Author Topic: Ronny Turiaf signs with Miami  (Read 3920 times)

Re: Ronny Turiaf signs with Miami
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Nice pick-up for the Heat.  Doesn't really give them anything they don't already have with Anthony (a little more size and finishing ability), but he keeps their sketchy back-up centers out of the rotation.

Boston definitely could have used him.  All my hopes are in somehow getting Diaw now.

Yeah Anthony is a bit banged up right now, they had Dexter Pittman get extended run the other night.  He's still a D-leaguer at this point in his career.  Probably the ideal fit for Turiaf, but i'm still holding out hope for Evans anyways.

I'm really not seeing the reason for the Clips to buy him out.  He played 14 minutes for them last night, and they don't have any rotation bigs lying in wait behind him. 

Unless they have the hots for Ryan Hollins or some such newly minted free agent, I just don't see it.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Nice pick-up for the Heat.  Doesn't really give them anything they don't already have with Anthony (a little more size and finishing ability), but he keeps their sketchy back-up centers out of the rotation.

Boston definitely could have used him.  All my hopes are in somehow getting Diaw now.

Yeah Anthony is a bit banged up right now, they had Dexter Pittman get extended run the other night.  He's still a D-leaguer at this point in his career.  Probably the ideal fit for Turiaf, but i'm still holding out hope for Evans anyways.

I'm really not seeing the reason for the Clips to buy him out.  He played 14 minutes for them last night, and they don't have any rotation bigs lying in wait behind him. 

Unless they have the hots for Ryan Hollins or some such newly minted free agent, I just don't see it.
Exactly why are people saying he's getting bought out? Wasn't he given the MLE why would they do that?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Exactly why are people saying he's getting bought out? Wasn't he given the MLE why would they do that?

Apparently a GM is telling reporters that Boston is hoping he'll be bought out.  Don't know if there's any substance to that hope.

Anyways, Evans was signed to the minimum.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
Excellent signing for Miami. Their bench is very impressive now:

C - Turiaf
PF - Haslem
SF - Shane Battier, James Jones
SG - Mike Miller
PG - Norris Cole

That backup PG slot is the only position where they don't have a well above average talent (bench wise).

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Miami is getting scarier and scarier slowly adding depth.  Now they own his rights they can re-sign him at a higher salary next season