Author Topic: Boston/Washington Idea  (Read 8699 times)

Boston/Washington Idea
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:32:54 PM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Washington Sends: Nick Young, JaVale McGee, Andrey Blatche

Boston Sends: Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox, Keyon Dooling, Clippers 1st round pick 2012, 1st round pick 2013, Conditional 2nd rounder?

I'd love for this situation, Nick Young provides bench scoring, Blatche and McGee provide us big man depth, KG is there to coach them through

and the guys are all young too

rebuild
Rondo/Young/Green/Batche/McGee

Rondo would be perfect running that team
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:39:25 PM by rasta1 »

Re: Boston/Washington Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
That "rebuilding" group could very well fare worse than washington is NOW.  There's no guarantee Rondo will get anything more out of them than wall, but I think there is a good chance that he'll have more issues with their mentality than wall since rondo is used to a winning, organized situation.  Maybe Pierce would have a good influence on them, but just considering rondo, green, and the wizards cast offs as our rebuild isnt very encouraging =/

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:26 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Can someone please consolidate all the blatche/mcgee threads into one please...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
That "rebuilding" group could very well fare worse than washington is NOW.  There's no guarantee Rondo will get anything more out of them than wall, but I think there is a good chance that he'll have more issues with their mentality than wall since rondo is used to a winning, organized situation.  Maybe Pierce would have a good influence on them, but just considering rondo, green, and the wizards cast offs as our rebuild isnt very encouraging =/

Agreed, but it'd also put the majority of Washington's starting lineup at the back-end of our current rotation, and that's a pretty good thing. Rondo/Avery/Ray/Young/Pierce/Pietrus/KG/Bass/McGee/Blatche is a really strong 10-deep crew, talent-wise. I'm not sure Young is really necessary and I'd rather keep at least one of those picks but it's certainly worth tossing around. Talent-wise, this puts us back in the conversation.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 01:41:12 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93

Yes, let's call it "Highway to Hell"... The worst team in the league is desperately trying to unload Blatche and has given up on Spaceman McGee, and yet there are 40 threads about how we should trade for these bums.

These guys are the anti-Celtics... Talented, but with no idea how to win... No idea how to contribute to a winning team... The Celtics are all about hard work, playing as a team and getting the most out of your teammates and yourself. These are the 2nd and 3rd most important players on consistently the worst team in the league... If you are trying to relegate the Cs to years of worse than mediocrity, than these are the guys you want...

Trading for these guys is an Isiah Thomas amateur night move... There's a reason NO ONE will touch Blatche... I can't believe people actually want to give up assets for him.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:13:18 AM by EDWARDO »

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 04:19:01 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Yes, let's call it "Highway to Hell"... The worst team in the league is desperately trying to unload Blatche and has given up on Spaceman McGee, and yet there are 40 threads about how we should trade for these bums.

These guys are the anti-Celtics... Talented, but with no idea how to win... No idea how to contribute to a winning team... The Celtics are all about hard work, playing as a team and getting the most out of your teammates and yourself. These are the 2nd and 3rd most important players on consistently the worst team in the league... If you are trying to relegate the Cs to years of worse than mediocrity, than these are the guys you want...

Trading for these guys is an Isiah Thomas amateur night move... There's a reason NO ONE will touch Blatche... I can't believe people actually want to give up assets for him.

My impression is that they want to get rid of Blatche so, so bad, they don't even want assets and, hell, they'll even give up Javale McGee for it.

JO and Wilcox (who's apparently injured) for Javale McGee...why the hell not? It's not for Blatche it's for an actual starting center and that will put us over the top. My math says 4 years of Blatche bull**** for a championship is worth it.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 04:46:33 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93

My impression is that they want to get rid of Blatche so, so bad, they don't even want assets and, hell, they'll even give up Javale McGee for it.

JO and Wilcox (who's apparently injured) for Javale McGee...why the hell not? It's not for Blatche it's for an actual starting center and that will put us over the top. My math says 4 years of Blatche bull**** for a championship is worth it.

There's no trade with Washington that would give us a chance to win it this year. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Sorry.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 04:51:48 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Agreed.
McGee is an intriguing player, but he's far from a sure thing. Definitely not worth bringing on the mess that is Andray Blatche. No thank you.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 05:25:44 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

There's no trade with Washington that would give us a chance to win it this year. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Sorry.

This.

People on this forum seem very taken by loser bigs that are on offer from loser teams. There is a reason these teams lose all the time and there is a reason these players are on offer.

Just to summarise a few.

Deandre Jordan (Not on offer but was sought after on this blog)

A decent but not very talented athletic big man who was on a loser clippers team for a while and did very little to change that with his inconsistent play, and suddenly when surrounded with good players and the best point guard in the league he is someone we should trade the house for.

Andray Blatche

Probably the worst defensive power forward in the league and just completely lacks effort all round. His and Mcgee's presence as starters for the Wiz directly correlate to them sucking.

Javale Mcgee

The dumbest player in the NBA without a doubt. Makes stupid plays consistently, to the point of getting benched for them, yet does not learn. Makes a lot of effort with plays that will get him on the highlight reel, regardless of whether he helps the team or not, then makes a stupid salute to the people of Washington every time something happens to go right on the court for him. Lacks positioning due to lack of brain.

Chris Kaman

Probably the best option so far, as he is talented offensively and knows how to use his body and rebound the ball. However he is extremely slow and injury prone and you're probably going to have to give up a pick to land him. Not good enough to put us into contention. So no point.

Boris Diaw

Talented offensively, and a decent passer of the ball. However is fat and lazy. Hustle wise he is Glen Davis without the heart. Once again not really a difference maker in possibly the worst team in the league.

Andris Biedrins

Shocking contract, averaging a stellar 2 points and 4 rebounds this year.

Andrew Bogut

A good player but i dont think he's strung games together like...ever.

STOP Wanting these guys. They arent going to help our immediate situation enough to bother, and they definitely wont help into the future. I get we need size, but these guys aren't the answer. If we want to get into a contract for a center, lets wait until the end of the year when we can afford one THATS ACTUALLY PLAYING GOOD BASKETBALL, NOT GOING TO BE INJURED, AND NOT 35.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 05:49:53 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Youtube'd some lowlights of McGee...dude really doesn't give a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline....Wow...Glad I never watch Wizards games (or really any other team's games tbh).

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
blatche is a nincompoop
mcgee? i'm not sold on his nincompoop status. seems like a good kid in a bad situation.

could we amnesty blatche?

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Washington Sends: Nick Young, JaVale McGee, Andrey Blatche

Boston Sends: Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox, Keyon Dooling, Clippers 1st round pick 2012, 1st round pick 2013, Conditional 2nd rounder?

Not that I'm in favor of the trade, but no way do you send them first rounders.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
well, i'm not advocating this trade, but if you are into the entire rebuilding from scratch thing, this trade pretty much gurantees the c's will be a top 5 lottery team for the next few years lol.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Two things:

1) People need to stop being so selective and quite frankly unrealistic. Yes, maybe McGee and Blatche aren't good fits, but we aren't in a position to do much else besides take risks on flawed players or take salary back in exchange for sweeteners.  If not this deal, these are the types of deals that Danny likely is going to have to choose from.  I swear some people on this board would shoot down LeBron for  second round pick ideas because he doesn't have a good jump shot, has never won anything, and has a contract that hurts our cap flexibility (not to mention studs like Leon Powe and Ryan Gomes can be found in the second round).

2) While I am not completely sold on the OP's trade proposal, I have been thinking more and more that if Danny is going to make a deal, this is the type of deal to make. First let me say that I am OK with Danny sitting pat and not making a trade. However it is looking more and more like there won't be anyone worth signing to max deals this summer anyway. The last thing we want to do is spend for the sake of spending like Dumars did a few years back when he inked Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva to ridiculous contracts. Thus, I'd be on board with Danny offering to take back salary for a year or two (though preferably not 3 like with Blatche) in exchange for sweeteners that could blossom in a better environment (like McGee).

We could then bring back Ray and KG, nurture the rebuilding team for a year or two and then begin setting ourselves up for the summer of 2013 or 2014.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:18:31 PM by Jon »

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I would rather trade them to Charlotte for Boris Diaw and keep our draft picks.

Boris Diaw has a proven track record in this league. These two Washington imbeciles have a thoroughly horrible track record.
The beatings will continue until morale improves