Author Topic: Stop Listening to Chris Broussard  (Read 3724 times)

Stop Listening to Chris Broussard
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:16:11 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Posted from the main site:

http://www.sulia.com/post/new-york-knicks-vs-miami-heat/d0ab06db-f476-406d-9854-8bd32a7e7bcc/

Anything that comes out of Broussard's mouth will be designed to alienate and anger Boston fans.  The anti-Boston bias drips from his face when he talks.  Remember when he continued to insist that Danny was trying to trade Rondo, our (cheap) All-Star, 26-year-old, All Defensive Team, NBA-assist leading point guard for 32-year-old Pau Gasol, the expensive power forward/center from our most HATED rivals?  There was no way Danny was doing that trade, I would have demanded his resignation. 

Broussard has no credibility.

Re: Stop Listening to Chris Broussard
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Posted from the main site:

http://www.sulia.com/post/new-york-knicks-vs-miami-heat/d0ab06db-f476-406d-9854-8bd32a7e7bcc/

Anything that comes out of Broussard's mouth will be designed to alienate and anger Boston fans.  The anti-Boston bias drips from his face when he talks.  Remember when he continued to insist that Danny was trying to trade Rondo, our (cheap) All-Star, 26-year-old, All Defensive Team, NBA-assist leading point guard for 32-year-old Pau Gasol, the expensive power forward/center from our most HATED rivals?  There was no way Danny was doing that trade, I would have demanded his resignation. 

Broussard has no credibility.

The greatest disservice Broussard does is his butchering of the English language. Cant stand watching him try to announciate and form sentences. And man does he love to hear himself speak. It's mind numbing though, and mostly blasphemy. He jumps on any bandwagon that has a large urban following. To me he comes off as very biased in this manner. Hates the Celtics on Jemele Hill levels so it seems..

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »

Offline Josh88

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11

The greatest disservice Broussard does is his butchering of the English language. Cant stand watching him try to announciate

rather ironic

Can't the Heat only offer the mini-MLE next year? Ray has basically said money is his first priority, there's got to be another contender who's willing to pay him around 6-8M for 1-2 year deal.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

The greatest disservice Broussard does is his butchering of the English language. Cant stand watching him try to announciate

rather ironic

Can't the Heat only offer the mini-MLE next year? Ray has basically said money is his first priority, there's got to be another contender who's willing to pay him around 6-8M for 1-2 year deal.

I speak fine josh. Without a twang or haveing to resort to use ebonics. Maybe you like blowhards buddy.   :-*

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Enough bickering.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think I can deal with the Heat landing a year-older Ray.  Actually might like them spending their money that way.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
I've stopped listening to him a long time ago. Between all the wrong trade 'rumors', his annoying voice, and his bragging I just had to stop taking him seriously.

The bragging was the worst part for me. When stuff was going down last year with Lebron he was saying "I just got off the phone with Lebron's people..these are people that have been in his life since his childhood, I just got off the phone with them, just texted them, and they say they don't have any idea what's wrong with him." With Dwight Howard this year it was "Dwight JUST texted me saying that he will indeed sign the clause that will guarantee he stays in Orlando through next year." It might be just me but to me all I gather from him is him bragging that he talks and texts a few "special" people.

It's funny that he's referred to as an "NBA Insider"..compare him to other insiders like NFL Insiders Adam Schefter and Chris Mortenson..those two are so much more professional, respected, and don't name drop. It's always "sources say that yadayada" and it's always CORRECT information.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »

Offline myteamisbetterthanyours

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 31
Enough bickering.

Yalls bettah lissen ta Papa now

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 10:38:48 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Hard to tell with Ray Allen. Don't know if we really want him back or if he really cares about coming back after being traded to Memphis for ten minutes.

The Heat can only offer 3 million though. But on a three yr. deal in Miami it might be worth it to him. I hope not. I think he can still be a very good player off the bench for us.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 10:47:14 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
I wish i could pull up the video of him at halftime of his comeback game. He seemed to really appreciate the Boston crowd and insinuated this was his home and where he wanted to be. Cant seem to find it but it certainly gave me a better feeling on his intentions after the season.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 10:47:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Broussard is terrible and I'll be dismissing any and every thing he has to say out of hand from now on.

Until he says a rumor I like, after which I will post it here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

I've never really gotten this impression from Ray.  I'm sure he wants to get paid appropriately (like everyone), but I've never heard any Ray Allen quote and thought "This dude's all about getting every last cent he can."  He's too much of a professional for that.

He may well go somewhere else, but I don't think it'll be for the money.

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Naaah, I don't even bother to pay attention to anything this man says.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Chris Broussard is an idiot.

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »

Offline Josh88

• Joe Mazzulla

I've never really gotten this impression from Ray.  I'm sure he wants to get paid appropriately (like everyone), but I've never heard any Ray Allen quote and thought "This dude's all about getting every last cent he can."  He's too much of a professional for that.

He may well go somewhere else, but I don't think it'll be for the money.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/4/20/2962029/ray-allen-not-sure-about-future-with-celtics

When asked if he'd be willing to take a one year deal at an average salary, he "paused and grimaced" before answering that he wanted more stability for his family and had to be "greedy" for their sakes.

That's the main quote which gave me the impression that money is his top priority over winning, though that's not to say he'd willingly sign with the Bobcats for a 2 year/$20M deal. If another contender offers him a 2 year deal with at least $2M more per year than the C's are willing to pay then I think he's gone.