Author Topic: CJ Miles Next year?  (Read 3392 times)

CJ Miles Next year?
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
According to Gary Washburn...

Gary Washburn
Also In Basketball
Look for the #celtics to take a long look at Utah's CJ Miles this summer. He is an unrestricted free agent and shouldn't ask for ridiculous money

http://www.sulia.com/channel/boston-celtics/f/d2db9e12-14ba-46d8-90de-7cf423e48402/?source=twitter

Re: CJ Miles Next year?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
CJ Miles has improved quite a bit since his early years. A pretty solid two guard nowadays. Nothing that would excite you but about average.

I'd rather keep Mikael Pietrus than bring in CJ Miles. CJ would make a nice backup for Pietrus though if Ray Allen leaves the Celtics.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
ESPN lists Miles as a SF (he's 6-6), and he usually plays SF for Utah, with Gordon Hayward at the 2. I know less about Miles, but as of now I'd rather re-sign Jeff Green to play SF than bring on Miles, and I'd also rather have Pietrus back to play the 2 (and sometimes the 3) than Miles.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
ESPN lists Miles as a SF (he's 6-6), and he usually plays SF for Utah, with Gordon Hayward at the 2. I know less about Miles, but as of now I'd rather re-sign Jeff Green to play SF than bring on Miles, and I'd also rather have Pietrus back to play the 2 (and sometimes the 3) than Miles.

I think that Miles is the better athlete of the 3 and that may be the point.  However, there's nothing keeping them from getting at least 2 of the 3 (between Green, Pietrus and Miles).  None should be that expensive dollar wise...

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I think that Miles is the better athlete of the 3 and that may be the point.  However, there's nothing keeping them from getting at least 2 of the 3 (between Green, Pietrus and Miles).  None should be that expensive dollar wise...

You think Miles is a better athlete than Green?

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 04:08:12 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

You're right: None of them should command big money, and we already know that Green and Pietrus love being a part of the Celtics family, so that's good news. And I certainly wouldn't mind further improvements in the team's athleticism (Miles).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »

Offline ChiefDK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

I think that Miles is the better athlete of the 3 and that may be the point.  However, there's nothing keeping them from getting at least 2 of the 3 (between Green, Pietrus and Miles).  None should be that expensive dollar wise...

You're right: None of them should command big money, and we already know that Green and Pietrus love being a part of the Celtics family, so that's good news. And I certainly wouldn't mind further improvements in the team's athleticism (Miles).

CJ Miles is terrible. Extremely low shooting%..37.4%.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
With Petey and Green at the 3 slot behind Pierce I dont think we would need or have room for Miles. A player who plays the same position as the three of those guys but isnt as good as the three of those guys.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
With Petey and Green at the 3 slot behind Pierce I dont think we would need or have room for Miles. A player who plays the same position as the three of those guys but isnt as good as the three of those guys.

Well here's another beat writer that think they will go after him....

A. Sherrod Blakely‏@SherrodbCSNReply
RT @seancoachevers: @SherrodbCSN do you think the celtics will go after C.J. Miles this summer-> I do. He would be a decent pick-up.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
eww mane we need some type of scoring wit the free agent crop this summer