Author Topic: Idea- C's get JSmith, Clips get Ray Allen...  (Read 4201 times)

Re: Idea- C's get JSmith, Clips get Ray Allen...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:52:48 AM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150

Don't get carried away, "one of the best power forwards in the league", the guys has never even been an all star and has been in the league for what 8 years since he was 18?
Um his trade value is based off of right now not the fact he's been in the league for 8 years and failed to make the "fan voted all star team" as of RIGHT NOW he is one of the top 5 PF's in the nba

What????????????????????????? He's not even in the top 10.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 12:02:32 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Where are you going to find cap room to sign a max player when you've added 19M in salary to the books for this offseason?
You would have to amnesty Pierce.

If we were to get Josh Smith I think the trade would look similar to the deal you proposed

To Boston: Josh Smith, Marvin Williams (if they are trading smith they are going to shed Marvin's contract).

To LAC: Ray Allen

To ATL: Bledsoe, JO, Foye, Gomes, a first from us a first from LAC (2014). We probably would have to throw in Bradley or JJJ as well.

This trade is unlikely unless Atlanta decides they want to shed salary desperately.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »

Offline 82-0

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
We only give up Bledsoe, Foye, and Gomes to get Ray Allen in that trade? I'd do that in an instant.

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 09:23:14 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Celtics get Josh Smith, Foye and Gomes

ATL gets Bledsoe, JuJuan J, Clippers pick

Clippers get Ray Allen

I'm buying into Josh Smith and Rondo convince Dwight to sign.  We know these 3 our friends.  We know in this scenario Dwight will be "the man", if that's what he's looking for.  You'll probably get Ray Allen back next year anyway.  It's worth a shot.

I would be inclined to do this, however it seems like the Celtics or Clippers would have to give up another player/pick in order for this to go through. Bledsoe was very highly touted, the only real reason he isn't starting games in "Lob City" this year was because of CP3. You need to surround Rondo with talent for now and the future so if this is what it takes then do it.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Something like this is looking more and more likely. Don't think Danny will let this team limp through the rest of the season without a center only to get mercy killed in the 1st round. Might not be Josh Smith, but I definitely see him trading for a C/PF at the deadline. Bogut, Kaman, Jsmoove, McGee...someone...