Author Topic: Why is Rose playing with the game decided? (ACL torn)  (Read 21108 times)

Re: Why is Rose playing with the game decided? (ACL torn)
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Although this really helps the C's chances this year, provided they get by Atlanta, Chicago will not be a pushover even without Rose

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
And THIS is why I kept saying not to count this Celtics team out of doing anything this year.

I will say this though, I blame this less on him being out there in meaningless minutes trying to pad his stats and more on the corrupted season that the powers that be forced upon this game this year.

Back-to-back-to-backs. 5 games in six days. 7 games in 9 days. 66 games in the time the league usually plays 44 games. Its no wonder some teams fell apart in the second half of the season and some young players who have never played so many games in such a short amount of time have gone down(Rose, Shumpert, Lin, Rubio) recently.

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
That really sucks. I hope he comes back to full strength. Compared to some of the other knee injuries I've seen it didn't look that bad when it happened.  OTOH, how many injuries have we seen where a guy is just running up court and his Achilles gives out?

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I like Rose so this is sad to see him go down like this especially after his MVP season. I will never wish injury on any player because i know how their fans feel especially in the past 4 years with the injuries on this team
I also don't think he was completely ready to go back out there.

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I will say unabashedly that I love this injury!  It is about time injuries screwed someone else. Let's call it payback for the past 4 years.

I do not.  I will not delight in the misery of a fellow human being.

He's a multi, multi millionaire. There are literally billions of people in much more need of your sympathy.  I, for one, feel no sympathy for someone who has been paid tens of millions of dollars to shoot a ball at a hoop. And I am saying this has someone who has built multiple schools in developing countries.

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I will say unabashedly that I love this injury!  It is about time injuries screwed someone else. Let's call it payback for the past 4 years.

I do not.  I will not delight in the misery of a fellow human being.

He's a multi, multi millionaire. There are literally billions of people in much more need of your sympathy.  I, for one, feel no sympathy for someone who has been paid tens of millions of dollars to shoot a ball at a hoop. And I am saying this has someone who has built multiple schools in developing countries.
Having watched a promising Bears season and our title hopes in 2008-2009 fall apart due to injuries I guess I just have empathy for others on this sort of thing.

But hey you do charity work so its cool to cackle at another man's (and Bulls fan's) pain.

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
And THIS is why I kept saying not to count this Celtics team out of doing anything this year.

I will say this though, I blame this less on him being out there in meaningless minutes trying to pad his stats and more on the corrupted season that the powers that be forced upon this game this year.

Back-to-back-to-backs. 5 games in six days. 7 games in 9 days. 66 games in the time the league usually plays 44 games. Its no wonder some teams fell apart in the second half of the season and some young players who have never played so many games in such a short amount of time have gone down(Rose, Shumpert, Lin, Rubio) recently.
Some truth to this.

But it was absolutely inexcusable for Thibs to have him on the floor in that situation, except to pad stats and make a statement to Philly. He should feel really good right now about sacrificing some of his team's finals hopes for a stupid number.

The stupid league regular season is yet another reason why Rose shouldn't have been out there.

Anyone think Doc would have Pierce and Garnett on the floor in the same situation? Of course not.

Tragic to see a great talent like Rose falling victim to this corrupted game. But it might be good for the game for coaches, GMs and the little Napoleon in NYC to see the dangers of chasing meaningless, individualistic statistics.

It makes me smile to think of EVERY coach alive in the playoffs with the sight of Rose on the floor in the back of their minds.

Meanwhile, it doesn't hurt the Celtics' chances at all.

If we take care of business.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

Your last two paragraphs are the truth. The NBA trying to be greedy and compact this season has hurt many of these players. Like what Charles Barkley said  in he beginning of the year whoever wins the championship this year will have to be the last team standing.

Re: Why is Rose playing with the game decided?
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My wife's immediate reaction to the Rose play, "femur got over the knee, looks just like every blown ACL I've seen in person".

Is your wife a doctor or something?  

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
Rose is probably my least favorite player in the NBA, but I still wish him a full recovery...in a couple months.

Re: Why is Rose playing with the game decided?
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
My wife's immediate reaction to the Rose play, "femur got over the knee, looks just like every blown ACL I've seen in person".

Is your wife a doctor or something?  
No she played woman's basketball through high school and saw I think 5 or 6 blown ACLs while she played.

Women tear their knees up far more often than male athletes.

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 07:10:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
hate to say it...it would have gone out eventually...

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
What a terrible season for Rose dealing with all these different injuries, then to top it all off like that? Man, i hate to see this happen to sucha great player and wish him luck, however, this emmensley helps our chances at not only getting to the ECF but possibly having an easy enough route to rest for the Heat.

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
hate to say it...it would have gone out eventually...
Yeah, I got a sick feeling like when Powe/KG had their injuries when I saw it.

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 07:19:18 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
Can the roseless bulls beat the Celtics 4 out of 7 games? Im not so sure.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]