Author Topic: Epic Fail  (Read 21072 times)

Epic Fail
« on: March 15, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
So no help on the bench, no help with a big. Remind me why I should bother watching this team get knocked out of the 2nd round of the playoffs this year?

So many other teams made deals we could have made. Denver got Mcgee for a pile of dust. Seriously?

Was Danny just not trading so he can shed the "Trader Danny" nick-name?

We will have a ton of money to spend on who exactly this off-season?

Great job Boston. I am looking forward towards to years of barely .500 ball. If I wanted that I could save money, drop league pass and watch The Rockets here in Houston for free on local cable.

Re: Epic Fail
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
So no help on the bench, no help with a big. Remind me why I should bother watching this team get knocked out of the 2nd round of the playoffs this year?

So many other teams made deals we could have made. Denver got Mcgee for a pile of dust. Seriously?

Great job Boston. I am looking forward towards to years of barely .500 ball. If I wanted that I could save money, drop league pass and watch The Rockets here in Houston for free on local cable.
you're dead wrong man.

We're getting knocked out in the 1st round.  

But it's ok, because we have 25 million in cap space that we can split up amongst stars like Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Brandon Bass and Jeff Green.  So we'll be back on top in no time.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

you're dead wrong man.

But it's ok, because we have 25 million in cap space that we can split up amongst stars like Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Brandon Bass and Jeff Green.  So we'll be back on top in no time.

May I ask what you would have done as General Manager before the deadline?

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

you're dead wrong man.

Why do you think Ainge will sign those players?

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

you're dead wrong man.

Because it's our best available option.   Think we're better off giving OJ MAyo a max deal and having 8 million left over to give Chris Kaman?  (saying goodbye to KG, Ray, Bass and Jeff Green in the process)?

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
We are winning squat this year and even less next year. I am shocked Ainge could not get something for Allen. Just pathetic.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

you're dead wrong man.

Because it's our best available option.   Think we're better off giving OJ MAyo a max deal and having 8 million left over to give Chris Kaman?  (saying goodbye to KG, Ray, Bass and Jeff Green in the process)?

OJ Mayo's not getting a max deal from Boston or anyone else.  But what if you sign him, Kaman, Green and Bass to reasonable deals, then resign KG and Ray at a discount?  That's what Ainge has the ability to do this offseason.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 04:11:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

you're dead wrong man.

But it's ok, because we have 25 million in cap space that we can split up amongst stars like Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Brandon Bass and Jeff Green.  So we'll be back on top in no time.

May I ask what you would have done as General Manager before the deadline?

Traded Ray to Chicago for their psuedo-expiring contracts (Korver, Watson and Brewer don't have guaranteed deals next year... any two would have been enough salary to make it work) and picked up a late 1st rounder from them.

And traded Pierce for cap space and a draft pick.  Indiana would have worked.

HOwever, to be fair... I'm starting to accept that neither Pierce or Ray have that kind of trade value anymore.  They are on a par with Chris Kaman at this point in terms of trade value.   So this is much ado about nothing.  We're in basketball hell.  Kinda like the early 90s Celtics.  Maybe in another 20 years we'll return to relevance.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

you're dead wrong man.

So you've already seen a list of players available in trades over the next year?

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

you're dead wrong man.

OJ Mayo's not getting a max deal from Boston or anyone else.  But what if you sign him, Kaman, Green and Bass to reasonable deals, then resign KG and Ray at a discount?  That's what Ainge has the ability to do this offseason.

Mike

Tell me how you'd split up the 25 million to do that.  Are they all taking 5 million each?  Memphis isn't going to match that?  Keep dreaming.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »

Offline Cap!

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
We are winning squat this year and even less next year. I am shocked Ainge could not get something for Allen. Just pathetic.

What were you going to get for Ray that would help us win this year?

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

you're dead wrong man.

But it's ok, because we have 25 million in cap space that we can split up amongst stars like Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Brandon Bass and Jeff Green.  So we'll be back on top in no time.

Because it's our best available option.   Think we're better off giving OJ MAyo a max deal and having 8 million left over to give Chris Kaman?  (saying goodbye to KG, Ray, Bass and Jeff Green in the process)?
I could see us signing all KG,Ray & Green for 1 yr. 5mils. Then position yourself for Dwight again in 13' And even Lebron can walk in 13' also so I would hold cap space & play that card for when Pierce retires. That's massive cap space.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Because you are a fan of the team, win or lose?  Or are you only a fan of the team when you expect them to win a title?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »

Offline Cap!

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3

you're dead wrong man.

OJ Mayo's not getting a max deal from Boston or anyone else.  But what if you sign him, Kaman, Green and Bass to reasonable deals, then resign KG and Ray at a discount?  That's what Ainge has the ability to do this offseason.

Mike

Tell me how you'd split up the 25 million to do that.  Are they all taking 5 million each?  Memphis isn't going to match that?  Keep dreaming.

Where are you getting 25? Garnett and Ray alone count for 30. Throw in O'neal and you have more.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

you're dead wrong man.

Because it's our best available option.   Think we're better off giving OJ MAyo a max deal and having 8 million left over to give Chris Kaman?  (saying goodbye to KG, Ray, Bass and Jeff Green in the process)?
I could see us signing all KG,Ray & Green for 1 yr. 5mils. Then position yourself for Dwight again in 13' And even Lebron can walk in 13' also so I would hold cap space & play that card for when Pierce retires. That's massive cap space.
it's a fair plan.  Then at the very least they could have gone out and traded some expiring contracts and draft picks for a big man so we don't have to suffer through losing games purely due to size for the next two years.   If your plan is to set us up for cap space two years from now... then pick up guys signed for 2 more years.  

This was a massive failure.  Very disappointed.