Author Topic: Rondo for Bogut/Jennings?  (Read 9383 times)

Re: Rondo for Bogut/Jennings?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
If Bogut were healthy, Jennings+Bogut for Rondo would be a pretty lopsided trade in our favor.  But given that Bogut is out for possibly the year, I don't see who the C's can pull the trigger.  They need bodies now; unless they've already decide to pack in the season.

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 02:03:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If Bogut were healthy, Jennings+Bogut for Rondo would be a pretty lopsided trade in our favor.  But given that Bogut is out for possibly the year, I don't see who the C's can pull the trigger.  They need bodies now; unless they've already decide to pack in the season.

Bogut's supposed to be back before the playoffs. Sad story with that guy though, I'd be behind the trade if it happened but I don't know how willing I would be to pull the trigger. I imagine he, like so many others, inadvertently caused harm to mystical gypsy woman who has cursed him.

Can't doubt his resolve, can't doubt his toughness, can't doubt his talent either. Healthy, he's a top-3 center in the league (or was when he was 25). But you gotta question his luck. Some bad ju-ju following that man.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 02:33:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Isn't this pretty similar to the trade Simmons proposed awhile ago that got panned pretty much across the board on this thread.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Isn't this pretty similar to the trade Simmons proposed awhile ago that got panned pretty much across the board on this thread.

Quite a bit different.  In addition to Rondo, we would have been giving up KG, and would have taken back the bad salaries of Stephen Jackson and Benoh Udrih.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I don't remember that trade, what was it?

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Bogut's an incredible defensive center. Jennings is probably an asset to shine up and then dump. I think the attractiveness of this deal is largely tied into whether you think Bogut will stay healthy. If so, it's a fair return for Rondo.

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Bogut's an incredible defensive center. Jennings is probably an asset to shine up and then dump. I think the attractiveness of this deal is largely tied into whether you think Bogut will stay healthy. If so, it's a fair return for Rondo.

I'd agree with all that.

I could make a logical argument that Bogut should be 100% healthy next season, but that guy seems to have luck that defies logic, or he's got avian bone syndrome.

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 03:13:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Aside from the Rondo for Bogut & Jennings trade, I would also be willing to take on Blatche just to have (24 year old) McGee. I've seen Bogut play effectively as a 4, particularly in the high post with his passing skills. So he could slide over to the 4 when he and McGee are in the game. Honestly, I'm just really sick of being undersized and getting hammered on the glass.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ngzqvp

I understand we would have 1 too many players on the roster, so we could send anyone , probably Stiemsma, to either Milwaukee or Washington. Now that I think about it, Steimsma played his college ball at Wisconsin, so Milwaukee would seem as the better choice.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:24:13 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
My guess is it's John Wall. The Wizards are rumored to be after Bogut. If the Bucks take Blatche in a deal I can see it happening.
The Wizards aren't giving up on John Wall. Certainly not for Bogut.

Yes but Who...this is the Wizards we are talking about. ;)

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 09:26:43 PM »

Offline AusCeltic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Sad story Bogut (albeit not the morose tale that is greg oden but close) looked like breaking out into a franchise center a few years ago until that horiffic elbow injury. Though I highly doubt the bucks would do it I would want their 1st round pick they can keep jennings he is a trashy chucker we can swap one of our fisrt rounders if they don't go for it. Then pray to Bill Russell that Bogut stays healthy and recaptures form.
Unless Bogut undergoes a Wolverine like procedure covering his bones in a fictional substance that never breaks no thanks.

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
No.

Bogut cannot actually put runs of games together without being injured.

You're essentially trading rondo for jennings.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Bogut cannot actually put runs of games together without being injured.

Sometimes players with injury histories hold it together.  Amare Stoudemire has played 78+ games in 4 out of the past 5 seasons, and the 29 games he missed in that fifth season were due to eye surgery and not knee problems.  Ray Allen played 56 and 55 games in two of the four previous seasons due to repeated foot and ankle problems, and was coming off of surgery on both ankles when he was traded to Boston, but has since been durable.

I think he's probably as likely to be healthy next season as Tyson Chandler and more likely to be healthy than Chris Kaman, to compare him to a few other injury-prone centers.

I wouldn't trade Rondo for Bogut, but I think some people are so scarred by the Jermaine O'Neal experience that they tend to undervalue players who have had injury problems.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »

Offline bostonpatriot

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 6
Besides the games he misses with migraines, Bogut's injuries have always been traumatic. Produced by accidents. In different body parts. Not recurrent ones.

On the other hand, big seven footers rarely have long careers in today's league.

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6lkxm3a

Cap space can't be valued when big name free agents won't sign here.
Bogut Ilysova Jennings and SJackson
Rondo Ray Bradley JO

Maybe we get a 3rd team like Chicago or Clipppers to take Ray
But we still get back a nice trio of players to contend and still build around.
Boguts injuries have been random freak accidents. Otherwise he's a top 3 center in this league.
Jennings just needs some veterans around him to help teach better shot selection.
And Ilysova has been playing his tail off

Rondo Bradley and whatever a 3rd team brings in should be enough to entice the Bucks to start over ckmpletely
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 11:49:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo for Bogut and Jennings... Sure, why not?  Deal.