Author Topic: Celtics need to trade Rondo this summer  (Read 84137 times)

Re: Celtics need to trade Rondo this summer
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
Good thing fans arent GM's.

This team would be a lottery team every single year because fans love trading away talent for lesser talent, based off this thread.

Rondo for Harden.

Rondo for a bag of chips and a soda.

Rondo for a couple of picks.

Get real people.

Last time I checked Danny only tried to trade Rondo for Chris Paul.

That means if he isnt getting a superstar back in return he aint trading him. Rondos here to stay so just get used to his antics and his attitude.

By the way, did you watch the Hawks game 2? Thats what our team looks like without Rondo. Horrible.
Whats your plan for a big man?

I dont have a plan, thats not my job its Dannys.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rondo and Westbrook wouldn't work, both need the ball too much and while Westbrook's mid ranged shot has improved it'd cause serious spacing issues.

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2012, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't think Rondo is going anywhere.   Bradley and Rondo looked like the backcourt of the future.   Get them some bigs who can run and go with it.

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2012, 05:47:39 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

This team would be a lottery team every single year because fans love trading away talent for lesser talent, based off this thread.

Rondo for Harden.

Get real people.

That means if he isnt getting a superstar back in return he aint trading him. Rondos here to stay so just get used to his antics and his attitude.

By the way, did you watch the Hawks game 2? Thats what our team looks like without Rondo. Horrible.

First off i was under the impression this thread was all hypothetical.. I love Rondo and appreciate his contributions to our organization. But is it wrong to float around ideas just for fun? I say no..

And yes i did watch the last Hawks game. And last i checked we won in spite of the fact our starting PG put himself above the team and was suspended. So relaxe, just because there are view points on this blog of posters who would be ok with moving Rondo doesn't mean we dont like or appreciate the kid and what he's done for the team.

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13

Rondo for Harden.

Get real people.

A little imagination will not hurt you dude.  Half the fun of being a fan man.  We are not getting out of the east shooting jump shots.  Danny must get a low post threat and of course that is his job.  

« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Rondo and Westbrook wouldn't work, both need the ball too much and while Westbrook's mid ranged shot has improved it'd cause serious spacing issues.

Not to mention OKC is very proud of their draft picks and their guys. I know they traded Green, but it was obvious he wanted more money then they felt he was worth and wanted to commit to him. They saw him as a starter on their team who should really be a six man.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
I'd trade him to OKC for Harden and a couple of unprotected firsts. He'd be happy to be reunited with Perk so we do the kid a solid. Westbrook can finally move over to his more natural position of shooting guard and keep jacking them up and Rondo can be the conductor of a very potent offensive attack. Not to mention OKC can't re-sign both Ibaka and Harden. One of them has to go. My money is they keep the big. At least that's the traditional GM move.

We get a premier upcoming SG in Harden in a league where they are few and far between seemingly. He can slide right in and start instead of haveing to come off the bench because let's face it ray ray is off to greener pastures after this year. And we sign Goran Dragic who's an unrestricted free agent this offseason. Kid plays with fire can light it up in numerous ways he just needs a starting gig permanently. Someone's gonna grab him i personally wish it was the C's. Those two with our young core and picks would be a great. We move Avery Bradley while his stock is high and i bet we can get a very good offer.

Good locker room guys. Very young and talented. The PG and SG spot would be set for years. We could focus our energies on finding the core bigs from that spot going forward. And dangling AB would certainly help in our search obviously.
If we were to do this trade, we would assure an OKC dynasty for the next decade. No championships for the Celtics any time soon, despite having a great player in Harden.

They would certainly be a champion type team on paper. Who knows however if they could make it work in real life. Durant would certainly need to up his leadership role or risk losing the team to Rondo. Which wouldn't neccesarily be a good thing. Also we would only meet these guys in the regular season or title games. That means headaches for our good buddies over there in la la land. Sign me up!

We would have a ton of cap space to sign free agents. Jeff Green would be back as our sixth man or starter depending on Pierce's moves this offseason. That leaves us really with holes at the center and PF spot. Asssuming of course Garnett leaves. That's not an awful spot to be in from a complete rebuild and retool position in my eyes. It certainly wouldnt be easy to fill those spots bigs are a hot commodity in the league but with a solid core i could see us getting some luck in the free agent department.

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I normally criticize Rondo alot, but I don't agree with this post at all
I understand if you want Rondo to be traded, but to be traded cause of this incident makes no sense

Rondo played the best out of everyone in Game 1, and the reason the Celtics were still in the game. Since when is an ejection mean you aren't a leader and are too immature? Based on this era's rules, Kevin Mchale would be thrown out and suspended for knocking down Kurt Rambis. So Mchale needed to be traded because of that flagrant foul? Sorry it doesn't make sense
TP. That very flagrant tipped the series in favor of the Celtics. We won the championship because of that foul.

I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112

Rondo for Harden.

Get real people.

A little imagination will not hurt you dude.  Half the fun of being a fan man.  We are not getting out of the east shooting jump shots.  Danny must get a low post threat and of course that is his job.  

Actually we ARE getting out of the east.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

I tend to disagree. I think there's a serious issue on that team of who the alpha dog is. Durant or westbrook? Rondo's presence relieves this problem because it takes the ball out of westbrooks hands all the time and adds more flow to their offensive system. There's a lot of pressure on him now because if he doesnt pass to Durant he's always questioned in the media. He's a natural scorer and i dont see them being able to coexist long term. It's essentially the problem KG ran into early in his career with Marbury. Obviously on a different level but somewhat similar.

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
I'd trade him to OKC for Harden and a couple of unprotected firsts. He'd be happy to be reunited with Perk so we do the kid a solid. Westbrook can finally move over to his more natural position of shooting guard and keep jacking them up and Rondo can be the conductor of a very potent offensive attack. Not to mention OKC can't re-sign both Ibaka and Harden. One of them has to go. My money is they keep the big. At least that's the traditional GM move.

We get a premier upcoming SG in Harden in a league where they are few and far between seemingly. He can slide right in and start instead of haveing to come off the bench because let's face it ray ray is off to greener pastures after this year. And we sign Goran Dragic who's an unrestricted free agent this offseason. Kid plays with fire can light it up in numerous ways he just needs a starting gig permanently. Someone's gonna grab him i personally wish it was the C's. Those two with our young core and picks would be a great. We move Avery Bradley while his stock is high and i bet we can get a very good offer.

Good locker room guys. Very young and talented. The PG and SG spot would be set for years. We could focus our energies on finding the core bigs from that spot going forward. And dangling AB would certainly help in our search obviously.
If we were to do this trade, we would assure an OKC dynasty for the next decade. No championships for the Celtics any time soon, despite having a great player in Harden.

They would certainly be a champion type team on paper. Who knows however if they could make it work in real life. Durant would certainly need to up his leadership role or risk losing the team to Rondo. Which wouldn't neccesarily be a good thing. Also we would only meet these guys in the regular season or title games. That means headaches for our good buddies over there in la la land. Sign me up!

We would have a ton of cap space to sign free agents. Jeff Green would be back as our sixth man or starter depending on Pierce's moves this offseason. That leaves us really with holes at the center and PF spot. Asssuming of course Garnett leaves. That's not an awful spot to be in from a complete rebuild and retool position in my eyes. It certainly wouldnt be easy to fill those spots bigs are a hot commodity in the league but with a solid core i could see us getting some luck in the free agent department.

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett

You check the free agent list?  No magic bullets there.  Danny will be trading this summer. 

« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I am on record as a pro-Rondo guy and I just think moving Rondo, a true PG, is a big, big mistake.

Rondo is a pure PG, not a scoring PG and that has appeal.

The Celtics will not be able to get equal value for him so why try and move him?

In addition, the Celtics have 2 firsts. I would much rather they package the 2 picks, move up 3 or 4 spots, get a quality scorer and have a back court starting with Rondo, Bradley, a re-signed Ray Allen and the draft pick.

Moving Rondo for pennies on the dollar is just not a smart move.

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
I understand if you want Rondo to be traded, but to be traded cause of this incident makes no sense

Rondo played the best out of everyone in Game 1, and the reason the Celtics were still in the game. Since when is an ejection mean you aren't a leader and are too immature? Based on this era's rules, Kevin Mchale would be thrown out and suspended for knocking down Kurt Rambis. So Mchale needed to be traded because of that flagrant foul? Sorry it doesn't make sense
TP. That very flagrant tipped the series in favor of the Celtics. We won the championship because of that foul.

Kevin Mchale didnt have a history like Rondo does. 2nd time this year Rondo gotten tossed. That's the way this guy is. Totally different situation. The whole team knew in 1984 that a Laker had to go down after the game 3 debacle. It was just a matter of who and when in that game. The Celtics didnt need Rondo to get tossed putting his team in jeopardy the other night. That was as selfish as it gets.  For the record I agree that trading Rondo might be ok as long as we get equal value back.  What is that ? I'm not really sure, I need to see what's on the table.  And if you don't think Danny's exploring then your not paying attention.  I'm worried he's gonna be a major distraction in the post big 3 era. Espically if we strike out in free agency and next year and we struggle. Is Rondo going to be out of sorts if we lose 9 out of 11 in stretch next year? I dont know,  but I think he needs to work on his issues in order to be the most effective he can be. The player we all think he can be.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

Kevin Mchale didnt have a history like Rondo does. 2nd time this year Rondo gotten tossed. That's the way this guy is. Totally different situation. The whole team knew in 1984 that a Laker had to go down after the game 3 debacle. It was just a matter of who and when in that game. The Celtics didnt need Rondo to get tossed putting his team in jeopardy the other night. That was as selfish as it gets.  For the record I agree that trading Rondo might be ok as long as we get equal value back.  What is that ? I'm not really sure, I need to see what's on the table.  And if you don't think Danny's exploring then your not paying attention.  I'm worried he's gonna be a major distraction in the post big 3 era. Espically if we strike out in free agency and next year and we struggle. Is Rondo going to be out of sorts if we lose 9 out of 11 in stretch next year? I dont know,  but I think he needs to work on his issues in order to be the most effective he can be. The player we all think he can be.

Thank you for putting the image of my personal #2 favorite forumn moment in history, besides the famous balloon game in my mind.  Simply Stirring. Gotta love the greats.

TP, to you sir.