Author Topic: Building around Evans or Rondo (trade idea)??  (Read 2012 times)

Building around Evans or Rondo (trade idea)??
« on: March 13, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
With the Kings indicating that they arnt happy with Evans progress and now consider Cousins to be there franchises corner stone it has lead me to the question, Would we be better off building around Evans then Rondo?

Evans is 22 averaging 15pts 5rb 5  assists
Rondo is 26 averaging 14pts 5rb 10 assists

Evans is really very similar to D Wade, just look at there physical measurements pre draft and there early career productivity.

I would propose a trade similar to this if Evans is the answer, I'm not sold on Evans over rondo but if Evans is the answer then this is what I would do..

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7t2je47

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=783zy76

Boston gets T Evans and J Thompson (could be replaced with Hickson) from Sac

Sac gets Rondo and Dooling (may have to be Bass to get the deal done)

then I added the Dallas trade

Boston gets Odom and Beubois

Dallas gets Jo and Wilcox (plus probably clippers pick) or get sac to send Hickson to Dallas

I would then like to see Evans play the starting SG role with Ray coming off the bench and Aver and Beubois rotating at PG. I think Evans will be best suited defending SGs while essentially playing the point. Avery and Beabious can play off the ball and defend PGs.

If Bass is moved then Odom becomes or starting PF with KG at Center. Thompson gives the Cs good size off the bench and puts them in a position to try him out to possibly resign him this off season.

If KG and Ray retire 2013 possibly looks like this (I believe even with odom on the books the Cs still have 20 mill in cap space)

C Thompson (resign 6mill?)
PF Odom, JJJ
SF Pierce, J Green (resign 6 mill)
SG Evans, Avery
PG Beabious, Avery

this leaves us with 8.5 mill and 2 first round picks (if one isn't sent to dallas to fill out our roster.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:38:05 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Building around Evans or Rondo (trade idea)??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Hate Tyreke Evans; he's a homeless man's Allen Iverson who needs the ball just as much. He's not a player you can make the playoffs with, never mind build around.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 09:59:00 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
absolutely terrible

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Hate Tyreke Evans; he's a homeless man's Allen Iverson

He has never really been given a chance to show what kind of player he can be. His team right now starts 3 shooting guards! I would be interested to see how he plays surrounded by a veteran team (think what D Wade had early in his career).

I also wasn't saying that I would definitely trade Rondo for Evans. However this is a trade that Danny would have to give some consideration. Remember Evans is only 22. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Hate Tyreke Evans; he's a homeless man's Allen Iverson

He has never really been given a chance to show what kind of player he can be. His team right now starts 3 shooting guards! I would be interested to see how he plays surrounded by a veteran team (think what D Wade had early in his career).

And a terrifically skilled young center who he often refuses to run the offense through.

You're suggestion is to bring in a flawed, unproven player for a proven young all-star on a good contract. I don't like the idea. I'm by no means against trading Rondo, but absolutely not for Tyreke Evans.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I would like evans if it cost us someone who hadn't Rondo. Since sacto probably doesn't accept a package without him I wouldn't try to get him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
And a terrifically skilled young center who he often refuses to run the offense through.

Skilled but problematic.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Evans isn't in the same neighborhood as Rondo.

He's a shoot-first guard who does very little to make the players around him better in contrast to Rondo.

You can build a winner with Rondo as a complementary piece.  I'm very hesistant to say the same about Evans. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Skilled but problematic.

Those issues shouldn't stop Evans from getting him the ball at the right times/spots on the court.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 10:38:48 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
it already does!

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I like Evans if he can be had cheap but you don't trade an all-star for a guy that might be an all-star someday if he improves his game and consistency.

I've read that he has very little work ethic and that kind of shows with such little, if any, improvement from his rookie year.

Evans has the ability to be awesome but so did guys like Tim Thomas, Eddy Curry, and any other player that failed to put in the work necessary to go to the next level.