Author Topic: Why is Rose playing with the game decided? (ACL torn)  (Read 21072 times)

Re: Why is Rose playing with the game decided? (ACL torn)
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Rose is probably my least favorite player in the NBA, but I still wish him a full recovery...in a couple months.

Derrick Rose is likable superstar. Do you hate his game? or Derrick Rose the man?

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I will say unabashedly that I love this injury!  It is about time injuries screwed someone else. Let's call it payback for the past 4 years.

I do not.  I will not delight in the misery of a fellow human being.

He's a multi, multi millionaire. There are literally billions of people in much more need of your sympathy.  I, for one, feel no sympathy for someone who has been paid tens of millions of dollars to shoot a ball at a hoop. And I am saying this has someone who has built multiple schools in developing countries.
There are players I don't like in every sport, but the last thing I would do is wish an injury to a player in any manner to help promote the agenda of our team or demote the chances of the team that player plays for.

We had some bad luck with injuries but in every sport, nine times out of ten the team with the best talent and health at the end of the season wins. Injuries are a part of the game. But never wish harm on another for any reason. that just ain't right.

I learned this lesson in 1978 at 13 years old when my favorite football player was struck down in a preseason game and never played again. Darryl Stingley was an amazing WR talent for the Patriots and had his whole future in front of him. He was paralyzed for life and died several years ago prematurely because of his paraplegia.

If your not a football fan and just a Celtic fan is the case of Reggie Lewis not a perfect example of why you should never wish harm on an athlete in an attempt to better your own teams chances?

Sorry for the preachy-ness people but I always hate when I see people doing this.

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Can the roseless bulls beat the Celtics 4 out of 7 games? Im not so sure.

if boston comes to play defensively..i don't think so

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The guy got hurt on a jump...

*There was no contact.

It wouldn't matter WHEN he was playing.

The knee may have gone out the very next minute of Game 2.

Can't blame Thibs.

Edit: *There was no contact with another player. There was contact with the court/ground.

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Hopefully the 76ers will use this as motivation and take this game to a 6/7 game series.

Look up though Celtics. The Bulls without Derrick Rose are not that much worse with him.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Hopefully the 76ers will use this as motivation and take this game to a 6/7 game series.

Look up though Celtics. The Bulls without Derrick Rose are not that much worse with him.

Philly not gonna win...unless Deng gets hurt and is out for the series.

Right now, Bulls can't afford to lose Deng. Anyone else and they can still beat Philly.

It will be C's and Heat in the ECF.

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Shame about Rose.  You never want to see a star go down like that, regardless of circumstances.  However, while I never root for injuries, it's a big, big plus for our playoff run.  Let's hope we can stay healthy now and take care of business with the Hawks.

As far as playing goes, I don't understand how being up 12 with a minute and a half to go is some insurmountable blowout.  Thibs was being conservative, but NBA teams can and do narrow deficits like that very quickly.

I continue to be impressed by David Stern's powers, though - apparently, he's moved from dictating referees' calls in real-time to altering coaches' substitution patterns, all from hundreds of miles away.  It's a shame his talents are being wasted as commissioner of a sports league when he could be out preventing crime Professor X-style.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:44:02 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Philly not gonna win...unless Deng gets hurt and is out for the series.

Right now, Bulls can't afford to lose Deng. Anyone else and they can still beat Philly.

It will be C's and Heat in the ECF.
Well Doug Collins is NOT GOING to allow the 76ers to play weak ball now that Rose is gone. If you were Evan Turner or Iggy or Brand, wouldn't you play harder if your opponent's star player is gone?

I'm not saying they'll manage an upset, but hopefully prolong the series. Maybe the Cs can finish up the Hawks quickly, and have valuable resting time.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
What a bummer about Rose. 

By the way, folks, the Hawks aren't a bye.  We have to go out there and play them. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2012, 07:47:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

This is true. Call me crazy but Deng going down would've been just as damaging, if not, more damaging to that team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2012, 07:49:48 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
hope rose get well soon he was a humble player, this year has been tough for him, he's gonna have to change his game nd become more of a jump shooter

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
You could really see this injury coming from a mile away, hes had multiple injuries all year, it was a slim chance he was going to make it through the grueling playoffs unscathed.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2012, 07:56:52 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
Rose is probably my least favorite player in the NBA, but I still wish him a full recovery...in a couple months.

Derrick Rose is likable superstar. Do you hate his game? or Derrick Rose the man?

I honestly don't know. Ever since I first saw him play, I just disliked him. I don't like the Bulls as a whole, either, although I'm fond of Thibs.

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2012, 08:01:54 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112

I honestly don't know. Ever since I first saw him play, I just disliked him. I don't like the Bulls as a whole, either, although I'm fond of Thibs.

Its completely normal to dislike the star player of a team thats constantly the opponent of your favorite team. For example, I hate LeBron, hes always facing the Celtics so hes my enemy as well as the teams enemy. Same thing goes for whichever team were facing.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

This is true. Call me crazy but Deng going down would've been just as damaging, if not, more damaging to that team.

Good call.
Deng is their card to match with Pierce/Johnson, then if they make it past that round, LeBron, and finally, possibly Durant.
Without Rose, they're pretty dangerous to do something.
Without Deng, they're done.