Author Topic: Early Declarers for the Draft  (Read 26587 times)

Re: Early Declarers for the Draft
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 11:50:18 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
According to that previously mentioned link, here are a few household-name "50-50" guys...

Cody Zeller 6-11 235 PF/C Indiana Fr. Lottery pick.
Peyton Siva 5-11 170 PG Louisville Jr. Late second round to (likely) undrafted.
Shabazz Napier 6-1 181 PG UConn So. Late second round to (likely) undrafted.
Mason Plumlee 6-10 235 PF/C Duke Jr. Late first to early second round.
James McAdoo 6-9 220 SF/PF UNC Fr. Late lotto to mid first round.
CJ McCollom 6-3 185 PG/SG Lehigh Jr. Second round to undrafted.
John Jenkins 6-4 185 SG Vanderbilt Jr. Late first to second round.
Tim Hardaway Jr 6-5 190 SG Michigan So. Second round to undrafted.
Reggie Bullock 6-5 180 SG North Carolina So. Second round to undrafted.

Gotta imagine next years draft will be pretty solid too if a large majority of these guys decide to wait it out a year...

Looks like CJ McCollom will declare for the draft but will not hire an agent.

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/mbball/mccollum_declares_for_nba_draft_to_explore_professional_possibilities.aspx

I would love it if we could get him with the Bucks pick. He could add some much needed playmaking ability to the 2nd unit.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Anyone know when the Kentucky starting 5 is going to officially declare?

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Anyone know when the Kentucky starting 5 is going to officially declare?

Nope.  The reports kept saying "after the title game" but no timetable.  I'm sure we'll hear about their decisions within the next day or two...which should also impact the decisions of numerous other fence-sitters.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Key Dates:

• NCAA Deadline for players to withdraw and maintain NCAA eligibility - April 10th.
  • NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET) - April 29th.
  • NBA Draft Early Entrant (International) Withdrawal Deadline (5:00 p.m. ET) - June 18th.
  • NBA Draft - June 28th.

You what I take away from this?  The NCAA sucks.  What sense does it make for the NCAA deadline to withdraw being before the NBA dealine to enter the draft?  Is the NCAA purposely trying to screw with players?  How is a potential early entrant supposed to get a reasonable assertation of where they stand in regards to draft position under these circumstances?

I love watching Duke play, and always root for them, but hate the NCAA as an orginization.
The national letter intent day begins April 11.  Thus, the reason for the April 10 deadline.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
BJ Young's a really interesting guy. I think he'll end up being a first rounder for sure, maybe even a mid-first rounder. He's a very good athlete with excellent quickness and speed but he can also really shoot.  I didn't see a lot of weaknesses.  There might be a question of whether he's a point or not but the times I watched him play, he can pass and is a good decison maker off picks.  He has the necessary handle and I think the vision is there too.  He'd be someone I wouldn't mind the Celtics getting.

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sullinger's officially in:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7774756/jared-sullinger-ohio-state-buckeyes-announce-entering-draft-source-says

I think he's being severely underrated right now.  Would love to see him slip to us.

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7774756/jared-sullinger-ohio-state-buckeyes-announce-entering-draft-source-says

I think he's being severely underrated right now.  Would love to see him slip to us.

EH I think he is too undersized and not athletic enough to be more than a better BBD/dujuan blair type. Whithey and Robinson(who is the same size,but much more athletic) dominated him.

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

EH I think he is too undersized and not athletic enough to be more than a better BBD/dujuan blair type. Whithey and Robinson(who is the same size,but much more athletic) dominated him.

Dajuan Blair would be a huge boon to us..but Sullinger measured 6'10 (in shoes), with a 7'1 wingspan

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Dajuan Blair would be a huge boon to us..but Sullinger measured 6'10 (in shoes), with a 7'1 wingspan

and he still has ACLs, no?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

I am expecting Sullinger to be a Z-Bo or Boozer type.

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 02:33:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I doubt he will, but I'd be very excited if he did.

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Trey Burke is expected to go, but hasn't declared yet.  Kid would be an absolute steal for anyone, averaged 15, 5, and 4 as a freshman PG for Michigan.

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10

Sullinger is not 6'10, there's no way a 6'10 guy would have that much trouble getting up shots on Robert Sacre. Sullinger is probaby 6'8

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Apparently Goodman has Burke likely to declare.  I can't believe it.  While he had an impressive freshman year, it wasn't a dominating year and his physical tools and current skill level aren't really noteworthy.  He's an undersized point guard with average physical tools for his NBA position.

Trying to understand his reasoning, maybe he's trying to take advantage of a weak point guard crop.  He's never going to be thought of as a stellar NBA prospect no matter how long he stays in college so maybe he's trying to take advantage of this draft right now.  On the other hand, next year's draft is also supposed to be weak on points. 

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.