Author Topic: Batum  (Read 4369 times)

Re: Batum
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Its a stretch and full of many IFs but if we signed Batum and then if they traded up in the draft for Austin Rivers (if he comes out) IF he reaches his full potential and develop into that go to scorer he would be a perfect match for Rondo and Batum.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Its a stretch and full of many IFs but if we signed Batum and then if they traded up in the draft for Austin Rivers if he comes out) IF he reaches his full potential and develop into that go to scorer he would be a perfect match for Rondo and Batum.

IF the Celtics sign Batum to a max offer (they probably won't, too risky), and IF the Blazers don't match it (Batum/Aldridge are only two pieces the Blazers have actually retained from the beginning of the Oden/Roy debacle), that means they'll still have all your IFS as well.

Its a lot...A LOT of ifs.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »

Offline celticglaswegian

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 9
I have seen a lot of Batum's games when he was in France during the lockout. He had no problem being the main guy on his team, leading the league at the time.
In Euroleague he started really strong, he was named player of the week if I remember well. Then the defenses adjusted to his game and he had 2 or 3 bad games before leaving, but he was passing the ball more and his team was still competitive against some of the top european team.

As a french guy, I know him well and I would love to have him in green next year. I feel like he will be the next big player after Parker in the national team. He's very calm and willing to work, he would look good paired with Rondo.

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 05:35:12 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I love myself some advanced stats and Batum is absolutely awesome offensively according to Synergy, although I was surprised when they rated him poorly on defense (although 82games says he's pretty darn good based on opponent's PER).

In any case, it's a matter of money. Batum has gotten better every year and I think many have high hopes for the guy - I think he could certainly work beautifully with Rondo. However, like, I said, it's all about the price.

Another issue is that, at least next year, he'll play the same position as Paul and Green (assuming we want him to come back). It seems a little strange to have all three on the roster, so something's going to have to give.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 10:07:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Another issue is that, at least next year, he'll play the same position as Paul and Green (assuming we want him to come back). It seems a little strange to have all three on the roster, so something's going to have to give.

I was wondering myself if Batum could play SG while Pierce is still with the team. Really he has to be able to defend SGs better then Ray so i dont think it would be an issue.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:53 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
If we can get a young guy with so much talent, we do it. He would at the very least be very tradable.

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I was wondering myself if Batum could play SG while Pierce is still with the team. Really he has to be able to defend SGs better then Ray so i dont think it would be an issue.
I think Batum defends guards (PGs and SGs) better than SFs.

Defends guards at an elite level. Defends SFs at an above average but not elite level.