Author Topic: Hollinger: 3 Cs trades that should happen  (Read 6395 times)

Re: Hollinger: 3 Cs trades that should happen
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:39 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
the 3rd trade is most appealing. I want to get rid of Dooling so bad

Bradley should be averaging more minutes, I Hate Dooling's shots with a passion

Agreed -- who wouldn't do that deal? I don't think Hollinger has been paying attention to Dooling's play too carefully.

I wouldn't. What's the benefit? If you're going to trade Dooling, get something you need (size), or combine him with other expirings to get a rotation player.

you mean other than acquiring 3 assets that are worth something for 1 who is worth nothing?

neither scenario you suggest is very realistic, just like this trade suggestion to begin with.....

What's the third asset? I see only Pargo, who is signed through next year and has a PER that is actually worse than Dooling's, and Sam Young, who is a nice athlete but is otherwise a fringe NBA player. I don't see how either help the rotation or are an asset for a future trade.

If there's a draft pick involved, that might change my perspective on this.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Trade 1: I don't see Indy having any motivation to move Hibbert (at all.)  He's one of their building blocks and has been consistently improving.  7 footers with skill also don't grow on trees. 

Trade 2: As noted, this one doesn't even work plus even if it did work, make-believe trades where one team trades five guys from their roster and receive one or two back never actually happen.

Trade 3:  If Memphis wants Kenyon Dooling, the Cs will pay for his hotel and per diem expenses for the remainder of the season.  A bag of balls in return will suffice.

Pretty much nails it.  The other problem with trade 2 is that the Clippers actually have to send a 6th player out to make it work.  Then they have to go and sign 3-4 players to get back up to the 14-15 players teams carry.  Good luck doing that under the deadline.  Kind of defeats team continuity too for the remainder of the season when the whole reason the Clippers would be doing the deal is to make a run THIS year.

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
His idea is to have the Celtics with a roster of

Collison/Bledsoe/Pargo/Bradley
?
Pierce/Sam Young
KG/Josh Smith/JJJ
Chris Kaman/Stiemsma

with the ability to re-sign Collison, Kaman and Young by the end of the year.

Completely insane.

I don't see anything wrong with that. I could see Smith sliding over to the 3 and Pierce to the 2. Also expect us to play Bradley a lot more than Pargo, and play alongside either Collison or Bledsoe as a 2. You also forgot to include Sasha and Marquis. Sasha being one guy who would probably see some PT as a 2.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:52:30 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Makes no sense to get Smith without Rondo.  That is the main reason he wants to come here is to play with his Buddy.
Exactly.  A sideways move to give up a guy on a good deal for a guy that's going to get a horrible deal.

Danny wouldn't do the second one either as it just makes us significantly worse.

The third Memphis doesn't do.  They need a PG like Dooling but they'd be giving up too much for him.

Horribly unlikely and unhelpful proposal.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
the 3rd trade is most appealing. I want to get rid of Dooling so bad

Bradley should be averaging more minutes, I Hate Dooling's shots with a passion

Agreed -- who wouldn't do that deal? I don't think Hollinger has been paying attention to Dooling's play too carefully.

I wouldn't. What's the benefit? If you're going to trade Dooling, get something you need (size), or combine him with other expirings to get a rotation player.

you mean other than acquiring 3 assets that are worth something for 1 who is worth nothing?

neither scenario you suggest is very realistic, just like this trade suggestion to begin with.....

What's the third asset? I see only Pargo, who is signed through next year and has a PER that is actually worse than Dooling's, and Sam Young, who is a nice athlete but is otherwise a fringe NBA player. I don't see how either help the rotation or are an asset for a future trade.

If there's a draft pick involved, that might change my perspective on this.

I just meant the cash (Hollinger suggests that Memphis send $1mil in the deal -- fat chance). That pays for a whole year of Michael Pietrus, for example.

There's actually a 4th asset -- not having to watch Dooling play any more.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:49:18 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)