Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165461 times)

Re: The General Superhero Movie Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2012, 11:21:50 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Marvel is currently deciding whether or not to remake a daredevil movie because they just obtained the rights to him from fox.  I also heard they are trying to work out a deal with fox to trade daredevil back to fox in exchange for certain villains in the marvel universe.  Sounds awesome.

sweet!

« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Marvel is currently deciding whether or not to remake a daredevil movie because they just obtained the rights to him from fox.  I also heard they are trying to work out a deal with fox to trade daredevil back to fox in exchange for certain villains in the marvel universe.  Sounds awesome.

sweet!
That villain is Galactus, who they want to use in the Avengers.  Right now Fox has the rights for the Fantastic 4.  Man I sound like a nerd saying this but Galactus in an Avengers movie would be pretty cool.

« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

sweet!
That villain is Galactus, who they want to use in the Avengers.  Right now Fox has the rights for the Fantastic 4.  Man I sound like a nerd saying this but Galactus in an Avengers movie would be pretty cool.
depends on how the movie presents Galactus.  the comics version may not be acceptable to non-comic-reading movie goers but the version in the Fantastic Four II movie sucked (literally and figuratively).

« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2012, 08:48:05 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
Galactus should not be a villain in an Avengers movie but he is important to a thanos/guardians of the galaxy story line.  I heard the trade was Daredevil for Galactus and Silver Surfer.  That would be key.  Really excited for the next 6 years of marvel movies (phase 2).   

« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2012, 08:49:40 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Here are 4 more deleted scenes.  I love the captain america one. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=66069

« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2012, 08:50:40 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Actually these are the new deleted scenes.  I posted the wrong link before.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66066

« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/08/28/avengers-alternate-opening/

Here is the alternate opening since it was apparently removed from squish's link.

« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35
I want a Dr Strange film directed by Guillermo del Toro and a Fantastic Four film directed by Brad Bird.

I enjoyed the DK Rises quite a bit.  Anne Hathaway, you now have permission to dropkick my face.  Fun film.  Sleek. 

I thought the Spidey reboot was hot garbage.  Lizard's design was disappointing.  I was hoping for a McFarlane style design but not as extreme.  The kid who played Spidey was great in The Red Riding trology and Boy A--he was pretty good here too.  I didnt like the high school setting, origin was try-hard.

I hated The Avengers.  I thought it was very boring.  Special effects fatigue set in quickly.  Predictable dialogue, unlikable characters.  Snarky. 

I dont think film as a medium is very suitable for comics which are serialized.  Trying to smash a 14 issue story into  120 minutes compresses everything down like spam in a can.  Thats why I like the DC cartoons so much.  I wish they would do the same treatment to mature comics, televised in a episodic format rather than a cinematic one. 

« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I want a Dr Strange film directed by Guillermo del Toro and a Fantastic Four film directed by Brad Bird.

I enjoyed the DK Rises quite a bit.  Anne Hathaway, you now have permission to dropkick my face.  Fun film.  Sleek. 

I thought the Spidey reboot was hot garbage.  Lizard's design was disappointing.  I was hoping for a McFarlane style design but not as extreme.  The kid who played Spidey was great in The Red Riding trology and Boy A--he was pretty good here too.  I didnt like the high school setting, origin was try-hard.

I hated The Avengers.  I thought it was very boring.  Special effects fatigue set in quickly.  Predictable dialogue, unlikable characters.  Snarky. 

I dont think film as a medium is very suitable for comics which are serialized.  Trying to smash a 14 issue story into  120 minutes compresses everything down like spam in a can.  Thats why I like the DC cartoons so much.  I wish they would do the same treatment to mature comics, televised in a episodic format rather than a cinematic one. 

while I clearly don't agree with you about the three movies, you might find this interesting

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/29/shield-tv-show-joss-whedon-thoughts/

« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35

while I clearly don't agree with you about the three movies, you might find this interesting

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/29/shield-tv-show-joss-whedon-thoughts/

That is definitely interesting.  I would give that show a shot.  I like how Whedon can balance different plot threads and juggle cast chemistry in his shows and comics.  Might be a great fit.

« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Marvel is finally releasing the Phase 1 box set.  $219 for  6 movies with 4 discs of extras.  Also includes a look ahead to Phase 2

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/20/marvel-phase-one-phase-two/

Of particular interest the Phase 2 movies

Marvel’s Phase Two, which starts in May with Iron Man 3 and includes Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and, of course, The Avengers 2

« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
How come DC hasn't released a Wonder Woman or The Flash movie yet?

How stupid are they to not capitalize on the super hero movie success. I mean, Green Lantern wasnt even that great and it still made money. C'mon DC, we're talking about Wonder Woman here (and that better be Jessica Biel playing Princess Diana).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith