Author Topic: Why is Rose playing with the game decided? (ACL torn)  (Read 21106 times)

Re: Why is Rose playing with the game decided? (ACL torn)
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Rose is probably my least favorite player in the NBA, but I still wish him a full recovery...in a couple months.

Derrick Rose is likable superstar. Do you hate his game? or Derrick Rose the man?

I honestly don't know. Ever since I first saw him play, I just disliked him. I don't like the Bulls as a whole, either, although I'm fond of Thibs.

D. Rose is breath of fresh in the NBA where selfish egotistical players rule the day. Rose is genuinely nice guy. A Humble kid in all sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-BK1DKn73s

Re: Why is Rose playing with the game decided?
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My wife's immediate reaction to the Rose play, "femur got over the knee, looks just like every blown ACL I've seen in person".

Is your wife a doctor or something?  
No she played woman's basketball through high school and saw I think 5 or 6 blown ACLs while she played.

Women tear their knees up far more often than male athletes.
Crazy.  I didn't know that.

TP for your troubles

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Rose is probably my least favorite player in the NBA, but I still wish him a full recovery...in a couple months.

Derrick Rose is likable superstar. Do you hate his game? or Derrick Rose the man?

I honestly don't know. Ever since I first saw him play, I just disliked him. I don't like the Bulls as a whole, either, although I'm fond of Thibs.

I get it.  I'm a Rose fan, but I've never really liked Kevin Durant, which I realize is even more unacceptable for an NBA fan. 

Of course, it's nothing personal.  I have no reason to dislike Kevin Durant, the person.  Everyone talks about what a great guy he is, and I'm sure it's true.  I just don't root for him.  I think the fact that he's everyone's darling adds to my dislike of him.

I can empathize with your dislike of Derrick Rose. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
The Bulls are no pushover, even without Rose. They've beaten some of the top teams in the league with C.J. Watson at the 1. In theory, they should be easier to beat...but I am not so sure. Their bigs + their defense can keep them in games with anybody.

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
They beat us without Rose, didn't they?
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112

Can they beat us 4 out of 7 times that is the question, every team can beat any other team in a single game during the regular season, but the better team always wins in a 7 game series, the Bulls are not a contender without Rose and they shouldnt be able to beat the Celtics in a 7 game series, considering we also have the 3 best players in the series.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2012, 08:54:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

playoffs≠regular season.

Celtics stars will crush Bulls role players.

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Rose does play like an idiot kinda though. Why is he attacking the the basket bullying his way through when they are up like that.

One of the underrated things that Rondo does is playing when he is banged up. Doesn't overexert himself, plays within his injury

I totally agree. Rose goes full speed on EVERY stinkin play and thats dangerous. But I think thats the problem with him. He relies too much on his athleticism to score points. If he'd just play smarter, he'd be injured alot less

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:44 PM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Why is he still playing? Maybe because he loves the game, loves playing, wants to spend every minute on the court? It's preferable to someone who's happy to sit on the bench and collect MLE money for 10 ineffective minutes a game.

Quote from: CelticG1 link=topic=55473.msg1194715#msg1194715
date=1335643730
Rose does play like an idiot kinda though. Why is he attacking the the basket bullying his way through when they are up like that.

That's his style of play, and he's the kind of guy who puts in 100% effort. Most fans criticize players who're coasting - now one player doesn't, and everybody jumps on him?

I will say unabashedly that I love this injury!..

I do not.  I will not delight in the misery of a fellow human being.

He's a multi, multi millionaire. There are literally billions of people in much more need of your sympathy...

Dude - would you not want people to feel sorry for you if you tore your ACL? Because at that point there are bound to be billions of others much more in need of our sympathy.

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
SAy it again,  Rose might be a better individual player, but that teams runs on DENG power.  When Deng or Noah are out the Bull are beatable and they get beat .  Rose is just the cherry on the pie.  Deng and Noah are getting every off. and Def.
rebound, every miss a putback, on the floor for every loose ball,  running the court on every play.... it just kills everybody...its like having TWO younger KG;s !!!!  Its our old KG against their ever ready bunnies of Deng and Noah.

I only see Chicago as slightly less dangereous without Rose.  They did fine without him. ANd now they have RIP shooting lights out too...

Still think as LONG as DENG and NOAH are FULL SPEED they can beat the HEAT.

Without SHUMP ...the Knicks are "SOL"

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
This is what I respect about Rondo, he plays within himself and knows what his body can handle, Rose plays out of control, doing insane acrobatics when the game was already in hand....Rondo would just pass the ball or shoot a jumper, he knows what his body can and cant handle.
Rondo gets out of control a lot too. His most recent injury is testament to that. The guy who doesn't is Westbrook.

I think a lot of this have seen this coming for Rose for a while now and it's really too bad. I don't think Rose is ever going to be the same. I don't think he knows how to change his game and his body can't handle his style of play. He'll be battling injuries for the rest of his career.

It would've meant more to beat Rose (assuming we beat the Hawks and the Bulls beat the Sixers) and I think we would've had a shot. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the guy. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up in the greats players of the 10s discussions a decade down the line.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Deng.  And noah are goid...but better than robdo,pierce,kg, allen?  I don't see it in a 7 game series

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
I'm really angry about what happened to Rose. I don't care what anyone thinks. I blame the coach for this. Rose should not have been out there. This guy has had all kinds of injuries and hasn't looked healthy since he came back from his lengthy period of injury.

Let's say what really happened tonight. Derrick Rose was close to a triple double, and, perhaps for mental reasons -- just the need to get that confidence in himself and his game, he either convinced the coach to let him go for it, or maybe the coach himself wanted Rose to get the triple double. Rose should not have been out there any longer. The game was over. I mean, some can say that maybe Rose would have been pulled in the next 10 seconds, or the next 24 seconds, and the coach couldn't possibly have foreseen Rose getting hurt when he did, but the simple fact of the matter is that the coach should have taken an extreme amount of caution with a player as important as Rose, with as many injuries as Rose has been having.

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
This is what I respect about Rondo, he plays within himself and knows what his body can handle, Rose plays out of control, doing insane acrobatics when the game was already in hand....Rondo would just pass the ball or shoot a jumper, he knows what his body can and cant handle.
Rondo gets out of control a lot too. His most recent injury is testament to that. The guy who doesn't is Westbrook.

I think a lot of this have seen this coming for Rose for a while now and it's really too bad. I don't think Rose is ever going to be the same. I don't think he knows how to change his game and his body can't handle his style of play. He'll be battling injuries for the rest of his career.

It would've meant more to beat Rose (assuming we beat the Hawks and the Bulls beat the Sixers) and I think we would've had a shot. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the guy. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up in the greats players of the 10s discussions a decade down the line.

Rose definately will most likely never be the same. Look at KG, he relied alot on his athleticism and he was never the same after his knee injury, and it was just bone spurs! It wasnt even a serious injury like an ACL tear, just an injury that required surgery and that alone sapped him of a ton of his athletcism.

Rose relies HEAVILY on his body control and athleticism to score, ACL injuries take at least 2 years to fully recover from. I hope Rose fully recovers because he is so fun to watch and is so humble but I fear he will be a shell of his former self, at least for the next few years.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
1:22 to go, a 12 point lead in a playoff game, I don't know of any coach who would sit his players during those circumstances. You can argue that Rose should've come off sooner, but I figure if it got as close as 12 points, he would've been inserted anyways, so the point is fairly moot.