Author Topic: Washington wizards could be willing to part with JaVale  (Read 14861 times)

Re: Washington wizards could be willing to part with JaVale
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 03:38:35 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Max=$14,5M

My guess;

Hibbert=$12M
B.Lopez=$10M
McGee=$8M
Asık=$5M
My guesses would be:

B.Lopez = $13-14 million
McGee = $12+ million
Hibbert = $12 million
Asik = $6-7 million

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of B.Lopez, McGee or Hibbert land a maximum contract.

not to sound like prick, but youre throwing this guy in the mix with roy hibbert and brook lopez, and have mentioned youd think the wiz would want a top 5 pick for him.

are you aware this guy has been benched a least a couple times over the past couple weeks, and the wiz improved while hes been out of the game?

everyone has their own opinion, but being from the dc area and seeing the wizards games and hearing the sports radio around here. im not the only one that thinks this guy is a stat padding loser and the wizards would be better off seeing him leave town.  Every time this man gets benched the wizards team defense improves.  He got benched for an entire half and they almost came back won the game while he was out.

if you dont trust my opinion, google 'javale mcgee benched' and these are the first four results you'll get.   

'javale mcgee doesnt understand why he was benched'

'javale mcgee trying to adjust to benching'

'javale mcgee benched for volleyball goaltend'

'javale mcgee benched again on wednesday'

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:00:36 AM by greg683x »
Greg

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2012, 03:50:46 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
the guy threw a pass to himself off the backboard for a dunk while his team was losing.  he's a 7 foot tall gerald green.  oh and he looks like gerald too.

Greg

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 04:24:15 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Max=$14,5M

My guess;

Hibbert=$12M
B.Lopez=$10M
McGee=$8M
Asık=$5M
My guesses would be:

B.Lopez = $13-14 million
McGee = $12+ million
Hibbert = $12 million
Asik = $6-7 million

I should point out that I don't think Asik can be offered more than the average salary by any team because of the Gilbert Arenas provision.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 05:25:02 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Wizards beat writer for The Washington Post:

Michael Lee: Source just told me #wizards have informed teams they can have any player except John Wall if they are willing to take Andray Blatche Twitter

To clarify, #wizards aren't actively shopping whole team except Wall to trade Blatche. Only willing to listen in order to make right deal

#wizards obviously have players they like & want to keep besides Wall. But if a favorable deal is on the table, they may have to consider it

Daniels & JO (both expiring) for Blatche & McGee works salary wise.

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 07:29:16 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
daniels & JO is all I'd give for him, raw talent but I think he will forever be a bonehead with a bad attitude
if he grows up he'll be a very good defensive center, i'd much rather keep jjj who shows tons more composure and no signs of attitude
blatche i'd just retrade

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »

Offline Jay_Diggles

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Max=$14,5M

My guess;

Hibbert=$12M
B.Lopez=$10M
McGee=$8M
Asık=$5M
My guesses would be:

B.Lopez = $13-14 million
McGee = $12+ million
Hibbert = $12 million
Asik = $6-7 million

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of B.Lopez, McGee or Hibbert land a maximum contract.

not to sound like prick, but youre throwing this guy in the mix with roy hibbert and brook lopez, and have mentioned youd think the wiz would want a top 5 pick for him.

are you aware this guy has been benched a least a couple times over the past couple weeks, and the wiz improved while hes been out of the game?

everyone has their own opinion, but being from the dc area and seeing the wizards games and hearing the sports radio around here. im not the only one that thinks this guy is a stat padding loser and the wizards would be better off seeing him leave town.  Every time this man gets benched the wizards team defense improves.  He got benched for an entire half and they almost came back won the game while he was out.

if you dont trust my opinion, google 'javale mcgee benched' and these are the first four results you'll get.   

'javale mcgee doesnt understand why he was benched'

'javale mcgee trying to adjust to benching'

'javale mcgee benched for volleyball goaltend'

'javale mcgee benched again on wednesday'

I don't think anyone here values him above those player currently.   I can honestly say trading form them, using a pick and JO / Dooling  is a calculated risk to improve our team now and in the future.  JO is a decision away from retiring, and there is a small chance new senery in Boston could transform these two into above average ball players.  No matter what IQ they have, they are big, athletic and fill a major weakness this team desperately needs.  They also have this tuff, thuggish feel to them.  Insert KG s mouth and people would fear The Paint again in Boston.  They are not skinny 7 footers.  I like the trade a lot.  I just think the wiz could get more from someone else.   I hope I'm wrong.  And I also feel no matter McGee will get paid 8 to 10 based on the theory you can't teach hight or athleticism. 
Diggles

: Washington wizards could be willing to part with JaVale
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »

Offline greenlion

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
javale's intensity coupled with KG's nastiness would be a welcome idea over at beantown...imagine the chest thumping/slapping hapening at the garden all night..wishful thinking though...
"talent is not enough - I always admired the ones with heart..."

Re: : Washington wizards could be willing to part with JaVale
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
javale's intensity coupled with KG's nastiness would be a welcome idea over at beantown...imagine the chest thumping/slapping hapening at the garden all night..wishful thinking though...

KG's intensity was also supposed to make Patrick O'Bryant turn his career around, and whos to say Garnett will even be here next year??  especially after we give Mcgee this god awful contract?

I dont get this whole theory of how we can take on all the leagues problems, but they wont apply to us just because we think KG will whip them into shape.  It's never worked!

Do you guys really think KG will do anything to help Andray Blatche if he comes here??  You can tell just by watching them on the court that KG has no respect for the guy, he all but takes him to the locker room and gives him a swirly
Greg

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 10:41:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think that being around hall of fame veterans and a championship level coach could turn McGee around. However, I don't think it would be an overnight process. Which is why I think if we have interest in McGee we should trade for him now.

Since people threw out numbers that they think the other centers will cost, what do you think Kaman will fetch?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
You could triple McGee's basketball IQ and it wouldn't approach triple digits.

He could be around a roster of hall of famers and they couldn't fix that.

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

That Garnett influence sure turned Mark Blount into a hallafama.

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 11:18:56 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

That Garnett influence sure turned Mark Blount into a hallafama.
Mark Blount didn't suceed because he didn't try. McGee is young and inexperienced.

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Since people threw out numbers that they think the other centers will cost, what do you think Kaman will fetch?
$6-8 million would be market rate, I'd say.

But I think Kaman is at a point in his career where he'd take less money to play for a title contender. He will likely want a starting position and 30mpg but the money would be less of a concern. An MLE contract ($5mil) would be his target but he may take the mini-MLE ($3mil) if the options at the MLE aren't great.

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If Danny was to acquire JaVale McGee either now or in the summer, I would want the Big Three to stay.

I wouldn't be comfortable entering into a rebuilding process with McGee as a leading member of my team on a big-money contract with only Rondo around to help lead.

I think Danny would need to put of rebuilding for the time-being and enter a temporary transition period with the Big Three, Rondo and McGee. Put McGee in as conducive to development environment as humanly possible.

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
If Danny was to acquire JaVale McGee either now or in the summer, I would want the Big Three to stay.

I wouldn't be comfortable entering into a rebuilding process with McGee as a leading member of my team on a big-money contract with only Rondo around to help lead.

I think Danny would need to put of rebuilding for the time-being and enter a temporary transition period with the Big Three, Rondo and McGee. Put McGee in as conducive to development environment as humanly possible.
I agree. In the end I bet Golden State overpays him and he doesn't develop the way he could in a better situation.