Author Topic: Rondo has no interest in EVER playing in Olympics  (Read 8085 times)

Re: Rondo has no interest in EVER playing in Olympics
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
good. its kinda silly anyway IMO. olympics should be more for amateurs - track and fieks swimming gymanstics skiing etc. i like watching the olympics but if a celtic never plays im ok w that, rather have them rested for what we really care about - the nba season.
Are you writing from 1972?  Track & field athletes... AMATEURS?  A few of my college teammates are currently being paid decent salaries to train in attempts to qualify for the Olympic trials.  As for the three USA athletes in each event that actually do qualify?  I can guarantee they're doing fine.  I'd hardly call them amateurs.  And just because you don't get paid directly to compete for the Olympics... well, look at Michael Phelps during 2008.  He was not suffering for cash.

EDIT:  http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/wade-backtracks-colangelo-explains-why-players-not-paid-for-olympics/

Re: Rondo has no interest in EVER playing in Olympics
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 05:09:52 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rondo's game is ill-fitted for the Olympics.  Too much zone with defenders camped in the middle. 

Indeed.