Author Topic: UMass Basketball  (Read 3109 times)

UMass Basketball
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:49:25 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
For the Western Mass folks here on the blog...how major was that game last night?!  I know it's only the NIT but UMass has been beating some teams who were on the NCAA bubble.  Mississippi State, Seton Hall and now coming back from a 17-point second half deficit to beat Drexel!  Snapped a 18 game home winning streak too and beat their old coach in Bruiser Flint.  I have a soft spot for the guy though, he presented to me the "Most Improved Player" award at his UMass basketball camp when I was a teen and he's genuinely nice guy.

But moving on to the Nevada/Stanford matchup.  I'm excited for either team as it'll be a foe that the Minutemen haven't faced in a long time and we might have an advantage over them as either team would have to travel cross country to MSG for the game.

Go UMass!

Re: UMass Basketball
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 08:21:20 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
That game was huge. This is the most fun I've had being a umass fan since I was in middle school for the camby years. The whole team plays so hard and Chaz is a true leader. 

The greatest thing about this team is the prospect of next season. Umass will only lose 1 player from the current rotation Sean Carter and will have 2 young bigs taking his place. They also will get Sampson Carter back who was previously a starter. Next season this team has the potential to make the tournament and really push for a 1st round win.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:15:29 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Ever since that Temple game during the A-10 tourney, UMass has been playing some of the most exciting and nail biting basketball that i've watched in quite some time. 

Last night's game was just awesome.  I think i'm going to be a big Maxie Esho fan for the next few years.  How does a kid that big/athletic/talented end up at UMass? haha.  One of the more impressive freshman i've seen in a whiiile on this team.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
GForbz3 (Gary Forbes)
S/O to #ZooMass tonight at MSG. I know we gunna represent... #UmassNation

Big game tonight v. Stanford! ESPN2 @ 7pm.  Another chance to witness some of the most entertaining basketball you'll see all year!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes