Author Topic: Howard Refuses to Play for SVG (Report)  (Read 16037 times)

Re: Howard Refuses to Play for SVG (Report)
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
His reps are denying the report.

Shocking.

Now his reps are deying that they denied it.

'Wait, Dwight...you want to throw US under the bus?'

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Anyone get the feeling that there is someone in Orlando that doesn't like both of these guys that keeps leaking these stories?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
"Dwight Howard informs Magic leadership that if they leak one more private conversation to the media, he's going to half-arse next season and go play somewhere competent." - Confidential Magic Insider code-named 'Dich Revos'
Haha. Brilliant.

I don't agree with those who say that any of this hurts Howard's trade value. Why would it? If when he was resigned he made it clear he wanted a new coach next season, I see no problem.

Everything was fine until SVG went public. SVG should have been canned right then and there. You keep that stuff private until the end of the season so whoever passed that info to SVG should also be canned. I don't blame SVG for going public with what he heard, but he still should have been canned at that moment for doings something to the detriment of the team.

Now that Howard is out hurt, all sorts of conversations are going on. These are all moot until the doctors clear him to play.

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Annyong

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm totally numb to anything coming out of ORL now.

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Baby is the mole. He's the closest to Dwight and in the position with the most to gain. Minutes basically. Which he always craved like  Mikes cake here. It was his main complaint.

Baby never left here on bad terms however and even got an emotional tribute and ovation his first game back. His defense on Pierce on last nights final possesion only adds to the conspiracy theories.

He's seen Pierce finish games from the top corner of the key how many times? He was burned. And badly. He's smart enough to go behind the screen and just meet Pierce on the other side by now. He's no dummy at team defense. We all know his rotations have always been pretty decent for a big man.

The mystery deepens..

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Okay, let's review:

In 2009, after losing a game to the Celtics in the playoffs, Howard called out his coach for his substitution patterns.

In 2010, before the season started, Howard asked for Van Gundy to tone down the negativity in his coaching.

In 2011, Van Gundy questioned Howard's focus and leadership after Howard led the league in technicals the year before and after yet another display of immaturity.

In 2012, Howard gives management a list of teams he would like to be traded to, says he is not opting out of his contract then changes his mind then changes it again and doesn't opt out, asks management to fire Van Gundy then hugs Van Gundy in front of cameras during an interview with Van Gundy that he disrupts, half asses his way through a game in New York, goes out injured and then states he doesn't want to play for Van Gundy again and then denies stating he said that.

Is anyone really defending Howard? The guy is an immature brat of a professional basketball player that cares more about wearing Superman capes, signing shoe deals, starring in Hollywood and hanging with other idiot NBA players like Gilbert Arenas and Big Baby Davis than winning basketball championships.

Van Gundy's shelf life isn't long because Orlando management has decided to hook their wagon to a loser. They deserve everything that happens to them as a team from this point forward for doing so, IMHO.

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
His reps are denying the report.

Shocking.

Now his reps are denying that they denied it.

Let me know when they deny denying that they denied it.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
It's hard to take seriously...Or believe something reported or discussed by jamele hill and skip bayless.

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 05:50:31 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Okay, let's review:

In 2009, after losing a game to the Celtics in the playoffs, Howard called out his coach for his substitution patterns.

In 2010, before the season started, Howard asked for Van Gundy to tone down the negativity in his coaching.

In 2011, Van Gundy questioned Howard's focus and leadership after Howard led the league in technicals the year before and after yet another display of immaturity.

In 2012, Howard gives management a list of teams he would like to be traded to, says he is not opting out of his contract then changes his mind then changes it again and doesn't opt out, asks management to fire Van Gundy then hugs Van Gundy in front of cameras during an interview with Van Gundy that he disrupts, half asses his way through a game in New York, goes out injured and then states he doesn't want to play for Van Gundy again and then denies stating he said that.

Is anyone really defending Howard? The guy is an immature brat of a professional basketball player that cares more about wearing Superman capes, signing shoe deals, starring in Hollywood and hanging with other idiot NBA players like Gilbert Arenas and Big Baby Davis than winning basketball championships.

Van Gundy's shelf life isn't long because Orlando management has decided to hook their wagon to a loser. They deserve everything that happens to them as a team from this point forward for doing so, IMHO.

TP, the picture alone sums up what kind of other-worldly level, type meathead this guy is. I like his his stats. I only question his heart and head. A lot more so now, than before. If he pulled these stunts here i have no doubt there would be a mob calling for his head.

We don't  need that type of drama here on any level. From his part or the media's. If these reports are all true somebody needs to come reign this guy in and quick. Or he's gonna be the second behind lebron in a long line of superstars who will hold their organizations hostage more often now, that they see they can get the outcomes they want.

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think less of Dwight now but who can blame him.

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Rumor was Howard was influenced by advisors to waive his out clause so he would pickup bonuses from Adidas for being on a playoff team (the Magic).  I mean he did make an abrupt U-turn about the whole trade demand drama.

Now his current antics are to try and force the Magic to trade him during the off season so it will basically be as if that 1 year extension didn't exist.

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rumor was Howard was influenced by advisors to waive his out clause so he would pickup bonuses from Adidas for being on a playoff team (the Magic).  I mean he did make an abrupt U-turn about the whole trade demand drama.

Now his current antics are to try and force the Magic to trade him during the off season so it will basically be as if that 1 year extension didn't exist.
Nice conspiracy theory....I approve. TP.

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He's having surgery for his back and is done till next year.

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He's having surgery for his back and is done till next year.

Curiouser and curiouser.  I can't imagine this is the first the Magic heard about this - I wonder if this leak today was preemptive damage control against angry fans. 

Paint Howard as a quitter, and imply he doesn't really need the surgery (which they might actually believe), so fans and the media don't blame management.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:08:30 PM by fairweatherfan »