Author Topic: I can't believe Danny tried to trade Pierce for Okur !  (Read 6013 times)

Re: I can't believe Danny tried to trade Pierce for Okur !
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Pierce for a lottery pick, a 7 footer who is very tradeable, and a tonne of extra space starting next season.
Can't see how this is 'for Okur'.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 02:05:34 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Pierce was a #10 pick himself, in a fairly shallow draft.

Why wouldn't you trade him at the end of his career for a top 10 pick in a deep draft?

It's premature. He's still playing at a high level and should continue to do so for the remainder of his contract. There's something to be said for continuity, and for loyalty.

High draft picks and cap space are overrated. While the sure thing is generally underrated.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 02:13:37 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
By the logic of the title, Danny traded Theo Ratliff for KG

What a steal!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Pierce was a #10 pick himself, in a fairly shallow draft.

Why wouldn't you trade him at the end of his career for a top 10 pick in a deep draft?

It's premature. He's still playing at a high level and should continue to do so for the remainder of his contract. There's something to be said for continuity, and for loyalty.

High draft picks and cap space are overrated. While the sure thing is generally underrated.

Oh here's another reason, I just plucked off the front page.

"One of the hardest things, I've always said, in this league is to create chemistry." - Kevin Garnett

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:14 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Question to ask yourself is "is Pierce a part of the next Celtics title team?"

If no, then the purely logical thing to do is get the best value you can for him now...

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 03:02:24 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

If no, then the purely logical thing to do is get the best value you can for him now...

The question Edwardo, "Is that team this year's squad?" Hm?

But if not, and it's really going to be another 22 years between championships, then nobody on this team, or next season's team, or the one after that, is going to be part of the title team. Does it make sense to deal Rondo and the 2012 draft picks now to?

I'll take a puncher's chance in 2012 and Pierce retiring a Celtic, and winning us more games over the next two seasons than any rookie he'd bring back in return.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 03:14:36 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Makes me want to vomit, personally.

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 04:15:31 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

But if not, and it's really going to be another 22 years between championships, then nobody on this team, or next season's team, or the one after that, is going to be part of the title team. Does it make sense to deal Rondo and the 2012 draft picks now to?

I'll take a puncher's chance in 2012 and Pierce retiring a Celtic, and winning us more games over the next two seasons than any rookie he'd bring back in return.

Haha. Re-read what you wrote here.
What if we get the next Paul Pierce in this draft?
A guy that can go with Rondo for the next 6-7 years and give us a legitimate shot at winning another title.
We could potentially get the 4th pick PLUS a 7 footer that would be excellent in any other trade scenario for us.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49:04 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Haha. Re-read what you wrote here.
What if we get the next Paul Pierce in this draft?
A guy that can go with Rondo for the next 6-7 years and give us a legitimate shot at winning another title.
We could potentially get the 4th pick PLUS a 7 footer that would be excellent in any other trade scenario for us.

Nets pick would be a mid-field lottery one. Can see them getting at least a couple of more victories with Pierce.
Then again, there was a chance we could tank and end up the season behind Nets for the better odds.
I'll still take a shot at the title over an X kid. Chances of getting a new Paul Pierce in this draft is next to nothing in my opinion. A couple of possible franchise players are out there. Davis, MKG, maybe Robinson, Beal and Drummond.
None of them are the next Paul Pierce.

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 06:52:26 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I don't believe any of this trade stuff, since everyone claimed the C's were trying to trade Rondo for Pau Gasol

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 07:01:17 AM »

Offline myteamisbetterthanyours

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 31
I get why Danny Ainge would do this... but dude.. PAUL PIERCE?! I would never...........