Author Topic: A couple of ways to get 3 bigs  (Read 3781 times)

Re: A couple of ways to get 3 bigs
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 09:33:40 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I think we really over value Erden on this board.  Is tall and breathing what we are looking for?

Tall, Breathing and not injured is a good start   ;D

In all reality, I would gladly take those 2 big's vs. what we have healthy right now.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Semih can't even get PT with the Cavs. And this is with Varejo out.  And it's not as though CLE is stacked with centers.  Can you even name their center(s) without looking it up?  Semih is not the answer to our prayers.

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Getting Semih for an expiring is better than signing Troy Murphy for the vet min. If he's healthy, that would be an upgrade over our current Centers.

Of course, getting Beasley and Randolph for JO + Dooling and the Clipper's pick would be great, and it's unclear if Minny would do it, but if you're going to send a first rounder you better get the chance to test not only Beasley but another young player whose career isn't going very well. Right now, Dooling to Minnesota makes sense (weird as it sounds), we'll see what Kahn will do by friday.

I'd rather send the JO/Dooling/Clipper's pick to Washington for McGee/Blatche, but either option would be ok for the Celtics.

Then, if those options aren't available, I hope DA signs someone who can stay on the court and bring some toughness.

It would be nice to get Kaman or Diaw, but only if they're bought out, so that's a long shot.

In any case, I hope Danny can bring some size. We need that badly.

Quis.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I think we really over value Erden on this board.  Is tall and breathing what we are looking for?

I wouldn't say trading quis for erden is overvaluing.

Yeah, Semih's not very good...  but at this point, neither is Quis.  Semih would at least add depth.  I thought he looked decent at times, but in the end I don't think he's much better (or worse) than Steamer...  meaning that if he's getting minutes, we're probably in trouble.