Author Topic: Gody takes the d-league by storm  (Read 7079 times)

Gody takes the d-league by storm
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Old Celtics friend makes good in the d-league:

Harangody, Sloan Named D-League Players Of The Week
Mar 12, 2012 3:44 PM EDT

Luke Harangody, on assignment from the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Canton Charge, and Donald Sloan of the Erie BayHawks were today named NBA Development League Co-Performers of the Week for games played March 5-11. 

Harangody, averaged 24.3 points and 14.3 rebounds while shooting 62 percent from the floor as Canton went 3-0 on the week.  He began the week with double-doubles (March 8 at Springfield and March 10 vs. Maine) before finishing the week with a 30-point game (March 11 vs. Reno). 

Sloan averaged 22.0 points, 8.5 assists and 6.0 rebounds last week when the BayHawks went 2-0.  He finished with his best game of the week on March 9 against Reno when he scored 29 points on 12-of-21 shooting. 

Via RealGM Staff Report

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219649/Harangody_Sloan_Named_D_League_Players_Of_The_Week#ixzz1owBnfZzJ

Re: Gody takes the d-league by storm
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Old Celtics friend makes good in the d-league:

Harangody, Sloan Named D-League Players Of The Week
Mar 12, 2012 3:44 PM EDT

Luke Harangody, on assignment from the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Canton Charge, and Donald Sloan of the Erie BayHawks were today named NBA Development League Co-Performers of the Week for games played March 5-11. 

Harangody, averaged 24.3 points and 14.3 rebounds while shooting 62 percent from the floor as Canton went 3-0 on the week.  He began the week with double-doubles (March 8 at Springfield and March 10 vs. Maine) before finishing the week with a 30-point game (March 11 vs. Reno). 

Sloan averaged 22.0 points, 8.5 assists and 6.0 rebounds last week when the BayHawks went 2-0.  He finished with his best game of the week on March 9 against Reno when he scored 29 points on 12-of-21 shooting. 

Via RealGM Staff Report

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219649/Harangody_Sloan_Named_D_League_Players_Of_The_Week#ixzz1owBnfZzJ

I always liked Gody—he hustles, goes for every loose ball and rebound that's even remotely close to him, and works hard. A perfect example of how you don't need to be exceedingly tall to be a good rebounder—many of the Cs players could learn rebounding from him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
I really miss young Gody.  Glad he's doing well though, he's gonna stick around the league for a bit, I think he'll end up being something like the custodian on steroids.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
I see DeShawn Sims has in the last week rejoined the Red Claws after playing in South Korea.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
good for Gody.  kid plays all out when he's out there.  would have been handy for this season (along with Semih) instead of cutting them loose for Troy-trash last year.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
To be honest, I'm not all that surprised. I think this kid is way better than he's given credit for.

I'm always reluctant to open this can of worms, but quite frankly I think he's underrated because he doesn't look AT ALL like a typical "basketball player".

(I think the whole Jeremy Lin situation lends a little credence to my argument, right?)

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
He was excellent at coming off the bench during timeouts to give our starters high fives.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
To be honest, I'm not all that surprised. I think this kid is way better than he's given credit for.

I'm always reluctant to open this can of worms, but quite frankly I think he's underrated because he doesn't look AT ALL like a typical "basketball player".

(I think the whole Jeremy Lin situation lends a little credence to my argument, right?)

Luke is 6'7", 250, and a lot of muscle.  His appearance isnt why he gets overlooked. 

Everyone knew who he was coming out of college, but he gets overlooked in the NBA because he cant jump, and he shoots like a girl.  Lin was overlooked because hes small, went to an Ivy league school, and was cut by all his previous teams.  He seemingly came out of nowhere.

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Lin also plays a position where he can excel at any size.  Aren't too many 6'7" power forwards who can't jump excelling in the NBA.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Good for Gody, but it also shows how weak the D-league really is.  And that's why the C's are exactly jumping all over the centers there to fill their void.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Lin also plays a position where he can excel at any size.  Aren't too many 6'7" power forwards who can't jump excelling in the NBA.

I still think he's got a chance to carve out a Gomes-ian type role for himself as a bench 'tweener.  Plays bigger than he is, but still too small to be anything more than a role player.  Baby Heinsohn, uglier jumper than Rondo's but he can hit it.  He didn't seem to adjust well to the NBA pace, but I think he might be able to carve out a spot for himself.  Most likely he spends ten years playing overseas, though.