Author Topic: Blatche and McGee  (Read 1122 times)

Blatche and McGee
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:18:27 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
So they're giving away assets to get rid of the garbage - no - toxic fecal biohazard that is Andre Blatche's contract. McGee seems to be thrown around a lot.

What would you give up for them? Apparently their fans don't want Nick Young either but I'm skeptical.

To me it's sort of a no-brainer. We've never had the luxury of a healthy, live bodied, true-starting-caliber big.

Sure, it comes with baggage (to put it lightly) but it's worth it if we're making one last run with the big three.

And I think McGee has sort of become the fall guy for their team. It's a mess in Washington right now.

Taking on Blatche sucks but it's the dealmaker. They want a fresh start from the combined immaturity of McGee and Blatche, we have the exact remedy.

Plus, even Danny himself said our cap space is overrated, especially now with Dwight hopes dwindling.

I'd definitely give up any of our expiring contracts outside the core 4. McGee for JO and an injured Wilcox is just too much of a steal. I'd even throw in a pick. Any more and it'd really depend on the trade.

Re: Blatche and McGee
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I just shudder to think how bad mcgee would be at learning our sets or defensive system....

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:24:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
High Risk/High Reward here.

An infusion of LARGE bodies who can run and rebound.

I take the chance.

Wilcox's situation almost dictates it. In so doing, I would also get what we can for Pierce, Ray and (if necessary, though I would rather not)Rondo.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
High Risk/High Reward here.

An infusion of LARGE bodies who can run and rebound.

I take the chance.

From the standpoint of our future, it sure is high risk. But from the standpoint of right now...hmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McoibcXuDwY&feature=player_embedded

Sums up their past few seasons. This really makes me wonder how low they're willing to go with this. I mean, if they just want expiring contracts, I'd seriously consider potentially mortgaging our future for a second time for contention.