Author Topic: Rondo for Bogut/Jennings?  (Read 9393 times)

Rondo for Bogut/Jennings?
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:19:53 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I’ve heard the Bucks have been offered a “young, All-Star type point guard” for center Andrew Bogut. If that is true, and the Bucks took up that offer, would that mean current point guard Brandon Jennings could be jettisoned as well? Yes, it would.

This is per Bucks beat writer, Gery Woelfel

Could this possibly be for Rondo? Sure it's speculation, but don't know how many teams have an all-star pg and a major hole in the middle.

Re: Rondo for Bogut/Jennings?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
No way would Danny do that.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2717
My guess is it's John Wall. The Wizards are rumored to be after Bogut. If the Bucks take Blatche in a deal I can see it happening.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
There is no way Danny would make this trade.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I've actually thought about this before as I know Milwaukee is looking to cut their loses with Bogut and Jennings has expressed interest in playing for a bigger market.

I would actually pass. I wasn't that impressed with Brandon Jennings when Milwaukee came to Boston a couple weeks ago.

As for Bogut, I am not a big fan of him. He gets injured way too much and even when healthy, he's never been able to help his team come anywhere near being relevant.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
My guess is it's John Wall. The Wizards are rumored to be after Bogut. If the Bucks take Blatche in a deal I can see it happening.

I think you underestimate Wall's value.

He's not leaving the Wizards anytime soon.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2717

If it's not Rondo, and it's not Wall, who is it then? There is no way DWill, CP3, or Westbrook are going to be traded for Bogut. Who's left as an all-star type pg?

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Isn't bougut out for the season?? Brandon jennings just doesn't do enough for me to say yeah lets do this deal. Bougut very injury prone no thanks.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I hate to say it, but with wilcox out this could be possible... though I'd hate this trade...

Jennings is more inconsistent than rondo and boguts always injured...

I feel like there's a better trade out there. Jennings and Ilysova? Or add a first to the above trade with bogut idk...

but with virtually no frontcourt, this could danny's way of saying "hey, ill fix the pg position and center position in one trade." Thought bogut being injured kinda kills that one a bit so idk...

though the bucks would have incentive to do it jennings has already been nice enough to give them a scare and tell them he's gonna go look for a bigger market in two years

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

that would be one of the dumbest trades ever
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
I've actually thought about this before as I know Milwaukee is looking to cut their loses with Bogut and Jennings has expressed interest in playing for a bigger market.

I would actually pass. I wasn't that impressed with Brandon Jennings when Milwaukee came to Boston a couple weeks ago.

As for Bogut, I am not a big fan of him. He gets injured way too much and even when healthy, he's never been able to help his team come anywhere near being relevant.

honestly his game in boston was a fluke hes like a poor mans westbrook he usually puts up 20+ a game by chucking a bunch of shots

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
The Bucks are apparently insisting that Jackson is included in any Bogut trade

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1034

If it's not Rondo, and it's not Wall, who is it then? There is no way DWill, CP3, or Westbrook are going to be traded for Bogut. Who's left as an all-star type pg?

Duh... It's Rose.

Nah but seriously, they said a young all-star TYPE pg. Probably not an all-star but someone who could become one (and not obvious guys like Wall or Irving).

Maybe it is Lowry? Houston looks hellbent on making a move of some sort.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

Duh... It's Rose.

Nah but seriously, they said a young all-star TYPE pg. Probably not an all-star but someone who could become one (and not obvious guys like Wall or Irving).

Maybe it is Lowry? Houston looks hellbent on making a move of some sort.

I thought that too actually, but even with overpriced underperforming dalembert I dont see the point in risking a trade with lowry to get bogut...

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I suppose maybe Kyrie Irving or Kyle Lowry