Author Topic: Stan Van Gundy: Dwight Howard has asked Orlando Magic management to fire him  (Read 16172 times)

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-05/sports/os-orlando-magic-news-0406-20120405_1_stan-van-gundy-dwight-howard-orlando-magic

Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said today that he knows that superstar center Dwight Howard asked team management to fire him, a charge that Howard denies.

“I know he has,” Van Gundy told reporters after the Magic completed their shootaround. “That’s just the way it is. Again, I’ve been dealing with that all year. It’s not anything real bothersome. You go out and do your job.”

Wow.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I mean, just wow. I got nothing. Wow.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
And minutes later Dwight Howard walked into the room, hugged SVG, and then denied the reports. Apparently he even challenged reporters over whom their source was.

I'm not making this up, just wow.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
LoL....well ..now he just sealed his fate for sure announcing something like that in public ( if its true) .  

or

this will run DH out of Orlando for sure.

I guess its an ol time show down of power

Something .... SVG can't win.   (just like the Kings and COusins)

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I mean, just wow. I got nothing. Wow.
One way or the other one of these guys is lying and it can't end pretty. I despise both of them but now I'm not sure which one more.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I'm no fan of SVG, but I doubt DH will ever win anything anywhere.  A dope.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Rumors persist that Dwight Howard demanded SVG be fired, and after a brief but heated confrontation with SVG's awesome 'stache, rescinded said demands. Link

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
What a circus down there. Time to blow it up!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This just seems to me like Stan's way of indirectly asking to be fired.  It's obvious he wants out.

You can't come out and say things like this against your star player and expect to keep your job.  Stan knows exactly what he is doing here.

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I guess this just goes to show that the only reason Howard didn't want to be traded is that he feared the team he wanted to go to would be gutted or he'd be sent somewhere he didn't want to be.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This just seems to me like Stan's way of indirectly asking to be fired.  It's obvious he wants out.

You can't come out and say things like this against your star player and expect to keep your job.  Stan knows exactly what he is doing here.

Yeah it seems like both parties are mutually sick of the situation.  And Van Gundy doesn't seem like the type to keep his mouth shut about it forever.  This might just change the firing from the end of the year to really soon.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
"I'm not sure if the  money works but: Jermaine, Bass, and a 2nd rounder. Get it done, Danny!"

-Beginning of a thread that's about to be created

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
"I'm not sure if the  money works but: Jermaine, Bass, and a 2nd rounder. Get it done, Danny!"

-Beginning of a thread that's about to be created

:D

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Theres not really much to blow up in Orlando... I honestly dont know how they've been able to win so many games. I think Howards presence alone has carried them over the years. Turk is old and slow, Anderson has had a very lucky season playing out of his mind, Nelson doesnt do it for me, Baby speaks for himself, and Redick is their best bench player which isnt saying much, richardson can score but isnt a contenders dream. If they blow it up and rebuild they wont be getting much in return.