Author Topic: Celtics need to trade Rondo this summer  (Read 83550 times)

Re: Celtics need to trade Rondo this summer
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:50 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I normally criticize Rondo alot, but I don't agree with this post at all
I understand if you want Rondo to be traded, but to be traded cause of this incident makes no sense

Rondo played the best out of everyone in Game 1, and the reason the Celtics were still in the game. Since when is an ejection mean you aren't a leader and are too immature? Based on this era's rules, Kevin Mchale would be thrown out and suspended for knocking down Kurt Rambis. So Mchale needed to be traded because of that flagrant foul? Sorry it doesn't make sense

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Trade him for what?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2012, 01:35:53 AM »

Offline GDAbraham

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Much rather have someone who's that passionate and steps over the line in a minor way once in a while than a loose cannon (Metta World Peace) or someone who doesn't care enough (the Wizards last couple years) or someone who is really accepting of everything and wants to be everyone's best friend (Dwight).

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Can't believe we didn't trade KG after his elbow against Miami in the 2010 playoffs.

KG too immature to be a leader on this team.  ;)

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Trade him for what?

That really is the definitive response.  As it should be in the case of any vague statement of X should be traded.  It all comes down to what you are getting back.

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
How about Milsap and a couple of future unprotected firsts?  Jazz in desperate need of a PG, have 4 guys at the 4/5 spots, and aren't a candidate for a S+T with the Nets.

Not advocating it, just looking a possible trade and a trade partner with a major PG need and a plausible deal IF we're going to nuke the team and  rebuild. Others would be Portland and Indy. A lot of ifs here.

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
He is far too immature and emotional to take this team where it needs to go in the post big 3 era.  He is incredibly talented, but his attitude will always hold him back.  He can't be the man on a title or team and I question whether he can really even be the 2nd or 3rd man on a title team, because he just isn't reliable or consistent as a result of the attitude.  I've had these concerns for awhile, but last night really crystalized it for me.  You can't get a technical in that spot, nonetheless two technicals, an ejection, and a likely a suspension.  It is unacceptable and should never be tolerated.  But that is just Rondo.  It is the way he always is and the way he will always be.  The emotion certainly is beneficial at times, but it is a negative far too often.  It is time to move on from Rajon Rondo and his attitude.

Shorter version:  we need to completely overreact and trade our most talented player who is a championship-caliber PG for quarters on the dollar because he gets some technical fouls.

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
How about Milsap and a couple of future unprotected firsts?  Jazz in desperate need of a PG, have 4 guys at the 4/5 spots, and aren't a candidate for a S+T with the Nets.

Not advocating it, just looking a possible trade and a trade partner with a major PG need and a plausible deal IF we're going to nuke the team and  rebuild. Others would be Portland and Indy. A lot of ifs here.

Why would you trade a superstar point guard for an undersized fringe all-star PF?
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'd trade him to OKC for Harden and a couple of unprotected firsts. He'd be happy to be reunited with Perk so we do the kid a solid. Westbrook can finally move over to his more natural position of shooting guard and keep jacking them up and Rondo can be the conductor of a very potent offensive attack. Not to mention OKC can't re-sign both Ibaka and Harden. One of them has to go. My money is they keep the big. At least that's the traditional GM move.

We get a premier upcoming SG in Harden in a league where they are few and far between seemingly. He can slide right in and start instead of haveing to come off the bench because let's face it ray ray is off to greener pastures after this year. And we sign Goran Dragic who's an unrestricted free agent this offseason. Kid plays with fire can light it up in numerous ways he just needs a starting gig permanently. Someone's gonna grab him i personally wish it was the C's. Those two with our young core and picks would be a great. We move Avery Bradley while his stock is high and i bet we can get a very good offer.

Good locker room guys. Very young and talented. The PG and SG spot would be set for years. We could focus our energies on finding the core bigs from that spot going forward. And dangling AB would certainly help in our search obviously.

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2012, 05:33:11 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13

Nay on Milsap.  Give me Al Jefferson and a first and I would let Rondo go.  We need low post scoring more than anything.  Utah has the young bigs ready to replace Al and we go nowhere until we get another big.  Who else is out there?  I think Avery Bradley could grow into a great point guard in time.  Love Rondo but sometimes he holds on to the ball to much and it seems Pierce plays better without him at times.  I really miss Big Al.

« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
Good thing fans arent GM's.

This team would be a lottery team every single year because fans love trading away talent for lesser talent, based off this thread.

Rondo for Harden.

Rondo for a bag of chips and a soda.

Rondo for a couple of picks.

Get real people.

Last time I checked Danny only tried to trade Rondo for Chris Paul.

That means if he isnt getting a superstar back in return he aint trading him. Rondos here to stay so just get used to his antics and his attitude.

By the way, did you watch the Hawks game 2? Thats what our team looks like without Rondo. Horrible.

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I'd trade him to OKC for Harden and a couple of unprotected firsts. He'd be happy to be reunited with Perk so we do the kid a solid. Westbrook can finally move over to his more natural position of shooting guard and keep jacking them up and Rondo can be the conductor of a very potent offensive attack. Not to mention OKC can't re-sign both Ibaka and Harden. One of them has to go. My money is they keep the big. At least that's the traditional GM move.

We get a premier upcoming SG in Harden in a league where they are few and far between seemingly. He can slide right in and start instead of haveing to come off the bench because let's face it ray ray is off to greener pastures after this year. And we sign Goran Dragic who's an unrestricted free agent this offseason. Kid plays with fire can light it up in numerous ways he just needs a starting gig permanently. Someone's gonna grab him i personally wish it was the C's. Those two with our young core and picks would be a great. We move Avery Bradley while his stock is high and i bet we can get a very good offer.

Good locker room guys. Very young and talented. The PG and SG spot would be set for years. We could focus our energies on finding the core bigs from that spot going forward. And dangling AB would certainly help in our search obviously.
If we were to do this trade, we would assure an OKC dynasty for the next decade. No championships for the Celtics any time soon, despite having a great player in Harden.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Good thing fans arent GM's.

This team would be a lottery team every single year because fans love trading away talent for lesser talent, based off this thread.

Rondo for Harden.

Rondo for a bag of chips and a soda.

Rondo for a couple of picks.

Get real people.

Last time I checked Danny only tried to trade Rondo for Chris Paul.

That means if he isnt getting a superstar back in return he aint trading him. Rondos here to stay so just get used to his antics and his attitude.

By the way, did you watch the Hawks game 2? Thats what our team looks like without Rondo. Horrible.
Whats your plan for a big man?

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton

So you want to trade Rondo and Bradley...and build around Harden instead?

That makes no sense im sorry. Why not just build around Rondo and Bradley?

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

If we were to do this trade, we would assure an OKC dynasty for the next decade. No championships for the Celtics any time soon, despite having a great player in Harden.

Yes, a Rondo-Westbrook backcourt would be scary, to say the least. And they would still have that guy named Kevin Durant.