I still think Joey Crawford is the worst.  Besides the fact he makes terrible calls, he often gets caught up in the crowd a la Frank Drebin when he was the umpire in the Naked Gun movies.  If someone travels he won't simply make a traveling signal, he'll pause and make it extra dramatic.  He makes it personal between him and the players.  Look up the tech he gave Tim Duncan when he was laughing on the bench.  Maybe the worst call ever.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 09:39:39 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I saw the play happen and many replays and it makes no sense.  None.  Nada.  Unless this ref is on the take there is NO EXCUSE.

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
nope, don't get that one at all....

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
What I think happened is when the Memphis player crouched, and Marc Davis had another Memphis player obstructing his view, he thought he saw Evans shove him for some reason.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I really hope we don't see him again in the playoffs.  I'd prefer Joey Crawford to him.  Crawford gets overamped and takes things personally, but this guy consistently blows calls two feet in front of him, and imagines things he doesn't see.  With Crawford, you know to back off if you don't like his call -- but with Davis, there's no way to plan around him.  He's just going to screw up a lot.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I just wanna know how Reggie Evans got the tech when Griffin initiated the high-five.

Griffin is a star.  Evans is a target.