Author Topic: Who could Rondo and Bradley fetch if traded together?  (Read 9082 times)

Re: Who could Rondo and Bradley fetch if traded together?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
Why would we trade Rondo and Bradley for the injured Curry lol?

Rondo is leaps and bounds better then Curry, and Bradley has the potential to be better then Curry as well. Trade doesent seem logical to me.

We dont need another SG, we already have a future star SG in Bradley.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Rondo is leaps and bounds better then Curry, and Bradley has the potential to be better then Curry as well. Trade doesent seem logical to me.

Jeez, I really wonder at times if you're Avery's brother or something like that. Why not just admit what is actually a fact?
Avery has only potential to be better than an injured Steph, which means a DNP-Steph.
Not that I'd love to give up Rondo in such a trade, though.

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112

Jeez, I really wonder at times if you're Avery's brother or something like that. Why not just admit what is actually a fact?
Avery has only potential to be better than an injured Steph, which means a DNP-Steph.

I think rationally.

Is Curry better then Rondo? Not even close, so why do the trade? Celtics wont, so theres no point bringing it up.

Is Curry better then Bradley? Right now yes, but Warriors wouldnt do that trade anyways, so why bring it up?

You dont trade a star backcourt for an injured question mark SG lol.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 05:10:33 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum

I think rationally.

Is Curry better then Rondo? Not even close, so why do the trade? Celtics wont, so theres no point bringing it up.

Is Curry better then Bradley? Right now yes, but Warriors wouldnt do that trade anyways, so why bring it up?

You dont trade a star backcourt for an injured question mark SG lol.

Is Curry better than Rondo? No. Because he isn't even a PG. And their playing styles don't even resemble the other one's a bit. But yes, Rondo as a PG, ranks above Curry as a SG.

Is Curry better than Bradley? Yes. And unless Curry continues an injury-ridden career from this point, he'll probably be better at any point.

Is Bradley a star backcourt? No. A couple of months' hot play won't cut it. Come back next season, play some good basketball in the first couple of months and his star potential should get a validation, then.

Does he have the potential to be a star? Probably yes. He has good temperament. I like his style, even he's undersized. I actually don't think his size is a big issue going forward. Better than having an undersized big man, in my opinion. His handling isn't that good, but he can drive to the hoop or shoot. He also plays good defense alongside Rondo (I said it this way because he keeps himself away from gambling, something Rondo consistently does. So, if both of them went for the steals full-blooded, then you have a trouble with your team defense). But his passing is mediocre at best. He needs to improve up to a decent level at least.
All these factors prove that he has potential. Whether he will really hit a higher ceiling than his current one or not is unknown.
But you have a point, to be fair. If Jeremy Lin is a star in this league, Avery Bradley should certainly be called one, in terms of performance alone.

Just to explain myself, when I brought up the idea back that I'd to see a trade happening, I excluded Rondo from the discussions at the beginning.
Technically speaking, yes, we're not getting a backcourt of Rondo-Curry. I was just dreaming.

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »

Offline StarzNBarz

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Interesting thought... I'd do it for Blake-Mo Williams

Mo Williams? Yuk.

Rondo and Bradley should fetch more than Blake Griffin. I'm thinking Al Horford more like.

How is Al Horford more than Blake Griffin? I'd like to think Griffin is better.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
What about a combination of Demarcus cousins/Tyreke Evans and the kings 2013 unprotected first round pick? You could include Salmons  etc into the deal to make the money work if required.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 08:16:05 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I would hope it would "fetch" Ainge's firing.

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 08:26:46 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Really? In my opinion Blake can dunk better and that's about it...

Either way, they'd have to throw in extra sugar because Rondo + Bradley is a hell of a backcourt.

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Either way, they'd have to throw in extra sugar because Rondo + Bradley is a hell of a backcourt.
He's a better rebounder and more aggressive offensive player.

His downside is that he's a not a high level help defender like Horford.

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum

He has that "star" label to avoid offensive fouls coming in his way, so that he could easily posterize someone by swinging his arms around and pushing. And he can dunk better.
That's it, no other accolade to be given to Blake over a skilled center.

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

He has that "star" label to avoid offensive fouls coming in his way, so that he could easily posterize someone by swinging his arms around and pushing. And he can dunk better.
That's it, no other accolade to be given to Blake over a skilled center.
Lots of guys use their off arm to ward or push off and don't get called for it often.

Blake just gets his dunks shown more so you see it a lot with him.