Author Topic: Red Sox 2012 Season Thread  (Read 12203 times)

Re: Red Sox 2012 Season Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Hopefully they can hold on to this one because it would be a really nice win.

Crawford back and producing.  Adrian Gonzalez with a clutch homer and 4 RBI.  Just hope Papi's OK.  This might be a chance at getting the ball rolling.
Yup

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Cody Ross is on fire!

Excellent win for the Sox.

Nice to see some life.
Yup

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »

Offline All Star Matt Clement

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
yeah glad to see them get some momentum going. hopefully it'll stick. haven't paid much attention to the Sox since their 2007 championship. too many overpaid unmotivated cast of characters since the lovable idiots. glad to see some unsung heroes like Cody Ross contribute and feel good home grown talent this year.

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Awesome game tonight!  Can't wait till Papi is back and the offense is at absolutely full strength.  Ells/CC/Pedroia/Papi/AGon (not to mention Ross, Salty, Middlebrooks, and the immortal Pedro Ciriaco) is going to be absolutely brutal on pitchers. 

The potential returns of Bailey and Bard to the pen could also be a big plus. 

Now we just need Lester and Beckett to get their heads on straight. 

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Now we just need Lester and Beckett to get their heads on straight. 

Lester and Beckett have to go elsewhere. They're never going to man up and get over getting called out for being poopbirds last year. Sever the ties and move on. The Sox need to get some guys who want to pitch for their team.
Yup

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
So much for the "rally around Johnny Pesky" Red Sox

They are a sad team.
Yup

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The season is over. The team needs to clear house in a big way.

Personal pet peeve: they need to clear house not just of lame players but of lame bandwagon fans (not talking about anyone here on cb).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Personal pet peeve: they need to clear house not just of lame players but of lame bandwagon fans (not talking about anyone here on cb).

It is kind of nice to be back to being a loathsome Sox fan again.  ;)  If the shoe fits...
Yup

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are the Red Sox still playing? I had no idea!!!! I was under the impression their season ended months ago.

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

It is kind of nice to be back to being a loathsome Sox fan again.  ;)  If the shoe fits...

Completely agree.
The good old days. When no Boston team was any good.
Funny to think how spoiled we've been this past decade. Seriously, very spoiled.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 09:59:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Are the Red Sox still playing? I had no idea!!!! I was under the impression their season ended months ago.

I think they officially waved the white flag when they traded away Kelly Shoppach.  :-\ Apparently the trade deadline acquisition of middle reliever Craig Breslow wasn't quite the spark the team needed.
Yup

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 10:00:34 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I hate this team. 

This version is really giving the '01 team a run for their money as "least likeable" Red Sox team of the past 30 years.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
So now apparently Aceves is a bit perturbed because Bobby gave the ball to Bailey to close out Saturday's game.  The Sox suspended him for 3 games for "behavior detrimental to the team".  The job should absolutely be Bailey's.  They traded for the guy, and he's healthy now.  Aceves is a useful guy but he blew some god awful games, including Friday where he gave up the lead in the 9th, then watched the Sox tied in the bottom of the 9th, only to go back out there and lose the game in the 10th.  There are any number of guys who had a chance to step of this team all season, and no one has.  Maybe Big Papi.

It's been difficult to see.  I think they did an excellent job cleaning house today. 
Yup

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
So now apparently Aceves is a bit perturbed because Bobby gave the ball to Bailey to close out Saturday's game.  The Sox suspended him for 3 games for "behavior detrimental to the team".  The job should absolutely be Bailey's.  They traded for the guy, and he's healthy now.  Aceves is a useful guy but he blew some god awful games, including Friday where he gave up the lead in the 9th, then watched the Sox tied in the bottom of the 9th, only to go back out there and lose the game in the 10th.  There are any number of guys who had a chance to step of this team all season, and no one has.  Maybe Big Papi.

It's been difficult to see.  I think they did an excellent job cleaning house today.

Yeah this year has been incredibly disappointing in terms of leadership and timely performances.  Crawford just can't stay healthy, Gonzalez is a big sissy, and we all know about Beckett.  I think Bobby V will be back next year and I think its awesome that management basically chose Bobby V over Gonzalez for next season.
do it

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yeah this year has been incredibly disappointing in terms of leadership and timely performances.  Crawford just can't stay healthy, Gonzalez is a big sissy, and we all know about Beckett.  I think Bobby V will be back next year and I think its awesome that management basically chose Bobby V over Gonzalez for next season.
Nothing like doubling down on the bad hire....

Strange trade.