Author Topic: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy  (Read 12004 times)

Re: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 03:01:14 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Moore deserves more time but not this late in the season.  Doc already missed his best chances to get Moore in. He did what he could but I agree that it wasn't enough and now Doc can't play him because we have to keep this train rolling into the playoffs.

There probably will be a game before the season ends when we rest one of the big 4 in separate occasions.  When it's Rondos turn he'll get his chance.

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
He's a second round pick.  Forget being happy with any PT, he should be happy he has a contract at all. 

He needs to shut up. 

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Moore has a point.
1. guaranteed he would we playing more  in a system like the Spurs.
2. he would be playing over Dooling in almost any other NBA team.

I don't think either of these things are true.  In all but one game, he has not looked like an NBA player.  He has struggled to get his shot off against any defense, and is not a strong defensive player or PG.

On the Spurs, he wouldn't see the floor either, because they would have about 5 guys in front of him. 

As for being better than Dooling...well, I won't get into that argument, since I know I think more of Dooling than most people on this site.  But since Dooling isn't in the rotation either right now, it doesn't really matter.

Moore is at best a borderline NBA player.

I dont think this is true either.. You put Moore on the Spurs bench and he gets buried. Moore hasnt proven that he is worthy of playing for a contender. I dont even think he would be getting big minutes on the Wizards or the Bobcats currently. I hope he is working hard and makes the most of his opportunities but he should try to be more cautious about what he says to the media.
Moore didn’t get a chance to prove himself.
while Dooling, sucked for almost entire season before showing little signs of positive production.

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
He's a second round pick.  Forget being happy with any PT, he should be happy he has a contract at all. 

He needs to shut up. 
Exactly he should be happy soaking up everything he can from the HOFs
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 03:58:16 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Moore stuck with an NBA team the entire season. That is a success. There are so many guys who could fill his role at the end of the bench -- guys who can look good a game or 2 while underwhelming the majority of the time. Borderline guys.

That's my view at least.

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 03:59:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Moore has a point.
1. guaranteed he would we playing more  in a system like the Spurs.

I don't think either of these things are true.  In all but one game, he has not looked like an NBA player.  He has struggled to get his shot off against any defense, and is not a strong defensive player or PG.

On the Spurs, he wouldn't see the floor either, because they would have about 5 guys in front of him.  

As for being better than Dooling...well, I won't get into that argument, since I know I think more of Dooling than most people on this site.  But since Dooling isn't in the rotation either right now, it doesn't really matter.

I dont think this is true either.. You put Moore on the Spurs bench and he gets buried. Moore hasnt proven that he is worthy of playing for a contender. I dont even think he would be getting big minutes on the Wizards or the Bobcats currently. I hope he is working hard and makes the most of his opportunities but he should try to be more cautious about what he says to the media.
while Dooling, sucked for almost entire season before showing little signs of positive production.

The point is that Moore would've been buried on the SPurs bench behind Danny Green, Ginobli, and S-Jax.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
don't care really if he's happy or not. ::)

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 04:08:05 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Moore has a point.
1. guaranteed he would we playing more  in a system like the Spurs.

I don't think either of these things are true.  In all but one game, he has not looked like an NBA player.  He has struggled to get his shot off against any defense, and is not a strong defensive player or PG.

As for being better than Dooling...well, I won't get into that argument, since I know I think more of Dooling than most people on this site.  But since Dooling isn't in the rotation either right now, it doesn't really matter.

The point is that Moore would've been buried on the SPurs bench behind Danny Green, Ginobli, and S-Jax.
Green was a second round pick, but he got a chance to show he can play.

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I like that's he's competitive and wants to play. It's better for all involved to keep it to yourself though.

I don't agree with the talk that he's a scrub though. He's a hard worker with game. In the little court time we've seen he has impressed me more than JJ has.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:34:09 PM by CelticSooner »

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 04:32:49 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Can't blame him, I'm sure he lights it up in practice while Avery is the brickmaster. From his prospective it can't make much sense.

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Moore deserves more time but not this late in the season.  Doc already missed his best chances to get Moore in. He did what he could but I agree that it wasn't enough and now Doc can't play him because we have to keep this train rolling into the playoffs.

There probably will be a game before the season ends when we rest one of the big 4 in separate occasions.  When it's Rondos turn he'll get his chance.

I agree.  But not only does Doc have a solid three-guard rotation set for the playoffs, but he's got two or three possible backups ahead of EM at this point. I don't expect him to be activated or see a minute on the court in the post-season, so I can understand Doc's triage going against Moore this year.

He also sounds like a rookie who hasn't quite got his PR spin game up to the pro level yet.

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Would anybody rather have Moore say "Oh Gee, Al....I'm just happy to be here".  ????????

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can't blame him, I'm sure he lights it up in practice while Avery is the brickmaster. From his prospective it can't make much sense.
This is pure and simple speculation on your part and given the fact that Bradley is playing, playing well and shooting well and that Doc always said Bradley showed himself to be a very good shooter in practice, probably the opposite of what has happened.

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Come on  Etwain..dude...look...I bet he'd really be all smiles if AUSTIN RIVERS was on the Celtics....

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I liked Moore's game earlier in the season but he has no right to gripe about anything as a second round rook/