Author Topic: Early Declarers for the Draft  (Read 26578 times)

Re: Early Declarers for the Draft
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 06:50:58 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
From the Celtics' perspective, it's disappointing that BJ Young, Tony Mitchell and Quincy Miller won't be in the draft.  It's three talented guys who won't be available with the Celtics/Clippers picks and it makes the draft much shallower.  This draft is pretty overrated to begin with and now it's even more so.

Of the three players, I'm most disappointed about BJ Young.  If the NCAA hadn't been its hypocritical self and instituted a self-serving new, early draft deadline, I think he would've so impressed during workouts that he would have stayed in.  On the basis of his outstanding athleticism, skills and high school pedigree, he's a first rounder.  He's such a talented player.  He reminds me a lot of George Hill but with superior passing ability that could make him a fulltime point guard.

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Didn't see this in here anywhere, but Jeremy "don't call me Doron" Lamb is in:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7796428/jeremy-lamb-connecticut-huskies-declares-nba-draft

Looking like a high-to-mid lottery pick at this point.

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
I've been high on Tony Mitchell all year, and thought he looked like a steal. Bummer to see him and Quincy Miller withdraw, but probably the right move for both of them, definitely for Mitchell.

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2012, 09:23:49 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Andre Drummond is officially in...
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-andre-drummond-nba-decision-20120412,0,914057.story?track=rss

Abandon ship in Connecticut!!!

nbadraft.net released a mock draft 3.0 as of 9pm last night, here are the Celtics picks:

#21 Festus Ezeli 6-11 255 PF/C Vanderbilt Sr
*Ezeli never broke out as a star at Vanderbilt, but there are few bigmen with his combination of size, strength, fluidity and touch. He is a bit of a reach here, but with Boston's aging frontcourt, a young bigman that can provide strength and toughness down low would be a welcomed addition.
NBA Comparison: Mark West

#25 Andrew Nicholson 6-9 240 PF St. Bonaventure Sr.
*Nicholson might ultimately go quite a bit higher than this as he's one of the more polished post players available. Boston continues to bolster their aging frontcourt by adding a player with readiness and potential.
NBA Comparison: Craig Brackins

Interesting as i haven't heard of either of these guys on the C's radar.  Ezeli seems like an interesting option.  In their mock, Meyers Leonard goes #19 and Royce White #24.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2012, 12:42:19 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
#25 Andrew Nicholson 6-9 240 PF St. Bonaventure Sr.
*Nicholson might ultimately go quite a bit higher than this as he's one of the more polished post players available. Boston continues to bolster their aging frontcourt by adding a player with readiness and potential.
NBA Comparison: Craig Brackins

Craig Brackins?

That's like saying, he's a third year declined team option / rotational play in the Italian league.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
To the surprise of absolutely no one, Kentucky's entire starting 5 is officially in:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7825727/kentucky-wildcats-starting-five-declares-nba-draft