Author Topic: Avery Bradley, Bill Simmons, corner threes, wizardry  (Read 4908 times)

Re: Avery Bradley, Bill Simmons, corner threes, wizardry
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
OMG, can you guyzzz believe it, the most popular/widely read basketball writer can accurately analyze the sport and make predictions?

It's unthinkable!!

I know you're being sarcastic...I just don't know why..

Because CB'ers are notorious for bashing Simmons as an idiot who knows nothing about hoops, every time he says something negative about the C's.  But here he said something positive, and it actually came true.  Now they will sing his praises as a genius.

Ah. Bill Simmons is still funny, Grantland is the stuff dreams are made of for your current-day 20-something basketball/culture nerd, and he still drives me absolutely nuts when he talks Celtics.
What bugs me is that he clearly is having a little something on the side with Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant. Makes him a little less desparate for a green win than I am.

I hate that.

His ego isn't really all that different than a lot of basketball nerds, so that doesn't bother me much.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Oh and if I was a Bruins fan (I'm not) I'd hate his guts. He talks about the Kings at least 10x more than the Bruins.

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
OMG, can you guyzzz believe it, the most popular/widely read basketball writer can accurately analyze the sport and make predictions?

It's unthinkable!!

Because CB'ers are notorious for bashing Simmons as an idiot who knows nothing about hoops, every time he says something negative about the C's.  But here he said something positive, and it actually came true.  Now they will sing his praises as a genius.

Ah. Bill Simmons is still funny, Grantland is the stuff dreams are made of for your current-day 20-something basketball/culture nerd, and he still drives me absolutely nuts when he talks Celtics.
What bugs me is that he clearly is having a little something on the side with Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant. Makes him a little less desparate for a green win than I am.

I hate that.

His ego isn't really all that different than a lot of basketball nerds, so that doesn't bother me much.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, cuz it feels true:

Bill Simmons is just waiting for Steve Nash to retire so that they can move together to Pomfret, CT, and finally open up that combination bookstore/pet grooming salon like they've always wanted.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's unthinkable!!

Because CB'ers are notorious for bashing Simmons as an idiot who knows nothing about hoops, every time he says something negative about the C's.  But here he said something positive, and it actually came true.  Now they will sing his praises as a genius.

I hate that.

Bill Simmons is just waiting for Steve Nash to retire so that they can move together to Pomfret, CT, and finally open up that combination bookstore/pet grooming salon like they've always wanted.

I heard he was running off to Paris with Adam Carolla to live their lifelong dream of creating a currency for cats and dogs to use.

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

It's unthinkable!!

I hate that.

I heard he was running off to Paris with Adam Carolla to live their lifelong dream of creating a currency for cats and dogs to use.

Apparently they just want what everybody wants when they retire.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
A single correct statement is meaningless without overall hit and miss percentages. Especially with pretty obvious statements.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:30:38 PM by guava_wrench »

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 02:37:39 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Here's a little bit o' wizardry.