Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Hawks (1-0) Game 2 5/1  (Read 121994 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Hawks (1-0) Game 2 5/1
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
come on win this...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 08:19:52 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
we are winning this game on defense.  if I was a gambling man I'd take the under tonight.

i don't think this lineup takes too much off the table defensively.  should be interesting.

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Ed Malloy officiating tonight. Part of crew that ejected KG in 2010 and Pierce last year.

He is the king of double techs. Let's see the first pair he hands out and how early. Im guessing KG and Ivan Johnson in second quarter. Then a bonus Bass J Smith one in the 3rd

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 10:08:22 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Rebound.  Rebound.  Rebound.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This.

Oh and hit a couple of threes.

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Let's go Celtics!

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
My daughter has a stomach bug and I got poop all over my favourite C's t-shirt a while ago .. surely that's good luck, isn't it?  :P

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 04:15:58 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Man, I am so nerves.
I can’t imagine how the payers feel.

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report

Scott Foster

A veteran official of 17 NBA seasons, Scott Foster has worked 1,074 regular season and 80 playoff games, including seven Finals games during his career. He was a

member of the crew that officiated the 1996 Europe Tour in Berlin, Germany and Seville, Spain. In addition to his NBA experience, Foster has two years of CBA officiating experience, two years of collegiate officiating experience and six years of high school officiating experience in Maryland. Prior to becoming an official, Foster modeled for department store mannequin mold makers. He came into the public eye as the best friend of former referee Tim Donaghy. In his book, Donaghy describes Foster as a very honest and good guy who knew nothing of his gambling. However, recently Donaghy described Foster as a company man who will do what is asked of him to keep his seniority among refs. Foster was also part of the 2010 Finals game 7 officiating crew that called the final quarter completely different than the first 3 quarters and very one sided for the Lakers with 21 free throws for the Lakers and 6 for the Celtics in the final 12 minutes. The Celtics are 3-2 this season and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Foster on the court. In the OT win over the Knicks, NY shot 26 free throws to 22 for the Celtics. In the first loss, at New Orleans, the Celtics shot 18 free throws to 25 for the Hornets. The second loss, at Denver, was horribly officiated. At the end of 3 quarters, the Nuggets had 22 free throws to 5 for the Celtics. They ignored fouls against the Celtics all game but at the same time, called them for ticky tack and non-existent fouls. For the game, the Nuggets shot 31 free throws to 17 for the Celtics. The 4th game was against Miami and was called evenly with the Celtics shooting 25 free throws to 27 for the Heat. The final game was a win over the Bucks where they shot 23 free throws to 11 for the Celtics. The Hawks are 2-0 this season and 6-4 with Foster in their last 10 games. His home W/L record this season is 30-21. Foster as a lead ref makes me nervous.

Ed Malloy

Malloy has officiated 577 regular season NBA games and 22 playoff games over the past nine seasons. He officiated his first two Finals games during the 2010-11 season. Prior to joining the NBA, Malloy officiated for one season in the

NBA D-League, three seasons in the CBA and three seasons in the WNBA. He worked the 2002 DLeague Finals and the 2001 CBA Finals. In 2003, when Doc was with Orlando, Malloy called a technical foul on Andrew DeClercq for staring. Doc called it one of the worst calls he ever saw (boy has he seen a lot worse since then!)and he said that he felt that Malloy had been intimidated all night. Fast forward to the Celtics game in Utah last season when Malloy, no longer intimidated, called 2 quick technicals on Doc and ejected him. Here is Doc's version of those calls.

"I just told Ed [Malloy], please keep officiating the game," said Rivers. "That’s all I said. I thought the play before [the technical] was a clear travel in front of him. So I just said, ‘Hey Ed, it’d be nice if you’d keep officiating throughout.’ He gave me a tech. Then I said, ‘That’s the best call you’ve made all night.’ Usually, it’s nice to earn them, but [Monday's technicals were] another bad call."

Malloy was also on the crew that officiated game 1 of the Miami series in the 2010 playoffs where 5 technicals were called and Kevin Garnett was ejected. He also ejected Paul Pierce from game 1 of the 2011 semifinals vs the Heat. You would think he'd get over it already! This is the Celtics third game with Malloy this season. The first was a loss in Dallas where the Mavs shot 14 free throws to 11 for the Celtics. The second was a win in NJ where the Nets shot 28 free throws to 17 for the Celtics. The Celtics are 7-3 in their last 10 games with Malloy as an official. The Hawks are 2-1 this season and 5-5 over their last 10 games with Malloy as a ref. Malloy is also one of the refs who called the first Knicks/Heat game and made that horrible flagrant foul called on Chandler for the screen he set on LeBaby. He is a homer ref with a home W/L record of 31-17.

Scott Wall

The son of former USA Basketball Director Bill Wall, Scott Wall has officiated

908 regular season games and five playoff games over his past 16 NBA seasons. In addition to his NBA experience, Wall has four years of officiating experience for

USA Basketball, four years of collegiate officiating experience in the Atlantic Coast, Ohio Valley, and Trans America Athletic Conferences, and five years of high school officiating experience in Kansas and Alabama. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida. The Celtics are 1-2 this season and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Wall. In the two losses the Celtics shot 25 free throws to 34 for their opponents. In the loss to the Cavs, the Celtics were down 1 with the ball and they refused to call a very obvious foul against Paul Pierce. In the win vs the Heat The Celtics shot 22 free throws to 17 for the Heat. The Hawks are 2-3 this season and 3-7 in their last 10 games with Wall on the court. His home W/L record this season is 28-14

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Rebound.  Rebound.  Rebound.
This.

Oh and hit a couple of threes.

A thought I just had, and it's so unthought out that I didn't feel like making a whole thread of it -

I wonder if Doc would consider going big at all tonight, with Bass playing the 3.

Obviously, I'm not fan of 'trying things out' in the playoffs but I think I'd prefer to see how this experiment would play out as opposed to extending Marquis and Sasha's minutes significantly.

Range on Bass, Stiemsma and KG should be enough to keep the floor from shrinking too much, and it could create some interesting options for us defensively.

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 04:54:20 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Take over the game Captain. You are needed more than any other night with Rondo out.

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112

April fools joke? Celtics cant rebound, even if 3 of them go for the ball.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Need a better team effort tonight. C's were sloppy on both ends of the court - bad rotations, bad spacing in the 1st half on Sunday.

They got this! They want this bad!

Lets go Celtics! Lets go Celtics! clap clap.. clap clap clap!

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 05:20:51 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I know what this thread is missing!

Celtics! Hoorah!
Celtics! Hoorah!
Celtics! Hoorah!

UNBUTU!

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I know what this thread is missing!

Celtics! Hoorah!
Celtics! Hoorah!
Celtics! Hoorah!

UNBUTU!

TP, even though hearing this saddens me as I immediately think of Perk's hulking physique being in those pregame tunnel huddles.

Lets do this!