Author Topic: What would you have gotten out of Dwight?  (Read 7183 times)

Re: What would you have gotten out of Dwight?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I hope Lebron sends DH some flowers, or something.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Dwight has got to be one of the biggest hypocrites in the league.  He publicly presents himself as a devout Christian, when he's really impregnating Magic Dancers out of wedlock and blatantly lying to people's faces.

The guy has gone from one of the league's good guys, to one of its scumbags.

When did he get a dancer pregnant? Haven't heard about this one.

http://voices.yahoo.com/orlando-magics-dwight-howard-becomes-father-with-801663.html

I don't think that he's a "scumbag" for that. That's a bit much. He's not the first star to ask for his coach to get fired. The backlash is a little over the top IMO.

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
It has been apparent to me for a while now that Dwight is an imbecilic musclehead.  He is an Anti-Celtic!  The Celtics through most of their Championships have been less athletic and less talented but have won on smarts, perseverance, determination, dedication and teamwork.  Dwight is good in the weight room.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
not taking sides (neutral , I'm a Boston Fan)...but with the public announcement by SVG , it sorta sets up a situation where it appears he or DH one will have to exit the Orlando Magic (a showdown of sorts...  DH is the face of the franchise and I'd doubt the owner & majority of Magic fans will want him run out of town , just my guess...

sooooooooooo...

I think SVG just forced himself out of the Orlando job.

And ..Maybe thats what he really wanted anyway... 8 years and frustration out the wazoo , maybe he should pack it in..

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
not taking sides (neutral , I'm a Boston Fan)...but with the public announcement by SVG , it sorta sets up a situation where it appears he or DH one will have to exit the Orlando Magic (a showdown of sorts...  DH is the face of the franchise and I'd doubt the owner & majority of Magic fans will want him run out of town , just my guess...

sooooooooooo...

And ..Maybe thats what he really wanted anyway... 8 years and frustration out the wazoo , maybe he should pack it in..

Yeah I dont think SVG has any desire to be part of that circus anymore.  He even said on that video if he got fired today he'd go home and find something to do.  There will be several opportunities available next season

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

sooooooooooo...

Yeah I dont think SVG has any desire to be part of that circus anymore.  He even said on that video if he got fired today he'd go home and find something to do.  There will be several opportunities available next season

That's an interesting way to audition for the Knicks job.

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Man I hope Jeff Van Gundy is doing their game this Sunday. :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 09:36:41 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
At a minimum, if everything else failed, I would of found a way to get Andrew Bynum from the Lakers.

I know the money is not even and other players would have to be included, but Bynum > nothing.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Dwight has got to be one of the biggest hypocrites in the league.  He publicly presents himself as a devout Christian, when he's really impregnating Magic Dancers out of wedlock and blatantly lying to people's faces.

The guy has gone from one of the league's good guys, to one of its scumbags.

I do not see your point here.  Sorry, DH's personal business is that personal.  IF he wants to sleep and impregnate as many Magic Dancers as he can afford, more power to him.

Christian values are a pretty poor argument to abstain from anything.  Most of the world does not believe in the outdated and socially offensive morality of the Christian Evangelical right.

And for good reason.

Also, what proof do you have?  TMZ or a reporter?  Not the most credible sources.

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »

Offline anotherbanner

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Glad we weren't trying to get this guy. He would probably tell Danny to fire Doc.

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 10:55:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i love how SVG handled it.  no BS, dont hide behind anything, and just put it out there.  it is what it is.  my respect for him went up a lot from this.

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If I was the Orlando GM I would put it out there this off-season that any team that can give me a package that includes 1. under 25 starter 2. either a top 5 pick this year or two top 15 picks. 3. Some cap relief

Examples would be

LAL get Dwight
or
NJ gets Dwight

NO or Charlotte or Washington or Clevland gets A Bynum

Orlando gets  1st (top 5) + ??? + future 1st from LA + dump some salaries
    ??? could be DJ Augustin,O Casspi,T Ariza, etc 

Another Idea would be

LA gets Dwight

Portland gets A Bynum + J Neslson

Orlando gets both portland 1sts , W Matthews, plus LA future 1st

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:28:48 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:45 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
If I was the Orlando GM I would put it out there this off-season that any team that can give me a package that includes 1. under 25 starter 2. either a top 5 pick this year or two top 15 picks. 3. Some cap relief

Examples would be

LAL get Dwight
or
NJ gets Dwight

NO or Charlotte or Washington or Clevland gets A Bynum

Orlando gets  1st (top 5) + ??? + future 1st from LA + dump some salaries
    ??? could be DJ Augustin,O Casspi,T Ariza, etc 

Another Idea would be

LA gets Dwight

Portland gets A Bynum + J Neslson

Orlando gets both portland 1sts , W Matthews, plus LA future 1st

I completely forgot about Bynum. I wonder if LA would give Orlando their two star bigs and Artest for Dwight, Nelson (this is before they got Ramon Sessions) and Turkeyglu. Would be pretty nuts for the Magic. And, as a bonus, LA could collapse with Mike's inability to manage giant personalities. Orlando would be contenders.

As for the three team trades, it is intriguing.

Orlando would be able to negotiate a lot more with a third team but would be very, very far away from a win now mode if they got firsts instead of Bynum...would they trade that slim championship possibility for a better future?

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
that was possibly the most awkward NBA moment I've ever seen.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Dwight tried to get his coach fired....that type is = team problems...it will always be the same with the type who think they are bigger than the team.