Author Topic: GO big or GO home  (Read 1582 times)

GO big or GO home
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:36:33 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
I realy hate how soft we are in the paint so I got an idea to fix that and maybe have one of the best front courts in basketball next season if dwight is a free agent

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7f43k2v

Boston gets : Kaman, Foye, Cook
NO gets : Oneal, Bledsoe
LAC gets : Ray

tell ray hes always welcome to come back next season.
Resign kaman and kg then sign dwight and ray.

our front court Dwight, kg, and kaman would be scary for miami and we would match up perfect against LAL

Re: GO big or GO home
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:29 AM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
We have 10 million this year tied up in Wilcox/JO.

Both of whom are done for the season more or less.

Danny Ainge has been downright putrid at putting together a solid team around the Big 3.

In 2008 we won off our talent, we were the most talented team in the league by far.

Every year since then, every team has gotten ALOT beter, while we have just gotten worse, (except for the first half of last season with Shaq).

Ainge just fails at signing impact players to go around the Big 3, just look at his track list.

He re-signs Marquis Daniels who was obviously done as a player after his back injury, he also wasnt on a team at the time of the signing.

He signs a well known inconsistent undersized big in Wilcox.

Sasha Pavlovic who wasnt even in the league at the time.

Keyon Dooling. Epic Fail.

Signs a 40 year old Shaq then trades his 26 year old Center.

Gives an old out of shape Rasheed Wallace a 3 year, 17 million deal.

Over the past couple of seasons the Celtics have had a wealth of D-Leaguers on the team.

Its like Ainge has a list of the most out of shape, often injured, no longer in the league players that he choses to sign to deals.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:48:19 AM by thestackshow »
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 03:55:28 AM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
I have a feeling that all we are going to get is a small move before the window closes, wouldn't be shocked to see Semih come back from Cleveland.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 04:08:15 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
if we cant rebound and protect the paint there is no banner 18, either trade to get those assets or fail with this current group and wait till next season. this would give us the best chance in the playoffs I think with bass kg and kaman thats solid espicially (knock on wood) if wilcox comes back.

We realy dont lose much scoring because kaman and foye are scorers they are going to get buckets. its a win win

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 07:03:40 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Im still driving the "get Kosta Koufos from Denver" bandwagon. He's not the household big name that everyone would like to have but I believe that he'll do great things for us now, and in the future. He's one guy I REALLY want playing for us.

He's having a good season right now. Playing either backup or starting. He's a back to basket guy, solid defense (not good, not too bad either).

His salary is not hard to match (at 2.20 million). And he's owed 9 million in the next three years, he's 23 by the way. He can be a good big option for us.

But I believe we have to be okay to give up a first rounder for him. I doubt Denver is just gonna let him go for scrubs and 2nd rounders. But I believe the very late pick is worth trading for him. He can be a solid piece, backing up or starting.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:32:33 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I agree with "go big or go home."  Just not sure what to do about it.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson