Author Topic: Boris Diaw bought out  (Read 6593 times)

Re: Boris Diaw bought out
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Diaw is interesting.  He could be a good pickup to fill the backup PF spot.

Just checking his game log this season; he had a 16pt/16reb game against Miami, a 19pt/10reb game against NYK, and a 21pt/10reb game against Washington earlier this season.  He has also had 4 15pt+ games and 2 20pt+ games.  He's also had a good number of games with less than 5pts/5reb in over 25 minutes.

Bottom line is, he's inconsistent but capable; which is about in line with his performances from previous seasons.  He's only 6'8" though, so he's not really going to help us at C.  Good back-up PF though, who could fill in as a starting PF if Bass goes down.

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 11:51:16 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Actually give me turiaf and diaw! Diaw relieves bass turiaf and steamer backup kg.. I'm for that have pietrus diaw and turriaf as the flying frenchmen!

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Depending on how you classify KG (PF or C)our need could be for either a starting center or a starting PF.  Based on the available people out there, the PF options are a lot better than the C options.  So I say keep KG as our starting center, Steims as the back up and pick up someone to be the 3rd C.

For the PF rotation, Hickson or Diaw are much better players than any of the available centers so get one of them if you can.  Either could even be the starter with Bass going back to coming off the bench.  A front line of Diaw and KG is much better than KG and say Fesenko.  It would only hurt the team to try and move KG back to PF.

For the balance of KG's career, he is going to be much more valuable as a C.  Think of some of the 7-foot stiffs that have hung around the NBA.  It seems that PF demands a little more athleticism which KG has lost or will continue to lose. It is like when an older shortstop has to move to 3rd or 1st.  Get used to it KG, you are a center now.  Teams will pay for 24 minutes of serviceable center (think Perk).

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Its a low risk high reward SIGN HIM!
Maybe Pietrus could convince his french friend  ;D?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Keep KG at Center, Keep his minutes low going into the playoffs. I like our chances against teams with him at C and Diaw and Turiaf off the bench thats actually a pretty good bench.

Bradly
Pietrus
Diaw
Turiaf
Steam

Could go big like that our small with a dooling bradly combo but we all know how that works...

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'd rather a big like him with skills than a questionable young guy with possible attitude. 
kg & steamer at center  turiaf 3rd string
bass, diaw and turiaf pf

i can live with that, get pp & ray hitting all aspects of their game and we are ready for playoffs

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Turiaf signs with the Heat, people.

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 03:04:34 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Its a low risk high reward SIGN HIM!
Maybe Pietrus could convince his french friend  ;D?

I dunno how much of a connection there would be other than language considering diaw is from France and pietrus is from Guadeloupe...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?