Author Topic: Real news to bring???  (Read 8977 times)

Re: Real news to bring???
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
Let's face it, most of the time the pretend news is much more interesting than the real news. That's why we're all here.

TP!

I bet 99% of the posters on this site would love to be GM of the Celtics.

I don't know about you all, but this is as close as I'm going to get.
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
When I'm frustrated about the C's or life in general, I just send IP a ton of hate mail :P

It does wonders for the soul.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
When I'm frustrated about the C's or life in general, I just send IP a ton of hate mail :P

It does wonders for the soul.

You're "iStoleYourCat33"? Your ransom demands are ridiculous. You take good care of 'Mister Notorious C-A-T' until you become a little more reasonable.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
To the OP -- since you've been a fan for 28 years I know you well remember the days before blogs, the days before the internet.  You probably remember the days before Sports Radio and you remember the long off-seasons with no news at all.

The age of high-speed communication is upon us and we are all adjusting to the reality that is also the age of high-speed miscommunication and speculation.  To be able to talk/read C's year round is a great gift despite the redundancies and unfounded rumors.  It is frustrating not to get solid news but the oft-senseless banter is better that the nothing we'd otherwise get.   the only time I get turned off is when the negativity dominates.  Isn't it great (or perhaps pathetic ;)) that despite the C's mediocrity folks are generating hopeful discussion around Dan Gaduric and Ronnie Turiaf?

And previous posters are right on -- when there is real news, this is the best and fastest C's resource around.

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 12:58:10 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I am new on this forum, and so glad I found this forum, I love everyone's  input on the real or the Internet fake rumors, not like the espn forums, glad to be part of this group we have

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 01:18:15 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I am new on this forum, and so glad I found this forum, I love everyone's  input on the real or the Internet fake rumors, not like the espn forums, glad to be part of this group we have

Yeah the ESPN comment sections are the most ridiculous garbage ever.  Sometimes the rules here get me a little irritated, but the enviroment really is light years better because of the rules.  Actual discussion is allowed to develope, not sensless flame-wars.

If I have to deal with a few baseless rumors, or even absurd opinions, to get the good stuff, I consider it a small price to pay.