Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165393 times)

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Gonna see all of the big ones.

I actually think the new Spiderman movie will be the best film out of them all.

I didn't say, most popular or most profitable....

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Avengers has already made $178 million overseas:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-avengers-marvel-joss-whedon-robert-downey-jr-317871

It's also projecting to open at ~$150 million in the US.  I don't know which movie will make the most $, but I'm pretty sure I know who won't be last.

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I hope they all flop so Hollywood stops making these garbage CGI pics.

I know in my heart that will never happen.

But how many times are they going to make an extremely fake looking Hulk and Spiderman fight scene where they are smashing through a city? This doesn't interest me in the least and I don't really understand the hype.  

You know what, when are they going to stop all this CGI crap? It's not impressive anymore at all.  I hate that these movies keep making 100+ millions when they don't deserve it.  

Want to see a good movie?  Netflix "The Vicious Kind"... This movie probably made no money and it will never be seen by anyone sadly because it doesn't have CGI effects.

I hate hollywood and the direction its going.
/rant

I think Batman will easily top the other two.. it's actually being directed instead of produced.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Batman...don't think I'll pay money for the others and am likely to skip them entirely

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I think Batman will edge out Avengers, but I think its going to be closer than people think. The last one made a ton because of Leadgers death kinda hyped it up. Not to take anything away from his performance(saw it twice in the theater), but that defiantly got the casual fan into the seat the first time.

But I also wouldn't be suprised if Avengers beat Batman out. Marvel has done really well promoting the movie, starting in 08 with Iron man, leading into Hulk, Ironman 2, Thor and then Cap. And this is the first time we really get to see ALL the heros on the screen at the same time. And with Joss Whedon writing and direction its going to be good, the guy hardly ever misses.

I will be seeing all of them. But If I had to pick on...Batman is my favorite, but Ive seen Bats on screen, and its the Avengers first time, gotta support the newbies.

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
I predict all of them will do very well box office-wise, but I'm only really excited about Batman. I love Christopher Nolan and TDK is among my top movies overall. I will be huuugely disappointed if this last one fails to live up to my expectations.

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I watched an advanced screening for the Avengers...it was awesome!!!

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm gonna see all of them, but I've been waiting for Batman 3 for like a long time.

I prefer DKR, then Avengers

not that interested in Spiderman, but I might end up seeing that too

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'm all set with spider man, far too soon for that reboot. I just don't care to see the orgin story for the second time in what...8 years?

I'm pumped for both the dark knight rises and the avengers. Been hearing awesome things about the avengers and nolan doesn't disapoint so im sure both those will be awesome!
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Batman, Avengers, Spidey

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm all set with spider man, far too soon for that reboot. I just don't care to see the orgin story for the second time in what...8 years?

I'm pumped for both the dark knight rises and the avengers. Been hearing awesome things about the avengers and nolan doesn't disapoint so im sure both those will be awesome!
Apparently Sony has to keep pumping out movies every so often otherwise Marvel will get the film rights back. They only rebooted because 3 was such a mess and so were all the spec scripts for 4 and the actors didn't want to do it.

So expect constant spider man films till they stop making money...

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Well if overseas is any indication the Avengers is going to crush it.  Took in 178 million and was #1 in all 39 markets it opened in last weekend.  And that doesn't even include China, Russia, and Japan (it will open in China and Russia this week and Japan in August).  

http://news.yahoo.com/avengers-smashes-overseas-box-office-records-171029912.html

Apparently Battleship has been out for a couple of weeks overseas and is at 170 million to date from the foreign markets (it opens May 18 here).

Not sure I like all of these US movies opening overseas before the US, but I'm sure that stuff is thought out and done for a reason.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Apparently Sony has to keep pumping out movies every so often otherwise Marvel will get the film rights back. They only rebooted because 3 was such a mess and so were all the spec scripts for 4 and the actors didn't want to do it.

That's why they keep rolling out x-men movies and there are always an appearance by Wolverine. 

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

That's why they keep rolling out x-men movies and there are always an appearance by Wolverine. 

HA, I watched XMen first class this weekend and liked the wolverine cameo
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Plus Wolverine is awesome and lives forever so it makes it easier.  I mean seriously, who doesn't love Wolverine and Hugh Jackman was perfectly cast.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip