Author Topic: Boris Diaw bought out  (Read 6591 times)

Boris Diaw bought out
« on: March 21, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Charlotte just bought out Boris Diaw contract.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Boris Diaw bought out
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Think the Celtics will go after him? They have not got a big yet and may be waiting on him.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
A couple of folks in the media have already started to talk about Diaw to the Celtics like it's a done deal.  I can see him signing in Miami, though; he'd be a good fit for them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
John Hollinger- "Have a feeling Boston will roll out the red buffet tablecloth for Boris."

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 09:17:36 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
A couple of folks in the media have already started to talk about Diaw to the Celtics like it's a done deal.  I can see him signing in Miami, though; he'd be a good fit for them.
nah he wants to team up with fellow frenchman  ;)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:24:18 AM by rondohondo »

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
A couple of folks in the media have already started to talk about Diaw to the Celtics like it's a done deal.  I can see him signing in Miami, though; he'd be a good fit for them.
Yeah he'd give them another option to plug in the Joel Anthony role if they needed an offensive player in that spot.

Hopefully the C's get him, he's been pretty bad this year but I'd rather have a flexible big man like him than 7 foot plodders like Hollins/Kryl. Though getting two of the three is probably our best case scenario no matter which ones.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 09:22:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Hopefully the C's get him, he's been pretty bad this year but I'd rather have a flexible big man like him than 7 foot plodders like Hollins/Kryl. Though getting two of the three is probably our best case scenario no matter which ones.

Yeah, I know a lot of fans are rooting for Reggie Evans, but I like the Diaw / Hollins combo.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Yeah, I know a lot of fans are rooting for Reggie Evans, but I like the Diaw / Hollins combo.

I'd still prefer Evans to Diaw, but Diaw is certainly a decent backup opotion

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Didn't Diaw plug the gap at center for Phoenix for half a season or something?

Pietrus, Diaw, Turiaf?  have they all played together on the French national team together and Danny is hoping they'll fit?
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Evans is clearly a better rebounder, but he's much worse on offense, much worse at passing, and much worse on defense.

I haven't read up on it, but why is a playoff contender cutting a rotation player like Evans, anyway?  The Clips must not be terribly enamored by his contributions.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Evans is clearly a better rebounder, but he's much worse on offense, much worse at passing, and much worse on defense.

I haven't read up on it, but why is a playoff contender cutting a rotation player like Evans, anyway?  The Clips must not be terribly enamored by his contributions.

But our biggest weakness without question is rebounding....

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »

Offline MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Getting Diaw would be great. Wouldn't really solve our rebounding problems, but we would be able to run some of the offense through him with the second unit which would really help given that Bradley isn't really a point guard.

Not really excited about Hollins though, his rebounding numbers are awful. Turiaf isn't much better, but at least he provides more of a shot blocking presence and better passing which again would help our second unit that's playing without a true pg. Plus having the French trio of Pietrus/Diaw/Turiaf off the bench would be interesting.

Don't see Evans getting bought out, he played 14 minutes for them last night off the bench and they don't really have another big besides KMart coming off the bench. But if somehow does get released, I would love for us to get him along with Diaw or Turiaf.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I had the same question, I wonder if he asked for a buyout because most of his minutes are probably going to Kevin Martin.

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Is there a maximum we can offer him?
If we cut Wilcox/JO how much can we offer him compared to other teams?
Would be great if we could get him and have him drop 30 pounds before the playoffs.

GO GET DIAW AND FESENKO NOW!

All though from what I'm reading he is leaning toward San Antonio  (he was Tony Parker's best man). I wonder if he's tight with Pietrus?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Everytime buyout season comes around I think of the old sketch from MadTV:

"Lowered Expectations"