Author Topic: No one is beating the Heat  (Read 14417 times)

Re: No one is beating the Heat
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Lebron and the Heat didn't get overblown calls in last year's Finals.

Maybe Lebron didn't flop enough, that's why the Mavs won?

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Lebron and the Heat didn't get overblown calls in last year's Finals.

Maybe Lebron didn't flop enough, that's why the Mavs won?

The heat shot lights out from outside against us last year but missed those same shots in the finals. That's why the mavs won. I would bet on Wade and James will never consistently hitting long range shots for an entire series again.

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
I don't know how Bradley or any other player can limit Wade defensively, especially when he settles into his groove. He is practically a player that can play 1-on-5 (although you have got to say this is hardly efficient at all), so, I can't see him getting bothered by Bradley that much.
I'll just leave this right here:

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ok ....I think their name should be change to the

" Miami FLOP"

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Looks like a lot of people missed the original post stating that "IF" the heat get those kind of calls no one will beat them.

Does anyone really think that with the way they were officiated yesterday that anyone can compete?

Lebron and Wade are extremely tough to defend on their own but if refs won't let you guard them either without it being a foul than teams will be in trouble.

Lebron and Wade looked better and better the more calls they were getting yesterday because the Knicks weren't allowed to play defense on them. The Knicks basically laid off them completely or else the entire team was going to foul out.

I think the Heat can be beaten regardless of the calls.  I mentioned this earlier, but what happened to the Knicks yesterday is they let the calls and the flops frustrate them and they allowed the Heat and the refs to take them out of the game.

It will definitely take a team with more poise than the Knicks showed yesterday to beat them.  I'm a firm believer that if you play through the calls and the tough breaks, eventually they start to go your way. 

Most games are not decided by the officials, and contrary to popular opinion, that includes games against the Miami Heat.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I don't know how Bradley or any other player can limit Wade defensively, especially when he settles into his groove. He is practically a player that can play 1-on-5 (although you have got to say this is hardly efficient at all), so, I can't see him getting bothered by Bradley that much.

I just prefer not to base my opinions on single possessions.
That would mean Roy Hibbert is a terrible defensive player as Durant posterized him this season. Or Timofey Mozgov. Or Serge Ibaka.
Just as in those cases, that's just a weak-side block from an unknown kid for Wade. It's not as if he would allow Bradley to do it over and over again.
On the other hand, Wade scoring 30 over Bradley won't automatically make him an awful defender in my eyes, either. I'm trying to see the whole picture.

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
you have to remember NY is a bad team... miami is very beatable as their track record shows. have some faith in the celtics or just get off CB
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
The 2 Celtic wins in April showed how a good team can turn down the Heat.

Going into the playoffs, MIA bench to speak of, an undersized front court, no team offense (2 years in and Wade/Libby are still taking turns), and no proof that Bron can rise up when the chips are down.  DW/LB have to be volume scorers to win. They can do that in the regular season, shred teams, but not deep in the playoffs, where the pace slows down and the level of of play goes up.   Boston, Chi, & Indiana have varying abilities to put the air brakes on. Before yesterday, would have said NY as well.

Ummm did you watch the Heat last year in the playoffs?
They contradicted much of what you've stated. In fact almost all of it. Lebron crushed everyone until the finals. But he played 3 playoff series before that.

Lebron crushes when his team gets out front and the opponent is back on their heels, as they did vs NC Saturday and the Celtics in last years playoffs. Play 'em close so they arent in the open court and they loose their edge. Get them in the hole and its Find Waldo. As happened in April vs the Green.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney

I prefer not to base my opinions on single possessions.
Granted but its indicative of what can happen when Wade dosnt get his way. The HEAT are tough to catch if they get out front, MIA coming from behind.  Particularly Libby, who has yet to show he can do a Jordan.

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Looks like a lot of people missed the original post stating that "IF" the heat get those kind of calls no one will beat them.

Does anyone really think that with the way they were officiated yesterday that anyone can compete?

Lebron and Wade are extremely tough to defend on their own but if refs won't let you guard them either without it being a foul than teams will be in trouble.

Lebron and Wade looked better and better the more calls they were getting yesterday because the Knicks weren't allowed to play defense on them. The Knicks basically laid off them completely or else the entire team was going to foul out.

Yes a lot of people missed my point entirely.

Oh well. I'm glad there is so much confidence in our C's...ever since the start of the season the team's been thought of as almost an after-thought just because of the age and contract factors of our Big 3.

This team still has it's core and still has a ton of pride and I think they have plenty of gas left in the tank for another run.

I just hope the officiating is somewhat objective.

I think if it had been slightly more objective we would have had a 2nd banner and playing for a 3rd this year.

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 05:32:35 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Fortunately for us the Knicks do not play defense and it's radical to compare what the Heat can do to them to what they can do to us.

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
its not just that one posession though, wade was not effective those 2 games and I think you can credit bradleys defense for that.

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I think the Heat can be beaten regardless of the calls.  I mentioned this earlier, but what happened to the Knicks yesterday is they let the calls and the flops frustrate them and they allowed the Heat and the refs to take them out of the game.

It will definitely take a team with more poise than the Knicks showed yesterday to beat them.  I'm a firm believer that if you play through the calls and the tough breaks, eventually they start to go your way. 

Most games are not decided by the officials, and contrary to popular opinion, that includes games against the Miami Heat.

Yeah that's definitely the politically correct way of looking at it. I'm sure Mike Woodson fed the BS to the media and to his team. Privately I think they all know that they got hosed. It wasn't the Heat flopping that took them out of the game it was the refs calling flops and literally getting every knick in foul trouble. When you are in that kind of foul trouble it makes it harder to play offensively and defensively because you are walking on egg shells.

There's a reason why everyone was talking about the officiating yesterday. It's not something brought up out of no where.

I don't even understand the bold statement. Unless you think a guy like Avery Bradely will get the same kinda calls as Wade or Lebron than it doesn't really make sense.

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney

Worry worry worry, as Mr King says. Let's play the games.

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2012, 04:54:58 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Someone needs to goon Lebron after that flopping display.

Dan Gad I'm looking at you. Hack the bone.

LOL!! But seriously, does need to teach him some type of lesson and foul him like its the 80s

I was 100% serious.

Gadzooks, get out of that suit, into that uniform, and start flailing elbows.

All the MSG team need to do is throw him a cool 300k under the table for his good work.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?