Author Topic: Warriors to sign J.J. Hickson  (Read 4566 times)

Re: Warriors to sign J.J. Hickson
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I just dont get this move.
He would also get alot of PT here in Boston with all the Injuries we have. He would only play behind Bass?? And even get some Min at the C spot.

Btw i saw this;
The Celtics expressed interest in Sacramento forward J.J. Hickson before the trade deadline, but he won’t be coming to Boston after the Kings bought him out Monday. An NBA source said Hickson has targeted a team, and it’s not the Celtics
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I just dont get this move.
He would also get alot of PT here in Boston with all the Injuries we have. He would only play behind Bass?? And even get some Min at the C spot.

Btw i saw this;
The Celtics expressed interest in Sacramento forward J.J. Hickson before the trade deadline, but he won’t be coming to Boston after the Kings bought him out Monday. An NBA source said Hickson has targeted a team, and it’s not the Celtics

I saw that too. Perhaps the "NBA source" is Hoopsrumors?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 01:19:30 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
But Scott didn’t care much about the six victories as much as he did the mental lapses that caused Hickson to turn the ball over five times in 20 minutes. Hickson still doesn’t know the Princeton offense, Scott said, and he’s quickly running out of time. ‘He’s one we’re counting on to play a major role in what we’re doing. Right now, from an offensive standpoint, he’s not understanding what we’re trying to do,’ Scott said. ‘That’s disappointing, especially as much as we go through it every day.’ Scott has been passively trying to motivate Hickson throughout training camp. He said last week the starting job at forward was his to lose, and that if he demonstrated an ability to stay focused on defense, he would start. If he didn’t, Antawn Jamison would start.”

(From SLAM Magazine interview with Byron Scott during Hickson's time in Cleveland)

I just don't think Hickson is a head strong player. If he can't cut it rebuilding situations in Cleveland or Sacramento, I don't see him succeeding here.

Especially at this point of the season, we need a quick study to learn the defensive rotations and fit in. Not a project...
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 12:26:45 AM »

Offline Crayfish

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 2
Of course he has issues, he's been waived rather than traded or played.  But, the fact remains he's still going to be the best option available, unless Kaman gets bought out.  And even if that happens, we could still make a play for him too.