Poll

Can GS reach Perk's skill-level or greater?

Yes
80 (60.6%)
No
32 (24.2%)
Undecided
20 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Author Topic: Greg Stiemsma's Potential = Perk or Better?  (Read 54078 times)

Re: Greg Stiemsma's Potential = Perk or Better?
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
In order for Stiemer to fill the Perk void he needs to rebound like Perk did, I think he is a better shot blocker, certainly a better shooter and probably a better finisher inside. Perkins however is much better on ball defender against the elite centers like Dwight and Bynum.
The numbers say they're equal at the rim with Perkins haveing a better overall percentage on "inside" shots.

The question is how many of Perkin's turnovers are when he has an easy dunk and fumbles it compared to Stiemsma's. Neither is all that great at the rim for a big man anyways.
Yeah without looking at the numbers I remember perk as putting up a lot more shots inside (probably because KG went inside more which brought the big covering Perk to help, as well as playing more). However, I don't remember Stiemer fumbling as many.

Another thing that has to be noticed is Perkins developed a reputation as a good defender that lead to the officials often giving him the benefit of the doubt. Stiemsma gets no such treatment.

Stiemboat will never get the Perkins scowl down no matter how much he tries.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Greg Stiemsma's Potential = Perk or Better?
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I love this thread :)

I think Stiemsma is more of a game changer than Perkins. Against some teams he will just go off with four blocks in five minutes, effectively stopping penetration. Against the more physical big men, he will have his problems, if he doesn't get stronger. Against Bynum, Howard and a few others, I would take Perkins any day. And I'm not sure that Stiemsma will ever be able to compete in that area. In all other aspects, his potential is imo better than Perk, which doesn't mean that he will get there.