Author Topic: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy  (Read 12027 times)

Re: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I believe eventually, with or without the Celtics, Moore will get the time on the court he's wanting.  Don't start counting him out like most did with Bradley. Moore has the talent to become a very good NBA player.  He's far from Europe material by any stretch.  He's here to stay.
I agree.  I really believe he'll develop at least to Keyon Dooling's level (in Dooling's prime) and most likely more.  At least a good bench player for us in the next couple of years.

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 12:36:47 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
By all accounts he's a good kid. Let's not beat him up about what was at worst a poor choice of words.

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
It does suck for him that he isn't able to get that experience...but welcome to the NBA.  You have to earn minutes around here and the only person he should be getting minutes in front of at guard is Dooling

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This is why players shouldn't talk.

I don't give a rat's benhind what a player has to say.  Just shut up and play.

It isn't a big deal, but it doesn't sound too good either.  Can easily be interpreted as not being a team player.

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Insignificant news.

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Moore has a point.
1. guaranteed he would we playing more  in a system like the Spurs.
2. he would be playing over Dooling in almost any other NBA team.

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 01:19:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Moore has a point.

I don't think either of these things are true.  In all but one game, he has not looked like an NBA player.  He has struggled to get his shot off against any defense, and is not a strong defensive player or PG.

On the Spurs, he wouldn't see the floor either, because they would have about 5 guys in front of him. 

As for being better than Dooling...well, I won't get into that argument, since I know I think more of Dooling than most people on this site.  But since Dooling isn't in the rotation either right now, it doesn't really matter.

Moore is at best a borderline NBA player.

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Moore has a point.

I don't think either of these things are true.  In all but one game, he has not looked like an NBA player.  He has struggled to get his shot off against any defense, and is not a strong defensive player or PG.

On the Spurs, he wouldn't see the floor either, because they would have about 5 guys in front of him. 

As for being better than Dooling...well, I won't get into that argument, since I know I think more of Dooling than most people on this site.  But since Dooling isn't in the rotation either right now, it doesn't really matter.

agreed
and while dooling is not my favorite player i'd think doc is probably saying he can hit 3's and has been around, get his confidence up
I personally always thought bradley was worth holding onto as he had some skill sets that could really help.  Moore will never be a starter in nba, maybe MAYBE a solid backup but he has lots to prove with what I've seen so far.

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The fact that Dooling has stunk up more than helped this team makes me love E'Twaun's comments. And I believe he knows this, which is why he just put it out there.

He should see the floor more than Dooling does.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Moore has a point.

I dont think this is true either.. You put Moore on the Spurs bench and he gets buried. Moore hasnt proven that he is worthy of playing for a contender. I dont even think he would be getting big minutes on the Wizards or the Bobcats currently. I hope he is working hard and makes the most of his opportunities but he should try to be more cautious about what he says to the media.

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Some of you do realize he is HUMAN, right? Everyone isn't going to give a "no comment" answer to everything, especially if what they actually shouldn't be replaced with a no comment answer! Is RR being a team guy when he says thing like, (not going to quote because I don't feel like watching the videos) when Avery starts we get off to better starts b/c of our defense... he has said it more than once... this was before Ray came back to be benched. It's more in the way RR says it... I would get an uneasy feeling about it... it's like he is calling out Ray on defense. Go look it up on espnforsberg videos (more than once). Other players say things too but no one talks about it... this kid said no more than the rest of the players!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 01:59:14 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Good kid, hard worker, wants to play, and not happy just getting occasional garbage minutes, I don't see a problem here.  I like the fact that he's angry, anger you can use, apathy would be a problem.

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 02:12:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If he said anything that the coach and his team mates didn't like, he'll hear about it and be put in his place. If he said something they could care less about, its a non-story. Either way let the team handle it cause its no bog deal.

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Moore has a point.

He might be in a Spurs game like last night...Which they mailed in.

He wouldn't be playing over Dooling on any NBA team...Except maybe Charlotte.

Dooling's defense, both one on one and team defense, will keep him on the court over Moore.

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Moore has a point.

I completely disagree. I think people forgot Moores game since he hasn't been playing. When he and Bradley were splitting minutes earlier in the season, Moore showed that he DID have the ability to create his own shot. That was one of the things mentioned almost every game thread as a reason to have Moore get more time when our bench lacked scoring. 

He is also a far better ball handler than Bradley, and looked more comfortable running the offense than Bradley. With Bradley playing SG now, that's less of an issue, but comparing them as point guards, that's another advantage to Moore.

Moore also showed himself to be a solid defender when given the minutes. He probably averaged as many steals as AB Per minute, when they split time early in the year.

Everyone is all over Bradley now, but earlier in the year when they were splitting their time, Moore was a significantly better player offensively (with actual moves...not just cutting), while also being a tough defender.  If I saw a player that I felt superior to getting tons of minutes while I rode the bench, I'd be frustrated as well.