Author Topic: Yankees will win the World Series - Guaranteed  (Read 3441 times)

Yankees will win the World Series - Guaranteed
« on: April 03, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The University of Kentucky just won its 8th NCAA championship.  The previous seven times, the New York Yankees won the World Series.  Thus, the Yankees are destined to win the World Series.  We might as well not even play the MLB season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Yankees will win the World Series - Guaranteed
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont see anyone beating the Tigers.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 06:20:42 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Mariano Rivera tears his ACL and meniscus while shagging fly balls.  I'll say this over and over- baseball players are wusses.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 07:00:29 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Mariano Rivera tears his ACL and meniscus while shagging fly balls.  I'll say this over and over- baseball players are wusses.

I'm not sure that tough guys are any more immune to ACL tears -- even without contact -- than "wusses" are.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm a Yankee's hater form way back , I sure hope not. :'(

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71

I'm not sure that tough guys are any more immune to ACL tears -- even without contact -- than "wusses" are.

They're more prone to injury than any other players in sports.  They don't strengthen their knees or condition their bodies as well as any other players.  A hamstring injury knocks a ballplayer out of commission for 2 weeks.

I just don't think they do enough cardio- that repetitive motion helps you to keep your joints moving whether it is running or biking.  They focus on lifting weights and building their muscle mass while doing nothing to their ligaments.  This is a general statement, mind you and I'm sure there are other ballplayers who incorporate cardio in their work.  I just scoffed and rolled my eyes when I heard this news.  And the Yahoo writer Jeff Passan kills me with this line-

"He tried. Lord, he tried. Rivera stood strong, on one leg, and tried to rationalize the irrational."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mariano-rivera-s-injury-puts-career-in-jeopardy.html;_ylt=ApH2Os4x1zrrzQ_FSwZ1jsI5nYcB