Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165434 times)

Re: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 10, 2016, 11:35:27 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The new Captain America trailer is AWESOME. Except I can't believe they've got Spidey choosing Iron Man's side. Come on!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dKrVegVI0Us
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #301 on: March 10, 2016, 11:41:15 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
The new Captain America trailer is AWESOME. Except I can't believe they've got Spidey choosing Iron Man's side. Come on!

that spiderman costume looks lackluster :/

« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2016, 10:38:42 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

It's a look I'm not used to, for sure, and I noticed it right away—haven't seen it enough yet to know whether I'll like it. But I think everything else looks fantastic.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2016, 10:43:40 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

How do the eyes on the costume squint?  <comicbookguy> Boy, I really hope somebody got fired over that one </comicbookguy>

Movie looks good, but it seems like they're trying to cram an awful lot into one film.  And that "big throwdown" would be over in about 2 seconds, Iron Man's side is comically stronger than the Cap group.

« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2016, 10:50:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I dunno, I like it, it's the old costume from the comic books. The CGI looks a bit off for sure, but they have about a couple of months to polish that.

How do the eyes on the costume squint?  <comicbookguy> Boy, I really hope somebody got fired over that one </comicbookguy>

Movie looks good, but it seems like they're trying to cram an awful lot into one film.  And that "big throwdown" would be over in about 2 seconds, Iron Man's side is comically stronger than the Cap group.

They're doing it like Deadpool, no?

I can't come up with any reasons as to why those eyes squint, except for one thing. Marvel is probably just saying "whatever, this is a comic book movie, and the fan boys would like it, so lets just do it".

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Except in comics, Scarlet Witch is stronger then all of them.  She what she did when she had a mental breakdown.

« Reply #306 on: March 18, 2016, 01:29:11 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm going to go out on the limb and predict that "Batman V Superman" strongly disappoints while "Ghostbusters" is surprisingly decent. 

Gonna pull these numbers out of my butt.  These are my metacritic predictions.

Batman V Superman = 58
Suicide Squad = 46
Ghostbusters = 72

« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2016, 07:40:47 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Serious question from a casual super hero fan. Without a boatload of Kryptonite how does Batman even stand a chance against Superman? Batman's just a guy in a suit with some fancy toys, Superman is the real deal. 
Yup

« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2016, 08:49:39 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Serious question from a casual super hero fan. Without a boatload of Kryptonite how does Batman even stand a chance against Superman?

He's Batman!

Seriously, it's the same theory as Superman vs. Lex Luthor.  Superman is so incredibly powerful, he doesn't think that hard about a lot of things because he doesn't need to.  That leaves openings for a genius like Batman to exploit.

Practically, it's the same reason why every single fight with The Flash doesn't end in .8 seconds.  Fans actually want to see them throwdown against each other.

Mike

« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2016, 09:59:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It is rumored that the suit is a Tony Stark design which is one of the reasons Spider-man is on Stark's side.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #310 on: March 18, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Serious question from a casual super hero fan. Without a boatload of Kryptonite how does Batman even stand a chance against Superman? Batman's just a guy in a suit with some fancy toys, Superman is the real deal.

Easy answer, he can't.

In the comic books, there is always kryptonite.   Though batman did create his own red kryptonite.

« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2016, 04:20:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
its based on the comic "Dark Knight Returns" from the mid 80s.  An aging batman fights superman using a metal suit basically identical to the one being used in this movie.  I think it was laced with kryptonite.  There's actually a animated version of "the dark knight returns" that was pretty good.  It might be streaming on Netflix.  Will be interesting to see how much they borrowed from it.

« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2016, 06:07:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Batman is supposed to be a lot smarter compared to Superman.  So he competes using his mind, tactics and his knowledge of psychology and human nature.

Also, in the comics, Superman has a code where he will never use his full strength because he will kill people.   He has violated this a few times, though but it is rare.   This is one reason, a lot of folks did not like the last Superman movie, because he killed so easily and damaged Metropolis beyond all reason.

« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2016, 06:58:47 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Thanks for the insight.

I wonder if there will be a Clark Kent vs Bruce Wayne encounter.
Yup

« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2016, 08:01:08 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
For the people asking, spiderman isn't actually squinting (as in the effect from deadpool). The high resolution pictures show that the eyes are actually mechanical (possibly engineered by Stark).