Author Topic: Idea- C's get JSmith, Clips get Ray Allen...  (Read 4195 times)

Idea- C's get JSmith, Clips get Ray Allen...
« on: March 09, 2012, 04:02:22 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Celtics get Josh Smith, Foye and Gomes

ATL gets Bledsoe, JuJuan J, Clippers pick

Clippers get Ray Allen

I'm buying into Josh Smith and Rondo convince Dwight to sign.  We know these 3 our friends.  We know in this scenario Dwight will be "the man", if that's what he's looking for.  You'll probably get Ray Allen back next year anyway.  It's worth a shot.

Re: Idea- C's get JSmith, Clips get Ray Allen...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:43 AM »

Offline Ticketz

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
That's not a bad trade but I'm almost certain JO's contract would have to be involved and Bradley to out do a Monte Ellis package..

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:53:13 AM »

Offline AlexDaMenace

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
why should ATL do this?
one of the top PFs in the league will probably bring in more value than a weak pick and bledsoe plus triple J.

maybe the hawks would give us j-smoove for ray/pierce, bass and stiemsma.
that he requested a trade does not mean he is on sale, or cheap to get, he is playing a GREAT season ;)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
why should ATL do this?
one of the top PFs in the league will probably bring in more value than a weak pick and bledsoe plus triple J.

maybe the hawks would give us j-smoove for ray/pierce, bass and stiemsma.
that he requested a trade does not mean he is on sale, or cheap to get, he is playing a GREAT season ;)

Don't get carried away, "one of the best power forwards in the league", the guys has never even been an all star and has been in the league for what 8 years since he was 18?

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
No thanks.  I can't stand big men who have no idea how to play their position.

Superstar talent but a complete idiot who will never get it. Was fun watching him take a 3 the other night with less than a minute to go and his team down 3 (he missed obviously).

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »

Offline Ticketz

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
/quote]

Don't get carried away, "one of the best power forwards in the league", the guys has never even been an all star and has been in the league for what 8 years since he was 18?
[/quote]
Um his trade value is based off of right now not the fact he's been in the league for 8 years and failed to make the "fan voted all star team" as of RIGHT NOW he is one of the top 5 PF's in the nba

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:29:15 AM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
That's not a bad trade but I'm almost certain JO's contract would have to be involved and Bradley to out do a Monte Ellis package..

True and i think we would have to take back a contract that Atl wanted to shed(Marvin Williams).  If we do take back Marvin I don't believe we would have the cap space for Howard as well.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
/quote]

Um his trade value is based off of right now not the fact he's been in the league for 8 years and failed to make the "fan voted all star team" as of RIGHT NOW he is one of the top 5 PF's in the nba
[/quote]

Pau gasol, Aldridge, love, griffin, bosh, Amare, Dirk, Zbo, off top of my head that's 8 better than him.

Also unless you are an absolute idiot gm you don't just base his value off the present you look at the whole picture.

The All-star game actually only has the starters voted on by fans if you didn't know. The bench is picked by coaches. But yeah the fans were way off when they voted lebron, wade, rose, howard and melo

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
I like the start, but you have to go all in -

ATL Gets - Bledsoe, Pierce, Garnett

BOS Gets - J. Smith, Williams, Foye, Gomes

LAC Gets - Allen

Is Rondo - $8mil SG - Williams - J. Smith enough to attract Howard? That is the real prize.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Celtics get Josh Smith, Foye and Gomes

ATL gets Bledsoe, JuJuan J, Clippers pick

Clippers get Ray Allen

I'm buying into Josh Smith and Rondo convince Dwight to sign.  We know these 3 our friends.  We know in this scenario Dwight will be "the man", if that's what he's looking for.  You'll probably get Ray Allen back next year anyway.  It's worth a shot.

Pretty sure this trade would not even be allowed.  C's would be taking on too much salary, without sending out enough in return.  Besides, what would be the point of taking on Foye and Gomes?  They're unnecessary parts.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Atlanta would never do this.  Take the green-tinted glasses off.

the question is: Would Atlanta take Pierce and Bass for Smith and change?

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
God awful deal for Atlanta... They might trade Smith and pieces for howard...How would Bledsoe make up for that?

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
I like the start, but you have to go all in -

ATL Gets - Bledsoe, Pierce, Garnett

BOS Gets - J. Smith, Williams, Foye, Gomes

LAC Gets - Allen

Is Rondo - $8mil SG - Williams - J. Smith enough to attract Howard? That is the real prize.

First, yuk. Pierce and Garnett for three useless players and one not-stable, though very good, player? No thanks. I'd rather ride out the season and see what happens in the playoffs.

Second, why do people keep thinking that what's going to appeal to Howard has anything to do with basketball? His top choice is NJ for crying out loud, and he doesn't want to be in Chicago. Howard thinks he should be a multimedia superstar* and that if he lived in NY or LA that would happen. I don't think Howard even cares about winning except that it enhances his overall reputation. Howard will not sign in Boston no matter what our situation is.

*(He's wrong about this. Smiling a lot and acting like a goofball don't give you charisma. Next to other NBA personalities, Howard is a pretty sad tomato.)

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 11:32:01 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
I don't see any reason to involve the Clippers in this deal at all.  They simply don't have the assets they'd be willing to trade.  if they want a package centered around Mo Williams, they need to call Portland about Jamal Crawford

I still believe that Ray Allen, Brandon Bass, and draft picks (or young players like JJJ or Moore or Bradley in their place) would be a serious consideration for Atlanta

I also believe you could build a package around Paul Pierce, Brandon Bass for Josh Smith, Marvin Williams.

As long as Atlanta doesn't try for a big package for Dwight or a Gasol-Smith deal, I think Boston is a reasonable trade partner

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »

Offline mcshane41

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
Where are you going to find cap room to sign a max player when you've added 19M in salary to the books for this offseason?