Author Topic: Duke is about to lose to a 15-seed  (Read 9962 times)

Duke is about to lose to a 15-seed
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Mason Plumlee has had an amazing game.  Everyone else has stunk.  Austin River is Duke's second best player tonight but is coming up small (4-for-11), and Seth Curry has been atrocious (1-for-9).

Unlike a lot of folks, I like Duke.  However, they've definitely choked tonight.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Duke is about to lose to a 15-seed
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:40:09 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just a CRAZY day...wow.

First Norfolk State - now Lehigh??

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I don't mind Duke myself Roy.  I'm a Coach K fan, fan of Austin Rivers because of his Daddy, and grew up knowing Alex Murphy a red-shirt freshman for them.  So I wouldn't mind have minded Duke winning.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think it's safe to say Rivers will be returning to Duke for his soph year and he needs to, definitely not NBA ready, though he has a ton of potential

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
There goes my bracket... Mizzou and Duke  ::)

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
mizz and duke killed me as well... oh well, this is why its impossible to have a perfect bracket

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
so maybe austin rivers stock drops a little now? to our pick range
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
IMO the difference from mid majors nd powerhouses aint dat large as it used to be due to all the 1 nd done players leavin nd the actual chemistry nd team play of the smaller schools. Plus players at the powerhouses aint even skilled like they used to be

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I doubt he even enters the NBA draft now, what's the point if he's not going to be a lottery pick. Not like he needs the money , his pops is loaded

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I am LOVING this....duke is my all time least favorite college basketball team (full disclosure..I'm a UConn fan).  LeHigh deserved to win, no doubt.  They outplayed the blue devils.

I gotta say, Austin Rivers has left me underwhelmed.  I've seen him play probably 4-5 times this season, and I admit that's not a lot and I also realize he is only a freshman. He's certainly talented, but to me he hardly looks like an elite NBA player that some suggest.  Remember before the college season started people (which people?  internet people.) were predicting he would be the overall #1 pick in the draft.  He can certainly shoot, but he doesn't look like much of PG to me...more of SG who lacks elite NBA athletic ability.  His feet and lateral quickness look slow too.

I admit....he's a frosh and could improve.  If anything I hope he comes back for another year at least in college since it would benefit him and he certainly doesn't need the $$$ with Doc as his dad.  But I just don't see the elite NBA talent that others claim.

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Watched Duke get smashed couple times this year. They don't have alot going on inside the paint.
Rivers needs to stay in College and graduate.  His daddy can aford to support him till he graduates

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 09:49:56 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Agreed. Graduate.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Duke hasn't been a supreme program for over 5 years. No one will listen because they won the tournament in 2010, but that tournament was one of the flukiest ever and they coasted through a wide open bracket using a 7' (Zoubek) that no one could box out beating mid-major Butler for the title. And Austin Rivers, the hype is an absolute joke. He has a lot to learn. Needs to stay 3 years at least...would not touch him in THIS YEAR'S draft with a ten foot pole.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Hurt my bracket too. Had Duke and Missouri. Amazing that you've had 4 15 seeds win before today and then two TONIGHT!

Go Detroit, make it 3.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 09:55:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I doubt he even enters the NBA draft now, what's the point if he's not going to be a lottery pick. Not like he needs the money , his pops is loaded

Because he would likely have interest in playing for us and the C's are sitting pretty with 2 1st rd picks and a 2nd. We have the assets (picks), resources (ownership willing to spend), need (need a 2 guard to replace Ray eventually), and motivation (Doc would probably want to coach Austin) to get it done.